This Josh Gordon ban seems very suspiciously timed?

Tokadub

Reaction score
Literally moments after Josh Gordon has the biggest play of the year for us (spectacular diving finger tip catch)... and the 49ers lose to Atlanta... lets evaluate this scenario...

At this point of the season the Seahawks have a very good chance to win the division, it seems likely even. This is the point where the NFL randomly bans Josh Gordon? I don't think it's a coincidence I think they were sitting on this just waiting for the right moment to cause controversy and make the NFC West Divisional Title way more of a coin flip than it would of been if we still had Josh Gordon.

Let's just give props to that play, that was one of those Russell Wilson throws I'm not sure if I've felt that way watching any other Quarterback, you can just tell on release and the arc and velocity of the ball, this is a home run waiting to happen. I've seen it countless times, it was a beautiful throw here but even a more beautiful catch.

I am deeply disappointed and saddened by our loss of Josh Gordon, if I want to be honest I don't think we can win the Superbowl realistically without him. We could still do it, but mathematically in my mind losing him we just don't have enough fire power anymore unless our young receivers gain Wilson's trust and they start balling out like the next Doug Baldwin.

In other words we need a miracle to win Super Bowl now, with Josh Gordon it seemed way more realistic to me. The timing just really seems wrong to me (NFL conspiracy type of thing not gonna lie), especially if it was for weed? Why is nobody even publishing what drug it was? Weed is legal in Washington State? If I'm the Seahawks and it's weed... I'm starting a law suit about this because it's legal for any Washington Resident of age... how can you be banned for life for something that's legal for everyone in Washington? Let us all pray it wasn't for weed because if it was then NFL can go F themselves thank you very much :)

I haven't posted here for awhile, so I'll just add that I am very happy how the Seahawks have performed this year other than our defense needs to step up a little bit if we're gonna have a chance, especially without Josh Gordon. Fun season though, also sucks Penny got hurt just when he started to perform like we all hoped he would... Let's just get the #1 seed and play lights out football this is the best chance we've had since when we were knocked out of playoffs by Atlanta and the Patriots.

balakoth

Reaction score
Tokadub":3lry6qno said:
Literally moments after Josh Gordon has the biggest play of the year for us (spectacular diving finger tip catch)... and the 49ers lose to Atlanta... lets evaluate this scenario...

At this point of the season the Seahawks have a very good chance to win the division, it seems likely even. This is the point where the NFL randomly bans Josh Gordon? I don't think it's a coincidence I think they were sitting on this just waiting for the right moment to cause controversy and make the NFC West Divisional Title way more of a coin flip than it would of been if we still had Josh Gordon.

Let's just give props to that play, that was one of those Russell Wilson throws I'm not sure if I've felt that way watching any other Quarterback, you can just tell on release and the arc and velocity of the ball, this is a home run waiting to happen. I've seen it countless times, it was a beautiful throw here but even a more beautiful catch.

I am deeply disappointed and saddened by our loss of Josh Gordon, if I want to be honest I don't think we can win the Superbowl realistically without him. We could still do it, but mathematically in my mind losing him we just don't have enough fire power anymore unless our young receivers gain Wilson's trust and they start balling out like the next Doug Baldwin.

In other words we need a miracle to win Super Bowl now, with Josh Gordon it seemed way more realistic to me. The timing just really seems wrong to me (NFL conspiracy type of thing not gonna lie), especially if it was for weed? Why is nobody even publishing what drug it was? Weed is legal in Washington State? If I'm the Seahawks and it's weed... I'm starting a law suit about this because it's legal for any Washington Resident of age... how can you be banned for life for something that's legal for everyone in Washington? Let us all pray it wasn't for weed because if it was then NFL can go F themselves thank you very much :)

I haven't posted here for awhile, so I'll just add that I am very happy how the Seahawks have performed this year other than our defense needs to step up a little bit if we're gonna have a chance, especially without Josh Gordon. Fun season though, also sucks Penny got hurt just when he started to perform like we all hoped he would... Let's just get the #1 seed and play lights out football this is the best chance we've had since when we were knocked out of playoffs by Atlanta and the Patriots.

I wanted Gordon to work.. He is an amazing talent with other issues..

But you really were basing our super bowl run on 7 catches? Let alone a multitude of years this guy has not done anything since his Pro bowl break out year?

Seriously????? Im asking..... was this tongue in cheek..................???

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
Tokadub":kgtede23 said:
IFun season though, also sucks Penny got hurt just when he started to perform like we all hoped he would...

Don't you think his injury was also suspiciously timed? Literally right after the best 2-game stretch of his young career.
Also, it was on a game against the Rams, who so desperately needed a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. I think they were sitting on this just waiting for the right moment to cause controversy and make the NFC Wild Card race way more of a coin flip than it would have (I'm not copying the incorrect grammar, sorry) been if we still had Penny and won that game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Has it even been confirmed that he was suspended for use while in Washington?

He was with another team previously in the season, and there was more than one person who commented that it was odd to see that team release someone who'd been taking up 80% of the WR snaps, even if he was injured.

balakoth

Reaction score
HawksBrazil":2txzscro said:
Tokadub":2txzscro said:
IFun season though, also sucks Penny got hurt just when he started to perform like we all hoped he would...

Don't you think his injury was also suspiciously timed? Literally right after the best 2-game stretch of his young career.
Also, it was on a game against the Rams, who so desperately needed a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. I think they were sitting on this just waiting for the right moment to cause controversy and make the NFC Wild Card race way more of a coin flip than it would have (I'm not copying the incorrect grammar, sorry) been if we still had Penny and won that game.

Best two game stretch of his career?!?!?!?!?

He had over 200 yards two weeks in a row for us? THEN I might be pissed

I'm not sure some people even know who Josh Gordon is.....

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
balakoth":1set8j5v said:
HawksBrazil":1set8j5v said:
Tokadub":1set8j5v said:

Best two game stretch of his career?!?!?!?!?

He had over 200 yards two weeks in a row for us? THEN I might be pissed

I'm not sure some people even know who Josh Gordon is.....

I know, right? You, for one, seem to think he got injured on the Rams game. It certainly seems like some people don't even know who Josh Gordon is....

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'll play.
In the playoffs, the preparation and matchups get taken to a new level. So let's say that an opponent had an excellent slot corner DB that could take Tyler Lockett out of the game. Then they had a long corner that was a tough matchup for DK. Now that opponent is down to their #3 corner to cover Josh Gordon. And their pass D has to deal with Jacob Hollister as well. Gordon is going to be open a good part of the time, if #3 corner is covering him. That's what we saw, against SF, is Gordon got open for key first downs. Never mind that Gordon would be our #2 receiver and DK #3, in most people's eyes. The point is it causes serious matchup problems for the opposing defense when Josh Gordon is part of the Seahawks receiving corps and on the field.

In a closely contested playoff game, against, say, a team from New Orleans or Santa Clara, a matchup edge can be a real difference-maker, the difference between a win and a loss. Michael Thomas? Oh, and "Yeah, but Kittle....",. So yes, Josh Gordon improves our chances.

hawks85

Reaction score
balakoth":1rstxj8z said:
Tokadub":1rstxj8z said:

I wanted Gordon to work.. He is an amazing talent with other issues..

But you really were basing our super bowl run on 7 catches? Let alone a multitude of years this guy has not done anything since his Pro bowl break out year?

Seriously????? Im asking..... was this tongue in cheek..................???
Pretty big 7 catches. Those 2 HUGE catches against San Fran. Without those we most likely lose that game. The 58 yarder on Sunday without that catch we probably lose that game as well. Whether people agree or not our Defense is not very good. I don't give a damn about 6 missing starters they got torched by a no name QB. I agree without Josh a SB win has gone down. We need all the offensive power we can get because the D is lacking BIG TIME.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Welcome back Tokadub!
A while?I'm thinking at least over a year.
What I'm hoping is they put CJ back at his real position
which is WR..He was converted into a RB while at ND.
Just have him run like Will Fuller.
It probaly will never happen but that is my dream.

sutz

Reaction score
I think someone's tinfoil hat needs a refresh. :34853_tinfoil:

Yxes1122

Reaction score
My assumption is that NE had the inside track on this and released him. That team needs offensive weapons right now.

But even if they didn't... The far more likely thing is that the guy with something like 5 previous suspensions got suspended again for legitimate reasons.

Dude came up clutch a few times, which sucks, but it's not like we lost Lockett.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Really? Yes Gordon had some clutch catches for us in his short time here but to suggest he would have been the difference in a Championship run is all due respect, short-sighted. This train's inevitable destination this year - whatever that ends up being - is going to manifest with our without Josh Gordon.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tokadub":14k1lxal said:
At this point of the season the Seahawks have a very good chance to win the division, it seems likely even. This is the point where the NFL randomly bans Josh Gordon? I don't think it's a coincidence I think they were sitting on this just waiting for the right moment to cause controversy and make the NFC West Divisional Title way more of a coin flip than it would of been if we still had Josh Gordon.]

Gordon was in the 758th level of the league's drug testing program............it's the most non-random thing that could have possibly happened.

The league can literally test him every day of the week if they wanted, and they probably did.

Torc

Reaction score
Yxes1122":1bcyuxd3 said:
My assumption is that NE had the inside track on this and released him. That team needs offensive weapons right now.

But even if they didn't... The far more likely thing is that the guy with something like 5 previous suspensions got suspended again for legitimate reasons.

Dude came up clutch a few times, which sucks, but it's not like we lost Lockett.

This all the way. NE knew he'd been tested and that a suspension was in the works. They're far too desperate for receivers to let him go for free otherwise. No conspiracy theory necessary.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, they gave him a shot. He contributed, but it didn't work out. He has a lot more important things to deal with. He flat out helped them win with huge 3rd down catches. It cost them next to nothing. Win

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Torc":35ljvin0 said:
Yxes1122":35ljvin0 said:

This all the way. NE knew he'd been tested and that a suspension was in the works. They're far too desperate for receivers to let him go for free otherwise. No conspiracy theory necessary.

...................And without Gordon making those two key 3rd down catches in the Niner game, we don't win that game.

So if the very least he's done as his time in Seattle is help us win that one game, that's enough. He didn't come at any cost, so it was all gravy to begin with, and he helped us win the most important game of the season.

HawkerD

Reaction score
olyfan63":qdya2z50 said:
I'll play.
In the playoffs, the preparation and matchups get taken to a new level. So let's say that an opponent had an excellent slot corner DB that could take Tyler Lockett out of the game. Then they had a long corner that was a tough matchup for DK. Now that opponent is down to their #3 corner to cover Josh Gordon. And their pass D has to deal with Jacob Hollister as well. Gordon is going to be open a good part of the time, if #3 corner is covering him. That's what we saw, against SF, is Gordon got open for key first downs. Never mind that Gordon would be our #2 receiver and DK #3, in most people's eyes. The point is it causes serious matchup problems for the opposing defense when Josh Gordon is part of the Seahawks receiving corps and on the field.

In a closely contested playoff game, against, say, a team from New Orleans or Santa Clara, a matchup edge can be a real difference-maker, the difference between a win and a loss. Michael Thomas? Oh, and "Yeah, but Kittle....",. So yes, Josh Gordon improves our chances.

I have to agree with Olyfan. The difference between moving on and going home in the playoffs is a thin margin. Now you have Malik Turner/Jaron Brown/David Moore instead of Josh Gordon. Those three can be more easily nullified by an average DB. Just not the case for Gordon who can beat almost anyone on any given play. He is an elite talent and we would be better with him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It really sucks that Gordon is out. He's a terrific player and can take over a game. He can carry a team if needed and is on his A game. That's the threat he offers to opposing teams.

This quite similar to Brandon Browner being suspended late in the 2013 season. I believe that was for PEDs too. Defense was a strength, as is the offense this year. They found a way to overcome the loss of Browner that season and they will do that for Gordon too. Hopefully the finish this season turns out as well as that 2013 season did.