To all you that thought Boldin

mretrade

Reaction score
Its funny how many Seahawk fans were calling him old, slow, and washed up. Guy can flat out ball and I bet he out produces all the other NFC West receivers. Only competition will be Fitzgerald.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
mretrade":35fhn3vv said:
Its funny how many Seahawk fans were calling him old, slow, and washed up. Guy can flat out ball and I bet he out produces all the other NFC West receivers. Only competition will be Fitzgerald.
Think that Boldin's stats this week will be hard to duplicate. In addition, the Packers' D ran a lot of zone, which allowed Boldin to use his experience and savviness to find wholes in the D. Teams like the Seahawks will play man to man and I doubt Boldin will have as much success.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sorry to let the 49ers fans down, but other defenses will not be purposely ignoring him on the field and allowing a 3-yard buffer for every reception he makes.

Boldin is not a fast guy, it sickened me how often he had no defenders near him. Dom Capers is the most overrated employee of any kind in all of the NFL.

sutz

Reaction score
1. Yeah, Boldin is a still a good player.

2. SFW? Sherm eats 'good' WRs for breakfast. So does Browner-if he plays. And Thurmond is no slouch. Oh, we also have a couple of good safeties. And our backups can ball, too. 2-3 of our backups could probably start for half the league (Maragos comes to mind, and Maxwell and Lane).

Bottom line: Matchup SF WR corps vs Seahawks secondary=advantage Hawks.

mretrade

Reaction score
Who cares if the Hawks corners stop us. Its 2 games out of a 16 game season. The 49ers proved last year that the Seahawks can blast them in the regular season while they can come away playing in the more meaningful games at the end of the season. You can have your regular season superbowl, as long as we play in the real thing.

How we do against the Seahawks is not a benchmark and doesn't mean anything on how they will perform against the rest of the league.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Confident that the LoB can minimize the impact of Boldin. Might make some nice catches for a 3rd down conversion here and there but he's not going to be ignored like he was by Green Bay.

I'm more concerned about Vernon Davis. SF lost two weapons fairly early on in our last match up (LoB were like Sharks circling a wounded seal). Also concerned not having Clemons and Irvin available for this particular game. Clem won't bite and give up the edge on that read option like Schofield did when it was run by Newton on that weak side and Irvin's got the speed to run Kaepernick down if he tries to scramble.

Just hope our guys can hold up in the trenches because I think we're fine in every other aspect of the game.

mretrade

Reaction score
This game @SEA is more important for Seattle than for SF, by far.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Boldin wasn't ignored by Green Bay. He just beat his opponents, particularly in getting to the ball and off the line. Several times he was covered well and still got the ball.

The difference next week is that Seattle has corners and safeties who are good at making plays on the ball.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
mretrade":34v7hbfw said:

Having no idea where we will be at the end of the year, not sure how any self respecting NFL fan can day this.

mretrade

Reaction score
Because it is in Seattle, duh and we are the defending NFC Champs. This is a game any non homer 49er fan expects to lose. If the 49ers win this, they could very well get the sweep over the Hawks this year. Clink is the hardest place to play in the NFL. I feel like the 49ers are playing with house money in this game. A game no one expects them to win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":rj8htyzb said:
Boldin wasn't ignored by Green Bay.

Total bull. Yes, he was; and yes, I watched the entire game. They didn't cover him for garbage. Again, Boldin has made a career out of making catches in traffic because he's not fast enough to get any sort of regular separation. If you based his speed on how many times he got open yesterday, you'd have to clock him at about a 4.20 40 speed.

mretrade

Reaction score
All the talk about Kaepernick sucks and the 49ers have no receivers reminds me of when everyone here said Alex Smith's season 2 years ago was a fluke only to have him come back the next year even better.

No matter what, the majority of here will always think doomsday scenario for the 49ers. Someday they will be right and say they told you. But it could be 1-10+ seasons from now.

Where is the guy that said the 49ers could start 0-3 and Harbaugh would lose the team? LOL.

Barakas

Reaction score
mretrade":txviplqt said:

Yeah, because it's not like one game can make a difference between the #2 seed and the #5 seed...errr....wait....

nevermind.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
mretrade":20aobjz1 said:

Dumbest post ever, every game is important, any member of the Niners would call you a moron for even suggesting it isn't important to them. After all you guys won the division by .5 wins last year. This game is very important to them, count on it, if they lose, they will lose giving it everything they have, no god damn excuses.

mretrade

Reaction score
You guys don't understand English. More important compared to not important is too different things.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
mretrade":h1xfa0t9 said:
You guys don't understand English. More important compared to not important is too different things.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Irony.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
mretrade":21o9865w said:

The main point I am making is, I hate the excuse, it isn't even true, I think the Niners want to win next week just as much as Seattle.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Both home games are more important to the home team. A loss at home is a home you normally count as a win. Next game will be equally important and potentially way more important for the Niners. If we win Sunday and the division is close like it is now, a sweep could mean the tie breaker. So right now we at least have the advantage that if we lose we still have the rest of the season to make up for it but at the end of the year that won't be the case.