Tony Romo disrespects the Seahawks defense

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Don't understand what is wrong with Tony's comments.

Detroits defense today was better than the Seahawks was 13 weeks ago. That's not disrespecting the Seahawks.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Some of you guys are so touchy. Every comment he makes, he is supposed to remember to say "Aside from Seattle..." ??

jacobsod

Reaction score
Meh...don't see much "disrespect" with that comment, but I do hope the D guys are texting it to each other. More fuel to the fire!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A-Dog":2y1shcow said:
In his interview after the game he said Detroit's defense "was the best we've faced this year, by far.".

Seattle D gave up (at home)

30 points
401 yards
23 first downs
239 passing
167 rushing

Detroit D gave up (on road)

24 points
18 fist downs
315 total yards
242 passing
73 rushing

So there you go, stand down on your feigned outrage and continue with your day.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Romo's not entirely wrong. Our defense wasn't that good when they faced Dallas. Kam was playing at 50%, Wagner was out, and our DL hadn't gotten things together yet.

Now? It'll be considerably better.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Week 6 Seahawks VS current Seahawks--> Current Seahawks would blow those fools out. Those were the worst days we had seen in a long long time.

Only team that can beat us is US.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The Seahawks D had a bad game when they played Dallas. 3rd and freakin 20! Tony is probably 100% right. All that matters now is that the Hawks D gets it done if they play Dallas again.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I don't think it is disrespectful since Detroit played very well. Hawks defense was not rolling on all cylinders when they played too.

OP
OP
A

A-Dog

Reaction score
If the Seahawks defense wants to be known as one of best of all time then the rest of the league needs to live in fear of them. Clearly there is still work to do. Tony Romo must be made to pay for his insolence.

Remember when Wes Welker was running his trap prior to the Superbowl about how he was going to be able to get his catches on our defense? He had to be learned - and Kam learned him. The "death stare" told Wes Welker that he should probably think twice before he runs his mouth. Same thing needs to happen to Romo.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kearly":825jpr8j said:
Detroit was awesome on D today, might have had a win if not for the mixed officials (such a brilliant idea in 2005, why not bring it back?).
Here's a thought...

Why not put together the playoffs officiating crews starting in week 15?

Doing so would give those elite crews three weeks in the regular season to work out the kinks of officiating together before the playoffs start... and as a side bonus, those same crews could officiate the last three week's games with the most prominent playoffs implications.

morgulon1

Reaction score
kearly":25bw6wgs said:
Detroit was awesome on D today, might have had a win if not for the mixed officials (such a brilliant idea in 2005, why not bring it back?).

As I read that , I got sick to my stomach.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Despite how bad we played we still had the lead in the 4th quarter with 8 minutes to go. We were one sack away on 3rd and 20 with 5 minutes left from making them PUNT and probably winning that game. We played terrible and still almost beat them

Still pissed about that play on 3rd down. Not only did Romo somehow escape the sack but then he makes an improbable throw way down field on the sideline for an amazingly hard catch

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Honestly Dallas is about the only team beyond Seattle that has a reasonable shot to win in Lambeau anyway so your wish may come true. Personally I can't decide who I'd prefer because I can't get that first Dallas debacle out of my mind.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Much ado about nothing. As others have mentioned, the Detroit defense the Cowboys faced a couple days ago, WAS significantly better than the Seattle defense they faced a few months ago. I don't find anything insulting or disrespectful in Romo's remarks. If anything is going to motivate the Hawks' defense, it's going to be embarrassment at how poorly they did when they faced the Cowboys, not anything Romo said.

Going forward, I don't care who wins between Dallas and Green Bay. I mean, I don't care at all. The result is going to be the same either way.

evergreen

Reaction score
The D was missing Wags and Maxwell. The big 3rd and 21 was against Maxwell's replacement. Don't forget that Irvin almost had Romo for a sack on that play. We make that one play everything's different. Still, we are light years from that now.