Tony Romo disrespects the Seahawks defense

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
What he said is true.

Did you not watch our game vs the cowboys?

Geologic

Reaction score
Wasn't a couple of Seahawks on defense injured that game against the Cowboys? I remember Wagner being out and Kam not being at a 100%

Smellyman

Reaction score
Maxwell/Simon/Lane were all out too I believe. I think Maxwell got hurt during the game and Kam played on one leg during that time.

Whole different D this time around.

253hawk

Reaction score
Well I don't think we sacked Romo 6 times, so he's probably right. Who cares? That was 13 weeks ago.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Geologic":3iv4o7me said:
Wasn't a couple of Seahawks on defense injured that game against the Cowboys? I remember Wagner being out and Kam not being at a 100%
Kam was hurt. Bobby missed basically the second half of the game. Maxwell barely played. No Lane. No Simon.

I mean Burley was our lead tackler. That's about all you need to know about that game.

BASF

Reaction score
A-Dog":118ljd3v said:
Seanhawk":118ljd3v said:
They probably were better than the Hawks D when they played them.
by FAR?

Doubtful, however, when Maxwell went out we had two guys who weren't with us through training camp to go with Sherman. Also, 16 of the Cowboys points came after Wagner's injury. We were not playing with the players we are now. We will be missing Mebane a lot in the playoffs and Pierre-Louis will probably be missed a bit as well. But, our opposition will not be facing the defense that the Cowboys were able to move the ball on. Also, someone brought up a good point in another thread, the crowd did not seem it's usual raucous self. During the playoffs, the crowd will be jacked and pumped.

Rob12

Reaction score
Yeah, if this is the definition of disrespect we have some thin-skinned 12's around here. I love that he said it because I know our guys will know he said it, and they look forward to the possibility of educating him. Other than that, it's harmless. Like others have said, our defense wasn't bringing it in Week 6.

If he gets his team past the Pack, he'll face the most ridiculous D he has ever seen.

chris98251

Reaction score
Let them talk, let them get past GB, once they do all that then a reckoning can happen, the Seahawks are all about balancing the books :)

drdiags

Reaction score
They did have the ball for close to 40 minutes and completed a 3rd and 21 deep in their side of the field.

I am surprised no one has brought up what DeSean Jackson said yesterday on NFLN about the Seahawks WRs but the fans must have been out partying by then.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2k5pvjh4 said:
kearly":2k5pvjh4 said:
Detroit was awesome on D today, might have had a win if not for the mixed officials (such a brilliant idea in 2005, why not bring it back?).

I disagree. Their tackling was terrible (in ways that the LOB's isn't) on too many key plays.

+1. Their tackling in the 2nd half was atrocious!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":xv05wy24 said:
They did have the ball for close to 40 minutes and completed a 3rd and 21 deep in their side of the field.

I am surprised no one has brought up what DeSean Jackson said yesterday on NFLN about the Seahawks WRs but the fans must have been out partying by then.

What did he say?

drdiags

Reaction score
Seanhawk":cwuhf45b said:
drdiags":cwuhf45b said:

What did he say?

He basically said the Panthers would be better off playing the Seahawks because if the Panthers could stop Lynch, the Seahawks WRs Kearse and Baldwin were just too pedestrian (mediocre) to make a difference. I am sure someone must have tweeted his comments to Baldwin yesterday evening when Jackson made the statements. Jackson was pretty hard on Lindley as well, said he wouldn't let him start on his Pop Warner team.

I figure he was just speaking what he thought and had observed from playing them earlier and what he probably heard from the coaches and players during their preparation. He also crowed about getting his against the LOB so he pointed out that Cam and Benjamin could get theirs again, like Benjamin had in the prior meeting.

Just his observation but I would imagine Baldwin didn't appreciate him "keeping it real".

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":j2y5htq0 said:
Seanhawk":j2y5htq0 said:
drdiags":j2y5htq0 said:

What did he say?

He basically said the Panthers would be better off playing the Seahawks because if the Panthers could stop Lynch, the Seahawks WRs Kearse and Baldwin were just too pedestrian (mediocre) to make a difference. I am sure someone must have tweeted his comments to Baldwin yesterday evening when Jackson made the statements. Jackson was pretty hard on Lindley as well, said he wouldn't let him start on his Pop Warner team.

I figure he was just speaking what he thought and had observed from playing them earlier and what he probably heard from the coaches and players during their preparation. He also crowed about getting his against the LOB so he pointed out that Cam and Benjamin could get theirs again, like Benjamin had in the prior meeting.

Just his observation but I would imagine Baldwin didn't appreciate him "keeping it real".
Interesting. Thanks for this Doc.
The wildcard here may well be Paul Richardson. He's been really blossoming lately and he could be the guy that has the big game if they play 8 or 9 in the box to stop Marshawn.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":24dq9vfo said:
Yeah, if this is the definition of disrespect we have some thin-skinned 12's around here. I love that he said it because I know our guys will know he said it, and they look forward to the possibility of educating him. Other than that, it's harmless. Like others have said, our defense wasn't bringing it in Week 6.

If he gets his team past the Pack, he'll face the most ridiculous D he has ever seen.

Agreed. Now Jackson's comments are something that should be on the board next time the Hawks play the Beagles.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Considering the way their OL dominated us at the LOS, and how their WRs owned the LOB, how is he disrespecting our D by saying Detroit is the best they've faced? They made our DL look like Pop Warner and Sherm looked only average against Bryant.

Pak-Man12

Reaction score
drdiags":fpumz9nz said:
He basically said the Panthers would be better off playing the Seahawks because if the Panthers could stop Lynch, the Seahawks WRs Kearse and Baldwin were just too pedestrian (mediocre) to make a difference.

People have been saying this about our receivers for a long time. Really the only proof they have that our receivers are "mediocre" is that they don't get big yardage every game, because we are not a passing team. It's true our receivers aren't superstars, but that doesn't make them harmless. Baldwin, Kearse, and now Richardson are proving they can get the job done when their number is called, even if that doesn't happen often in our offensive scheme. But hey, anything that motivates our players to shut this clown up is always a good thing.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1ty8t8pp said:
Seafan":1ty8t8pp said:
He'll never get to see the Hawks again. Packers will beat the 'boys.
This those BS calls won't happen in Green Bay

I personally wouldn't bet on that. Although it's hard to say who the league would actually prefer to win the Dallas-GB game. Meanwhile the Hawks need to keep their eyes on the prize.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Well...he did beat the Seahawks defense when they last played didn't they? Did the Hawks even have 1 sack on him? Lions had 6.

BASF

Reaction score
Northhawk":slphdcj8 said:
Rob12":slphdcj8 said:

Agreed. Now Jackson's comments are something that should be on the board next time the Hawks play the Beagles.

Why?