Today I Feel...

Today I Feel...

• Sad. Losing sucks, I forgot how it feels.

Votes: 28 19.6%
  • Mad. I HATE the whiners!!!

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • Glad. Glad to be 11-2 with everything still in sight.

Votes: 59 41.3%
  • Other (please read my comments).

Votes: 26 18.2%

• Total voters

Nearpost

Reaction score
Before the game I saw the upside of a defeat. Any hint of complacency would be removed. A taste of what a loss in January will feel like, and so foul was the taste it'll be fresh in the teams mouth come playoff time, and obviously provide greater motivation to win.

I didn't know that penalties, a problem area all season, would bring us down yesterday. I think the fact that penalties did cost us the game though, will mean the likelihood of it happening again in January is reduced.

I'm a bit of a Johny come lately, bandwagoner. A Chargers exile from California these last seven years. So while no fan of the 49'ers, I don't feel as sick as many of you diehard Hawk fans do.

This is the least depressed I have felt after a defeat. I feel like it was like a slap in the face a boxer gets from the trainer going into the final round.

Go Hawks!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seabowl":1qbc1y7e said:
I'd put money on it that those who are glad today are longtime suffering Hawk fans like myself.

Sounds about right.

I don't think Hawks fans have anything to feel sad, mad, or bad about. The Hawks are still the best team in the NFL. In turn, close games like this are coin flip games. In close coin flip games the Hawks have been really good this year, and that they didn't pull it out against another good team while on the road doesn't really matter that much at all. Nobody wins every coin flip. It ain't a biggie, and the Hawks are still great.

As a 9ers fan I'm glad for three reasons:

1) I was expecting a loss and got a win, which is always great.
2) the 9ers have a bit more breathing room in the WC race than I thought they would, meaning they can afford to lose one of these next three (and fluke losses always, always happen).
3) I post here and like it here, and I'm glad to see that 2/3rds of the board are taking the loss in stride, and not making excuses, blaming refs or other people or denying their opponent credit for losing a close game on the road. That ratio for an emotionally charged game like this is pretty rare for any fan board, and it reaffirms for me why I like this place, and why I really sincerely respect so many of the posters here and value their knowledge/opinions despite differences in our fandom.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I feel, blah about it. Mildly bummed, but not mad. It was a close game. I think I'm more mad that the Hawks made dumb mistakes against a team that you can't afford to do that against.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It is what it is. Tough game after a short week on the road against a good team. The game could have gone either way. Both teams had roughly equal success at moving the ball. A call or play here or there would have changed the outcome, but such is life. Of course, a win would have been preferable, but a lot to feel good about if you're a Hawk fan. Vegas marked this as a loss for Seattle, and we hit the spread almost exactly. So, it's hard to say they "didn't show up" or underperformed. We played as expected, and if we continue to do that, Vegas thinks we're winning the Super Bowl.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey Popeye, we appreciate that, well at least I do. And yeah, it was a coin flip game and I think most level headed fans here thought it would be an ugly game and man it was hard to watch for either teams fans.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RockHawk":1jqsk0vh said:
Frustrated by the horrible choices you gave for the survey. :)

My real answer would be Annoyed, but fine. Would love to have seen us keep rolling, but as long as we get back to our ass-whoopin ways this weekend, it won't matter a bit.

This. But I'm annoyed because you can see Harbaugh and Kaepernick smiling and laughing on the sidelines when they win, vs. them being punk asses and poor sports when they lose. Personally, I like seeing them pout and whine.

I'm also just a tiny bit more nervous. Now we have to go 2/3 to end the season to get HFA with no help, Wright is out and who knows with Unger (although our backup is good). Wright was playing out of his mind...that could affect us.

gargantual

Reaction score
Disappointed is the word that works best for me. I REALLY wanted to clinch the division in their house.

Well, let's list the bright-side items:

1. At least I didn't have to watch the game with my wife's whiner friends.

2. I'd rather lose this one than lose one of the last two and end our home win streak.

3. We are still on top of the NFC record-wise, and hold our destiny in our own hands.

4. Ummm....there has to be more...who has some more?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
On an intellectual level, I am fine. I know that in the long run this loss may actually help focus the team down the stretch. I know that the Whiners have a very, very good defense. I know that losing to them at the Stick by 2 points coming off a huge Monday night win on a short week is no embarrassment.

However, in my heart I am VERY mad. I hate this team, hate their douchebag coach, hate their wanna be gangster QB and hate their douchebag fans. To celebrate an NFCW championship on their field would've been heart warming.

Can I vote for 2 different answers?

dunceface

Reaction score
more bummed about my fantasy losses than the Hawks loss...
11-2 and everything still in sight

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v455ip7c said:
Glad. If you would have asked me before the season started if I'd take 11-2 and a two game lead on any team for HFA and holding just about every tie breaker......I'd jump on that faster than Rosie O'Donnell on a Big Mac.

^This.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Indifferent about the game, pissed off that KJ is out for the foreseeable future. We just need to take care of business in NY like we're supposed too. I can't imagine what this board will be like if we were to lose next week :pukeface:

Veilside

Reaction score
gargantual":1ti7emhm said:
Disappointed is the word that works best for me. I REALLY wanted to clinch the division in their house.

2. I'd rather lose this one than lose one of the last two and end our home win streak.

3. We are still on top of the NFC record-wise, and hold our destiny in our own hands.

Having Russ outplay Kaepernick in SF is always a plus.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The loss should serve as a reminder to the squad. Hard to win with a bunch of stupid penalties.
Refs are refs, human refs at that. Sometimes they do their job well, and sometimes they make mistakes.
Play a clean, disciplined game and you take the refs out of the equation. The Seattle Seahawks have the talent, skills and athletic ability to beat ANY team in the NFL.
Play smart, take control of the things that can be controlled.
In the grand scheme of things this loss didn't hurt us. I didn't like it one bit, but we are ok.
GoHawks.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Reality has returned. We are still the best team out there, and the path to the Super Blow comes thru Seattle.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Veilside":10ma88gu said:
gargantual":10ma88gu said:

Having Russ outplay Kaepernick in SF is always a plus.

if we'd won yesterday, and win as we expect too against the giants, that means we'd have about a month off before the seahawks played a meaningful game.

Losing is never 'good' but if you want more silver lining there you have it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Other

I'm fine, after the loss I had already moved on.

I'm getting really good at this letting it go thing lol.

Latest posts