To all you Chicken Littles out there - remember...

907Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":22hyjrfj said:
It's the Seahawks way these days. Success has come too readily for some. Now the bar has been set to an almost impossible standard.

There has to be someone to blame for every setback, there has to be an inquest every time a unit doesn't play lights out.

Simple fact is the Seahawks are in control of the NFC West, are right in the mix for the #1 seed in the NFC and they're in the middle of a golden age for this franchise that should be enjoyed not endured because it won't last forever.

This guy said it "golden age" most of the rest is just noise.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3f4d86tq said:
As I say once every year in one of these threads, a forum board is meant for critical discussion about the team. That's what it's for, discussion.

This is the go-to defense these days for overtly negative comments about this Seahawks dynasty.

Not saying this is what you said personally, but this is generally the gist...

"I'm never satisfied and have unreal expectations but I'm on the internet so it's cool"

OkieHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":26s5ih2q said:
NFSeahawks628":26s5ih2q said:
As I say once every year in one of these threads, a forum board is meant for critical discussion about the team. That's what it's for, discussion.

This is the go-to defense these days for overtly negative comments about this Seahawks dynasty.

Not saying this is what you said personally, but this is generally the gist...

"I'm never satisfied and have unreal expectations but I'm on the internet so it's cool"

I blame social media, mainly Twitter. People who use these to get the latest "football" news and information are impatient. This in turn leads to people wanting immediate change for their team, which is unrealistic.

With that said though, it is the internet, and this IS a football discussion board for the Seahawks, and if you don't like certain topics then you don't have to respond. Weird how that works.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3omhzltn said:
It's the Seahawks way these days. Success has come too readily for some. Now the bar has been set to an almost impossible standard.

There has to be someone to blame for every setback, there has to be an inquest every time a unit doesn't play lights out.

Simple fact is the Seahawks are in control of the NFC West, are right in the mix for the #1 seed in the NFC and they're in the middle of a golden age for this franchise that should be enjoyed not endured because it won't last forever.

Totally great post!

Succinct, and correct, many here do not appreciate how good things are for them as fans of this team. We could be fans of the Panthers or the Jaguars, or the Bears, and have the annoying swirling sound in our ears as the season is flushed away. We need to be less critical and more appreciative. Are things perfect? Of course not, but this team has a huge collective heart and struggles mightily to refuse to lose. I'm not a big fan of Bevell but I appreciate his O when it works, and that hasn't been as consistently as we'd all like this season. Russell getting healthy will make a huge difference.

AZ had a great game plan against them and our team still didn't get beaten by it. Actually if anything the team just missed stealing a W on the road against our most significant rival and still came away from Glendale with points. AZ stuffed the O and our D smothered theirs, it was interesting to watch, and frustrating beyond belief as well. Two good Ds doing their thing. Two place kickers having awful days.

This management team is simply doing it better than ever before. Are there areas of the team that could be better? Absolutely! However, the FO coaches and players are all working at it. If any of us us don't think the FO doesn't appreciate the OLine could be improved they'd be dead wrong. Throwing money at the problem doesn't fit the parameters of this team but a slow incremental approach to solving positional deficiencies is how it gets done. Last season the whole OLine was awful, this year the interior is significantly stronger, but both OTs could be improved. It will get fixed.

To me it appeared as if Hauschka needed different cleats as his plant foot skidded on the prior low trajectory FG and sometimes kickers just get the "yips". Maybe that was in his head, maybe he just was trying too hard and his timing was off. Stuff happens! He has been very dependable here and that miss will eat at him to be more consistent.

Some here need to enjoy this team, it's truly special.

Tical21

Reaction score
This positivity training 12s crap is annoying as hell. Much rather be surrounded by curmudgeons.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hi OP,

I see you joined in 2015. FWIW this is how a lot of people act around here for some reason. Hell.....the majority of them hated Wilson his rookie year and thought Flynn should be the QB. I just ignore their noise.

RCATES

Reaction score
People aren't being negative but just realist. Admit it we should be 4-2 right now with a terrible showing on all levels from our offense. I'm sure those of you holding on to the positive would have a totally different tune if we would have actually lost that game on Sunday. We got outplayed no doubt about it. We were extremely lucky to end up tied.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":3qegi3y6 said:
Geologic":3qegi3y6 said:
People like you remind me of the husky fans who praised coach Sark and hated people who were negative about him.

It's okay to be negative about coaches, I'd rather not be a blind follower thanks.

Who is being a "blind follower"?!?!? I've never suggested that a fan can't have critical thoughts about their team. However I think too many people out there just don't know when to shut their pie-hole because they have no idea how destructive their negativity really is.

Negativity is cancerous - its contagious and is very difficult to get rid of once its caught, and its something that too many fans, players, media etc. bring which can which can pull down an entire city. Its the attitude of losers. Its the attitude of people who don't consider and temper their criticisms in reality and a sense of proportion.

Negativity will make losing a self-fulfilling prophecy - and so many losers never even recognize this, particularly when they start running players and coaches out of town when the alternative can be oh so much worse. And in my experience the most negative people I know generally are people who have never achieved much themselves in a competitive team environment.

WOW, never knew words on a forum could run coaches and players out of here or could affect the season in any way.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RCATES":1brx7iev said:
People aren't being negative but just realist. Admit it we should be 4-2 right now with a terrible showing on all levels from our offense. I'm sure those of you holding on to the positive would have a totally different tune if we would have actually lost that game on Sunday. We got outplayed no doubt about it. We were extremely lucky to end up tied.

And we'd be 4-2, still leading the NFC West and one game behind Dallas and Minnesota for the #1 seed, having just watched the team lay everything out for a win in what many considered to be a 'must win' for Arizona.

My tune would've been exactly the same. Bring on the Saints.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I guess OP is right. Unfettered negativity caused Wilson to throw the ball out of bounds on the last play of the game.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2t2aa6nh said:
I guess OP is right. Unfettered negativity caused Wilson to throw the ball out of bounds on the last play of the game.

lol stop.