To all you Chicken Littles out there - remember...

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
...remember that negativity is a cancer. And once its caught it spreads and can be nearly impossible to get rid of it.

We are 4-1-1 right now. Its pretty rare that teams in the NFL go perfect for the season (pretty sure it's only happened once). Players have bad days. Coaches have bad days. And sometimes - your opponent plays well enough to make your team play poorly too. It happens.

And guess what - bad teams find a way to lose games that they should win. But good teams - great teams - find ways to salvage games even when they play so badly they have no business getting anything out of it.

Our defense played lights out as did Arizona's. If our kicker makes the kick he' perfect for the season and only has two misses over two seasons. Guess what...even the best kickers miss em once in a while. And you know what - the Seahawks still didn't lose this game. I bet Minnesota Vikings fans were throwing their beer cans at the TV after watching this game tonite.

Get over it guys. Hauschka is one of the best - quit calling for his head. Our team is struggling with the O-line and some injuries (ie. Wilson)...it will get better.

If the fans start calling for people's heads just remember to be careful what you wish for. I sometimes wonder how many of our current Seahawks fans are new bandwagon fans over the past 5 years who are being so negative right now, because I can tell you 100% for certain that if you think that things are going badly right now, then you clearly weren't around rooting for the Seahawks pre 2010 then because believe me - you have no clue what bad can really be like.

Negativity is cancerous and its contagious. Keep that poo out of here.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
As I say once every year in one of these threads, a forum board is meant for critical discussion about the team. That's what it's for, discussion.

Hauschka is fine he's missed 2 kicks this year it happens. He's also made about 95% of game winning kicks in Seattle over his career so I think I'll let it go. The person saying he needs to be replaced is just sharing frustrating from the game I'm sure. Other parts of the team have been an issue for many years, though and more critical evaluation is needed.

RussB

Reaction score
Im not negative, im just critical of the obismal offense today. As anyone should be.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This from an old timer that's been here since the conception of all that is Seahawks....Bullpucky....Games that are badly officiated are NOT okay........Bettis Bowl was NOT acceptable....Referees should be given no quarters for mucking up the process....THEY alone framed the outcome of this game.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Wilson isn't nearly 100%, golden boy Rawls is still out with injury and to top it off we played a really good defense.

I'll overreact if the offense lays another turd against the Saints (worst D we'll face all year) but for now there's nothing really to worry about at 4-1-1 with the number 2 in the division having 2 more losses.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hauschka is still money. I'm not mad. He should have never been put in that situation to begin with.

I do think we need to try and limit his attempts in Arizona, though. It's kind of his kryptonite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The test is going to be next week.

Teams that come off 2 OTs especially needing to TRAVEL the day after and then travel to the next game? Tend to lose.

Sherman was so done after the game in the locker room he needed help walking.

This game is going to cost us, probably with another L. Almost assuredly another L if the offense does not pull their heads out of the *sses.

The good news is that defense is spent, but the offense didn't play today. So they should be fresh as Downy dryer sheets - we need to go into this next game EXPECTING our defense to play subpar and EXPECTING to need to score 24 or more points.

Whether or not our idiot OC can score 24 points without the defense giving him short fields ? That will be up to them.

But just looking at the #s now, our next game is a loss if you just look at what the data says. High scoring opponent against a spent defense at 10am while going up against a team with an offense the equivalent of the Bears or Browns? (That is us, we are the team with the offense just as laughable as the Browns or Bears, honestly the Browns are likely better at offense right now, which is sad.)

So letting this one go to a tie means losing 1.5 games in the standings for HFA against the other top teams - not just .5. Because we used up our defense and our offense isn't worth sh*t.

Not saying the sky is falling but it sure isn't sunny out either. Looks pretty cloudy unless Bevel suffers a brain aneurysm or something similar that gets him off the team.

Rob12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15yii98j said:
The test is going to be next week.

Teams that come off 2 OTs especially needing to TRAVEL the day after and then travel to the next game? Tend to lose.

Sherman was so done after the game in the locker room he needed help walking.

This game is going to cost us, probably with another L. Almost assuredly another L if the offense does not pull their heads out of the *sses.

The good news is that defense is spent, but the offense didn't play today. So they should be fresh as Downy dryer sheets - we need to go into this next game EXPECTING our defense to play subpar and EXPECTING to need to score 24 or more points.

Whether or not our idiot OC can score 24 points without the defense giving him short fields ? That will be up to them.

But just looking at the #s now, our next game is a loss if you just look at what the data says. High scoring opponent against a spent defense at 10am while going up against a team with an offense the equivalent of the Bears or Browns? (That is us, we are the team with the offense just as laughable as the Browns or Bears, honestly the Browns are likely better at offense right now, which is sad.)

So letting this one go to a tie means losing 1.5 games in the standings for HFA against the other top teams - not just .5. Because we used up our defense and our offense isn't worth sh*t.

Not saying the sky is falling but it sure isn't sunny out either. Looks pretty cloudy unless Bevel suffers a brain aneurysm or something similar that gets him off the team.

I've been with what you've said tonight mostly, but this? This I can't buy.

You can't think conventionally with this team. Throw the "data" out the window.

Data says no team has gone five seasons without losing a game by double digits... Until the Pete Carroll Seahawks.

Data says that no team in the modern, pro offense NFL should lead the league in scoring defense four straight years... Until the Pete Carroll Seahawks.

Data says a lot of things but it's not always right.

This team, these coaches - are not conventional.

You're overthinking things. We're beating the brakes off the Saints next week.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hope you are right.

But the data and the statistics say otherwise.

They say we can pretty much expect a loss.

And the damage we did to our defense says the same thing.

Unless the offense can somehow win a game for us when the defense has a bad game? But we both know that is unlikely because that would require good playcalling.

Let us hope you are right. I am expecting a loss given the circumstances.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
If the only way for you to have a positive outlook for this team is if Bevell suffers a debilitating and life threating medical emergency then I would suggest you don't follow this team any longer. We get it, you don't like him and know more than him but this is over the line.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Kids these days man...Don't appreciate the beautiful team we have been blessed with as of late...Now i was born in 86, So my earliest memories of Seahawk football started in good ol 1992...So yeah lol...APPRECIATION is the word of the day my friends.

Threedee

Reaction score
I don't think our guys are suffering from negativity, at least, otherwise Sherman wouldn't have been all-out on that last Catanzaro kick.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I more concerned about the missed blocking assignments and the refusal to adjust play calling.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We'll be OK. Our division rivals know how to play us. We took Arizona's best shot on the road and still didn't lose. It's going to be OK.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's the Seahawks way these days. Success has come too readily for some. Now the bar has been set to an almost impossible standard.

There has to be someone to blame for every setback, there has to be an inquest every time a unit doesn't play lights out.

Simple fact is the Seahawks are in control of the NFC West, are right in the mix for the #1 seed in the NFC and they're in the middle of a golden age for this franchise that should be enjoyed not endured because it won't last forever.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":zj6767ht said:
Hauschka is still money. I'm not mad. He should have never been put in that situation to begin with.

I do think we need to try and limit his attempts in Arizona, though. It's kind of his kryptonite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never should have been put in the position to make a game winning chip shot? He's a kicker. What situations should he be put in?

Geologic

Reaction score
People like you remind me of the husky fans who praised coach Sark and hated people who were negative about him.

It's okay to be negative about coaches, I'd rather not be a blind follower thanks.

OP
OP
V

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Geologic":3e0o06v1 said:
People like you remind me of the husky fans who praised coach Sark and hated people who were negative about him.

It's okay to be negative about coaches, I'd rather not be a blind follower thanks.

Who is being a "blind follower"?!?!? I've never suggested that a fan can't have critical thoughts about their team. However I think too many people out there just don't know when to shut their pie-hole because they have no idea how destructive their negativity really is.

Negativity is cancerous - its contagious and is very difficult to get rid of once its caught, and its something that too many fans, players, media etc. bring which can which can pull down an entire city. Its the attitude of losers. Its the attitude of people who don't consider and temper their criticisms in reality and a sense of proportion.

Negativity will make losing a self-fulfilling prophecy - and so many losers never even recognize this, particularly when they start running players and coaches out of town when the alternative can be oh so much worse. And in my experience the most negative people I know generally are people who have never achieved much themselves in a competitive team environment.

Hawks46

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":156vxo7w said:
I hope you are right.

But the data and the statistics say otherwise.

They say we can pretty much expect a loss.

And the damage we did to our defense says the same thing.

Unless the offense can somehow win a game for us when the defense has a bad game? But we both know that is unlikely because that would require good playcalling.

Let us hope you are right. I am expecting a loss given the circumstances.

I think you're over thinking it just a little bit. I'd agree that the defense shouldn't be expected to play as dominant as normal. There will be a hangover effect.

That said, I don't think the offense has to score 24 points to win. What we do need to do is control the TOP and take care of the defense a little bit. If we can run the ball and control the clock, we keep the Saints offense off the field and give our defense a breather.

We can score 17 points and win if that happens.