Tony Romo disrespects the Seahawks defense

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1htwxlmj said:
Considering the way their OL HELD us at the LOS, and how their WRs owned the Burley, how is he disrespecting our D by saying Detroit is the best they've faced? They made our DL look like Pop Warner and Sherm looked only average against Bryant.

FIFY

Still you're right. They were owned that day

Northhawk

Reaction score
BASF":2ivqp7cd said:
Northhawk":2ivqp7cd said:
Rob12":2ivqp7cd said:
Yeah, if this is the definition of disrespect we have some thin-skinned 12's around here. I love that he said it because I know our guys will know he said it, and they look forward to the possibility of educating him. Other than that, it's harmless. Like others have said, our defense wasn't bringing it in Week 6.

If he gets his team past the Pack, he'll face the most ridiculous D he has ever seen.

Agreed. Now Jackson's comments are something that should be on the board next time the Hawks play the Beagles.

Why?

Maybe because calling someone mediocre is usually a sign of disrespect. Plus, a similar dig last year became a rallying cry for our WR corp.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ZagHawk":ol50bc9v said:
Well...he did beat the Seahawks defense when they last played didn't they? Did the Hawks even have 1 sack on him? Lions had 6.
Wow, somebody's actually not looking at it through homer-vision goggles. You remember correctly, Sir. The 'hawk D had ZERO sacks, and 2 maybe 3 weak-azz pressures the entire game. Romo sat in a clean pocket all day. Dez caught against Sherm at will.

To the people who scoff and talk about Detroits's 'poor tackling' in the second half, the Hawks showed 'poor tackling' the entire game. That usually happens when ur opponent's OL dominates the LOS. None of the guys up front controlled their man aside from maybe one spotty bull rush from Mebane.

I get it. I don't personally like Dallas either, but some you are just making things up about them. Like it or not, they are a serious threat to go all the way.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Dall-ass kicked our asses that day, especially our defense's ass. Would be great to get another "crack" at them, and we won't exactly turn the other cheek.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2s9unh08 said:
ZagHawk":2s9unh08 said:
Well...he did beat the Seahawks defense when they last played didn't they? Did the Hawks even have 1 sack on him? Lions had 6.
Wow, somebody's actually not looking at it through homer-vision goggles. You remember correctly, Sir. The 'hawk D had ZERO sacks, and 2 maybe 3 weak-azz pressures the entire game. Romo sat in a clean pocket all day. Dez caught against Sherm at will.

To the people who scoff and talk about Detroits's 'poor tackling' in the second half, the Hawks showed 'poor tackling' the entire game. That usually happens when ur opponent's OL dominates the LOS. None of the guys up front controlled their man aside from maybe one spotty bull rush from Mebane.

I get it. I don't personally like Dallas either, but some you are just making things up about them. Like it or not, they are a serious threat to go all the way.

let's not get too carried away. Sherm was targeted 6 times and allowed 2 completions.

They started to dominate when Wagner and Maxwell went down.

It was also when RW was struggling as they were trying to figure it out post Harvin.

But yes, they got dominated as a team

tooshort

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers:
Northhawk":j04h034o said:
BASF":j04h034o said:
Northhawk":j04h034o said:
Rob12":j04h034o said:
Yeah, if this is the definition of disrespect we have some thin-skinned 12's around here. I love that he said it because I know our guys will know he said it, and they look forward to the possibility of educating him. Other than that, it's harmless. Like others have said, our defense wasn't bringing it in Week 6.

If he gets his team past the Pack, he'll face the most ridiculous D he has ever seen.

Agreed. Now Jackson's comments are something that should be on the board next time the Hawks play the Beagles.

Why?

Maybe because calling someone mediocre is usually a sign of disrespect. Plus, a similar dig last year became a rallying cry for our WR corp.

Pretty sure the why was due to the beagles reference...unless that's a redskin nickname we're not familiar with.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smellyman":1eh07n9e said:
HawKnPeppa":1eh07n9e said:
ZagHawk":1eh07n9e said:

let's not get too carried away. Sherm was targeted 6 times and allowed 2 completions.

It was also when RW was struggling as they were trying to figure it out post Harvin.

Harvin was still on the team against the cowboys.

Smellyman

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3gybs24m said:
Smellyman":3gybs24m said:
HawKnPeppa":3gybs24m said:
ZagHawk":3gybs24m said:

Harvin was still on the team against the cowboys.

Oops that's right. that was the game he refused to go in.......Might as well not have been there. That was his last game and probably the last straw for that cancer.

That was the height of the disarray.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1y7qkdti said:
ZagHawk":1y7qkdti said:

Settle down tiger. Des had a total f 4 receptions for 63 yards. Only two of those receptions were against Sherman.
There was also pressure against romo that day. Rome barely made it past the first series. There were also a few missed sacks and some blatant holding by the cowboys offensive line.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seanhawk":nyhu4qtf said:
They probably were better than the Hawks D when they played them.

Yea, I'd agree with that. It's why I would've rather faced Dallas or the Panthers than Detroit. For some reason, they just made me nervous. Then I watched the game tonight and the Lions were the same old Lions. When the game got tight, they choked it away (yea they got robbed but they didn't recover from it).

From a QB's perspective, having an easier time running the ball would make it a lot easier to play QB. Dallas ran the ball way better on us than they did Detroit. They also are walking into a buzzsaw if they make it up here for the NFCCG.

It still shouldn't stop the Defense from pinning this up on the bulletin board. This is the kind of "disrespect" that they thrive off of.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can survive the Packers I would love to see us play them again. That line is good because of the holding that they are getting away with. I'm not worried about them.

Kam was playing injured in that game. On the first TD for Cowboys, you can see Kam struggling to even run his top speed to get to Escobar. It would of been batted down or an interception if Kam was able to get there normally.

We also started Stephen Schilling at Center, he did ok, but he also let alot of guys go right through him.

The offensive line was getting penalize like crazy.

2nd TD for Witten, Avril wasn't able to get to Romo as he's being held and he was grabbed by the facemask, no call.

Marshawn got 10 carries, we abandon the run completely once we got to the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Bryan Walters was getting some targets his way, enough said.

We lost Maxwell and Wagner in this game, and that led to guys running wild on us. Also crazy miss tackles too looks like we were trying to go for the big fumble play or something rather then just tackling the guy.

Also huge drop by Kearse and Willson (there also appears to be the defender put his hands on his facemask)

Bennett was held very badly right in front of the ref on that 3rd and 20 scrambling play by Romo to Williams

On the Murray TD, Bruce was held right in front of the sideline refs, no call

There should of been a Defensive holding on Church when he had Willson and Defensive PI on the throw to Kearse, even the announcer mention it, but no calls. This was all in the 4th and 6th play in the 4th Quarter.

All this and we were only down by 7 points. Yeah they did dominate us but we also can't ignore that there were favorable calls that went their way that would of kept our drive alive.

I want the rematch cause since the Russell Wilson era teams have never been able to beat the Seahawks twice in a season. First we take care of business against the Panthers. Ok I'm done ranting :D

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Smellyman":2jcwiz98 said:
HawKnPeppa":2jcwiz98 said:
ZagHawk":2jcwiz98 said:

Percy we still there. He didn't want to go in for the last possession

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
C'mon, can't the guy pay the Lions a compliment without it being taken as some massive slight against our team?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't think it was a slight. I do think our guys may use it as such however, and I was glad he said it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":g42l3ah4 said:
HawKnPeppa":g42l3ah4 said:
Considering the way their OL HELD us at the LOS, and how their WRs owned the Burley, how is he disrespecting our D by saying Detroit is the best they've faced? They made our DL look like Pop Warner and Sherm looked only average against Bryant.

FIFY

Still you're right. They were owned that day

Yeah, there was holding throughout, but I guess it either wasn't blatant enough for the ref's to call, or somebody's looking the other way for 'America's and God's team?' Seriously though, I see a lot of similarities with the 49er OL at its peak. Really slick with their holds, and you don't often see the super-obvious tackling/pushing from behind or stretching a jersey with one hand after getting beaten like a drum. Rather they are 'in-position' holds, if you will.

I have high hopes about the 'that day' aspect with Bobby and Kam back. Still sweating Jordan Hill because we need the best chance of bring pressure with the front four.

Don't know how many other people noticed, but Detroit's pass rush became much less effective in the second half, as did their run defense. Still, it looked like Dallas wouldn't have had much of a problem moving the ball with Murray, early in the game, had they not fell behind by two scores so quickly. This against the league's #1 rush defense. I have a nagging feeling that Bobby's foot injury against Dallas was because he pressed to compensate for our DL getting manhandled. The boys up front need to step it up their game if Dallas makes it to quest. Mebane was the only guy getting any kind of push, and wasn't inconsistent. The rest of the DL was consistently swallowed or skillfully held :x It wasn't pretty to watch, and doesn't look any better the more I watch it.

Just hoping the post KC-Hawks are all that and a bag of chips against these modern-day Hogs. No other OL can present that matchup.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1u5p3jab said:
HawKnPeppa":1u5p3jab said:
ZagHawk":1u5p3jab said:

Settle down tiger. Des had a total f 4 receptions for 63 yards. Only two of those receptions were against Sherman.
There was also pressure against romo that day. Rome barely made it past the first series. There were also a few missed sacks and some blatant holding by the cowboys offensive line.

... once that first series was over, any semblance of pressure faded away to nearly non-existent. We'll see what happens with most of the A-team back.

AVL

Reaction score
Far better to give respect than seek it.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
Also bevell was still in the let's please percy offense and barely ran beastmode in m that game . Dallas seahawked the Seahawks, by running the ball, keeping our offense off the field that prevented us from getting into sync and kept our defense on the field and tired us out with a depleted secondary. We got to do that first of they get by the packers 1st.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
A-Dog":38c07di1 said:
Seanhawk":38c07di1 said:
They probably were better than the Hawks D when they played them.
by FAR?

Things on Tony Romo's mind after beating Detroit in a playoff game:

Detroits defense
Jerry Jones
his wife
Chicken and waffles
Jerry Jones
the Green Bay Packers

Jerry Jones

any other NFL team

Northhawk

Reaction score
Why?[/quote]

Maybe because calling someone mediocre is usually a sign of disrespect. Plus, a similar dig last year became a rallying cry for our WR corp.[/quote]

Pretty sure the why was due to the beagles reference...unless that's a redskin nickname we're not familiar with.[/quote]

Right, my bad. Redskins.