This place is toxic

knownone

Reaction score
No, it's the delusional approach when we have nearly a decade of regression. Instead of living in reality, you want to live in Pete's fantasy land. The real world responds to results, not 'feel good' vibes.

All you're doing is lying to yourself so you don't have to face reality. That's fine, more power to you, but don't freak out when other people prefer not to lie to themselves
This is an excellent example of the gatekeeping I'm referring to.

You've set the standard for what it means to "face reality," which excludes more positive viewpoints of the situation. At the same time, you attack other views with a slew of ad hominems. My side is living in reality. The other side lies to themselves and lives in fantasy land.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Boo-friggin-Hoo. THIS is why East Coast fans hate West Coast fans. We're soft. Feelings get hurt.

That's a fact. I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. Moved to New York, New York when I was 19. Talk about a culture shock. We ARE considered soft, universally over there. Hell, even just to order a sub I was yelled at for not speaking up, LOL!

By the time I moved back home I definitely had a thicker skin.

LTH

Reaction score
Actually, by definition, you are delusional by claiming they are not regressing based off one good offensive performance in weeks, when we have a sample size of nearly a decade showing regression, inability to adapt to what other teams are doing, and inability to win a playoff game against even lower tier playoff teams. Saying there's no shame in losing 4 out of 5 games is deluding yourself. Getting exited about losing the Cowboys game because they did better in the RedZone and 3rd down while going 4 and out on the game winning drive and showing they don't know how to fix the defense is delusional.
I don't hate the team I claim to love...I want them to win.

By hating a team you claim to love what are you actually accomplishing? You are saving your self disappointment and then when they win a big game you jump back on the band wagon after trashing them? You are not a true fan.

It's like having a really beautiful girl friend and you treat her like crap because your afraid she is going to cheat on you. Good luck with that buddy! Lol

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don't hate the team I claim to love...I want them to win.

By hating a team you claim to love what are you actually accomplishing? You are saving your self disappointment and then when they win a big game you jump back on the band wagon after trashing them? You are not a true fan.

It's like having a really beautiful girl friend and you treat her like crap because your afraid she is going to cheat on you. Good luck with that buddy! Lol

LTH

Here's where the communication line gets broken. Why do you propose that @cymatica hates the team? I'm sure he doesn't hate the Seattle Seahawks or why even be a member on this site? He like myself have been conditioned by years of the same patterns that this team and organization have fallen into. That's all. After so long of the same thing, it's difficult to expect, wish, or hope for different results. Some people hang on to positivity longer than others. Even if they win a big game at this point, its more of a surprise or shock than jumping on the bandwagon and it sure doesn't feel sustainable.

The beautiful girl comment was good. Problem is Seattle is the girl next door and not the beautiful girl.

LTH

Reaction score
Here's where the communication line gets broken. Why do you propose that @cymatica hates the team? I'm sure he doesn't hate the Seattle Seahawks or why even be a member on this site? He like myself have been conditioned by years of the same patterns that this team and organization have fallen into. That's all. After so long of the same thing, it's difficult to expect, wish, or hope for different results. Some people hang on to positivity longer than others. Even if they win a big game at this point, its more of a surprise or shock than jumping on the bandwagon and it sure doesn't feel sustainable.

The beautiful girl comment was good. Problem is Seattle is the girl next door and not the beautiful girl.
The Hawks are in the second year of a rebuild... it's not MULTIPLE years of regression.

 LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Here's where the communication line gets broken. Why do you propose that @cymatica hates the team? I'm sure he doesn't hate the Seattle Seahawks or why even be a member on this site?
The way some people on this site and other sites talk about the Seahawks is Hatefull to the point where people just don't want to be part of it, as in the case of mOngO. That's where I get it from.

LTH

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not that toxic. PMedic graciously donated this awesome prize for the rookie contest that I won.

View attachment 62274
That is so cool!

We've had some fun in this thread and I wonder if Mongo was just trying to troll everyone but man I think this is a great community. Sure emotions get high sometimes but stuff like this is what makes it different than anywhere else.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to take it much more personally if I felt a fellow fan was more negative than me. Now I just don't care anymore. Fans are gonna fan however they wish to fan.

It doesn't impact my life in any way.

Well, almost. Sifting through negative post after negative post isn't fun but even that is a choice.

LTH

Reaction score
The beautiful girl comment was good. Problem is Seattle is the girl next door and not the beautiful gigirl.
Google a pic of Stacy Rost when she was in high school and then look at her now. I rest my case.

Lth

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Google a pic of Stacy Rost when she was in high school and then look at her now. I rest my case.

Lth

Whoa! Wow, good example.

I saw her in person pre-game last year in the event center. Pitter patter my heart!

Reactions: LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The Hawks are in the second year of a rebuild... it's not MULTIPLE years of regression.

 LTH

All things aside and a serious question for you. Where do you see this rebuild going? How will it end up and when. It's a question not just for you, but for everybody. I'm curious.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The way some people on this site and other sites talk about the Seahawks is Hatefull to the point where people just don't want to be part of it, as in the case of mOngO. That's where I get it from.

LTH

That's just because a lot of people are tired of the same old thing that never seems to change. That's all.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Lth

Pretty girl. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but pretty indeed.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
That's a fact. I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. Moved to New York, New York when I was 19. Talk about a culture shock. We ARE considered soft, universally over there. Hell, even just to order a sub I was yelled at for not speaking up, LOL!

By the time I moved back home I definitely had a thicker skin.
lol, this reminds me of the Seinfeld, soup nazi episode…

Speak up, don’t give bad energy, don’t make eye contact, and don’t ask for anything more! Lol.

LTH

Reaction score
All things aside and a serious question for you. Where do you see this rebuild going? How will it end up and when. It's a question not just for you, but for everybody. I'm curious.
I have no idea where it's going...

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No, it's the delusional approach when we have nearly a decade of regression. Instead of living in reality, you want to live in Pete's fantasy land. The real world responds to results, not 'feel good' vibes.

All you're doing is lying to yourself so you don't have to face reality. That's fine, more power to you, but don't freak out when other people prefer not to lie to themselves

I used to take it much more personally if I felt a fellow fan was more negative than me. Now I just don't care anymore. Fans are gonna fan however they wish to fan.

It doesn't impact my life in any way.

Well, almost. Sifting through negative post after negative post isn't fun but even that is a choice.
LOLOL It's minefield full of Davey & Debbie Downers FLOODING almost every single thread, so it's like running a gauntlet.
Choice? LOL, Sure, but not without wading through & kissing a lot of frogs to find some semblance of positivity & feel good, and that's oft-times even AFTER a win.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

LTH
I guess it's just a lot easier to assume FAILURE is in the cards (quit) than it is to take the "wait and see'' approach.
Wish I knew how to link the Saturday Night Live, Debbie Downer skit from a few years back to this place...It's hilarious...I see a lot of parallels to this thread & a few others here.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

LTH

You must have some idea. How long will it take to fill the missing holes at QB, LB, and the lines? How long do you see Carroll staying? Long enough to finish the rebuild or is it going to be somebody else's project? Etc,,.

In my opinion, Pete will be here for two more seasons and the team will still have needs. I don't feel he is going to go hard on this. In another words, we are going to just have to ride the next couple of years trying to do the best we can with what we have which isn't going to be favorable. Sure, hopeful upgrades and replacement players will be obtained in that time, but the time needed to implement and get those players going isn't going to happen under Pete. Just my opinion.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I guess it's just a lot easier to assume FAILURE is in the cards (quit) than it is to take the "wait and see'' approach.

It is easier. We've been 'waiting and seeing' for 9 years now with no difference. Why should we believe it's going to happen now?

Optimus25

Reaction score
This place was a beast of a poisonous creature in the '07/'08/'09 years.

These days it's the Powder Puff girls version of those postings full of vitriol and disdain.