Any chance the Hawks trade up into the top four?

WarHawks

Reaction score
^Exactly this. I've been saying this all along. IF, and that's a big if, they have a guy they really like, go get him! We may never be in this position again. And for a potential trade partner, moving down to #5 isn't a big jump. We have lots of options for defensive help besides picking in the top 5 (we didn't get Avril or Bennett in the draft). The same can't be said of young potential franchise qb's, unless of course the scouts have a different evaluation. But what do I know. I'm just a dude posting on the internet.

Last edited:

flv2

Reaction score
Last year there were reports in here of the Seahawks trying to move up for Mahomes in 2017. The Seahawks aren't against moving up. They just haven't done it very often.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I doubt it. As sutz said, it would be out of character for JS to trade up as he has done it so seldom.

I think some fans are taking it for granted that Geno will re-sign with Seattle. Unless the plan is to use the Franchise/Exclusive Rights Tag on Geno, we don't have a guaranteed QB on the roster which means we absolutely need to consider all avenues to adding one.

Consider for a moment that Geno signs elsewhere. The draft becomes the best option to fill the position. And in a draft with a few quarterbacks offering franchise QB projections, it makes sense a team with a huge need at quarterback trades up into a position to grab the one they like most. Could they wait at #5 pick for their 3rd or 4th qb option? Sure, but why settle. Go get your guy. The picks given up won't matter if you hit on the selection.
Yep, some folks are acting like the #5 spot is garbage, and That's far from the truth of the matter, I mean NO QB there?, no problem, you go DEFENSE, your Defender ain't there, you trade down a few spots and YOU STILL get a Quality Top Ten Player, AND you still have a pick @ 20 to upgrade O-line or D-line....either way?, Schneider KNOWS he's 'swingin for the fences'

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
#5 is a huge bonus. No way in hell that many honestly thought we would get the #5 pick from Denver. More like picking 5 with OUR regular pick.

GemCity

Reaction score
Yep, some folks are acting like the #5 spot is garbage, and That's far from the truth of the matter, I mean NO QB there?, no problem, you go DEFENSE, your Defender ain't there, you trade down a few spots and YOU STILL get a Quality Top Ten Player, AND you still have a pick @ 20 to upgrade O-line or D-line....either way?, Schneider KNOWS he's 'swingin for the fences'
It’s a great position to be in for sure. After Pete and JS recent comments, I wouldn’t be shocked if they try to trade up to grab Young or Stroud.

But…I also wouldn’t be shocked to see them go D-line and try for a QB at 20.

They haven’t been in a position to actually go for a projected top 1, 2, 3…QB.

If they love a guy…like they did Mahomes and Josh Allen, I’m all for it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Even if historically they haven’t they’ve also never been in this position before. Let’s say geno isn’t a part of your plans and you have a QB you are 100% on as a star, you would be dumb not to trade up if you think you have the next mahomes or whoever and in that scenario I think John would move up a spot or two. I don’t think it happens but it could

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, just because they have had a pattern of doing things a certain way, doesn't mean they won't do different in this upcoming draft. They're usually picking in the 20's, so this is unique.

James in PA

Reaction score
Five is a great spot to be in. Most people seem to think Young, Stroud, Anderson and Carter will be the first 4 players taken (not in that order). That would still leave 2-3 players worth taking at 5, imo. If John and Pete don't agree, there will certainly be a couple QB needy teams who are willing to give up a pretty penny for that pick.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My sense is the right response to the thread question posed is doubtful.

JS historically likes more picks as that gives him more chances to get the right players. Fortunately he has 5 picks in the first two days of the draft so he’s going to be able to acquire some quality talent. I could see him trading down several times this draft to wind up with an unprecedented number of drafted players. However the decision as far as a QB will greatly impact what the team does.

WarHawks

Reaction score
With Carter now possibly off the board, I wonder if that increases the chance we trade down, or trade up?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Damn Carter news is huge for Seattle