The What's Wrong With Russell Wilson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariel9302

Reaction score
Blitzer88":we7u0kvd said:
MontanaHawk05":we7u0kvd said:
Russell Wilson plays very conservatively and doesn't throw unless he feels really, really good about it. That's frustrating. It leaves the other team hanging around.

It's also responsible for our 13-3 record. Turnovers are statistically ten times more impactful than a sack or incompletion. Pete will take those any time over an interception and I'll bet he's overall pretty happy that Wilson ends up scrambling quite a bit. It's kept us in games.

That said, Wilson's short-to-intermediate accuracy has taken a serious step back. He's also gotten jittery in the pocket the last month, much more so than earlier in the year. Even in the first Saints game, he looked calm and relaxed in the pocket. His slump is responsible for a lot of three-and-outs. We relied on the run today and it worked, but Wilson only had a couple of big plays despite good pass protection. I hope he improves.

I'm not even going to touch the Bevell issue. You guys were screaming for slants and crosses back in October, and now that they're here and Wilson misses them, you keep screaming at Bevell. Get together and agree on your criticisms before you expect me to take them seriously.

Spot on Montana.

agreed, but to clarify my personal criticisms, prior to the Rams' game it was that there was almost no short passing game routes, i.e. slants, etc. then in the rams game we get big catches from tate on 8-11 yard stop routes, keeping the ball moving and the offense in rhythm. what happened to that formula? it was pitch and catch then, and i know somewhere around the 3rd quarter today we had a couple possessions where they said the rain had subsided a bit (right around when brees was really looking good) so it shouldn't have been as impossible as it looked to complete ONE pass. seriously right now when our offense is on the field it almost feels like a MIRACLE when we complete a 8 yard pass. watching the patriots colts game makes it look simple. throw and catch. our run, run, play action formula isn't going to bail us out when the defense actually gives up a few points, which is inevitable in the super bowl due to the offenses in the AFC left. bevell has no less weapons than the pats, bottom line. his performance is unacceptable in terms of putting our team in a position to win.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":23tvxl5s said:
The RT was a revolving door today. The oline has not allowed Wilson to get comfortable. As a result, he's playing poorly. But he's not making mistakes. And that's the biggest thing. He's making big plays occasionally, and that is also a big thing.

So two more games of great D and next week we face a good Defense so it will be another tight battle. Then the Super Bowl he should face a much weaker defense than he has for weeks. At that point, I expect our offense to do much better.
RW

Brees was much much more under pressure than RW, but Brees doesnt panic and just goes up into the pocket and escapes the sack.. But our dear RW, I have never seen him take even a step up into the pocket. NOT ONCE!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Seahawkx":2a4piihd said:
SalishHawkFan":2a4piihd said:
The RT was a revolving door today. The oline has not allowed Wilson to get comfortable. As a result, he's playing poorly. But he's not making mistakes. And that's the biggest thing. He's making big plays occasionally, and that is also a big thing.

So two more games of great D and next week we face a good Defense so it will be another tight battle. Then the Super Bowl he should face a much weaker defense than he has for weeks. At that point, I expect our offense to do much better.
RW

Brees was much much more under pressure than RW, but Brees doesnt panic and just goes up into the pocket and escapes the sack.. But our dear RW, I have never seen him take even a step up into the pocket. NOT ONCE!

So is that because you don't watch Seahawk games or is it because you're legally blind?

Well, you could be a disingenuous, trollish liar that is making stuff up to be known as "the guy who hates Russell Wilson" around here, but that can't be possible, can it?

Seeker

Reaction score
Seems like they had a game plan that was heavy harvin and harvin went down. not reading much more into this. Tate looking dizzy all game after that hit from bush.

hawk45

Reaction score
Harvin down, Tate not looking great, the run game in full swing and the defense pitching a shutout. When the Saints had 0, the way the game was going with passing looking impossible in the first half, not turning the ball over was priority number one and I think that made sense.

Brees was playing from behind and had to throw it more in the 2nd half (when I feel the weather was less a factor). He didn't have a 16 pt lead.

After protecting the ball for 3 quarters and change (by design), when the Saints came back, at that point Russell had to try and make just enough plays through the air and he did.

Whether it's the Panthers or the Niners we face next, they'll be able to run the ball and stop our run better, and
Russell with have to make some plays. I think with Harvin out there drawing coverage, he'll be able to.

Edit: by the way, Brees should have been intercepted twice, in which case the increased passing by the Saints would have looked like a much worse decision under those conditions.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
There were about 5 different occasions on the read option today where the Saints bit HARD on Lynch, and had Wilson kept the ball, he would have easily gained at least a first down or close to it. So frustrating! He was so dynamic with his legs last season especially with the read option. It's almost like he's scared to keep it. He really seems to have taken a step back in that department. Just doesn't look the same. With that said, he is still freaking awesome and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I just wish he would keep the ball more often on those read options because that would also open up the run even MORE for Marshawn.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":2ajlr1ve said:
We were up by 16 sometimes you have to be conservative
16 is NOT enough of a lead when you're playing guys the likes of Breese, P. Manning, Newton, Krappernick, or Brady.
Even if you have the #1 Defense in the League, you're taking chances that you won't run out of luck with just 1 or two bad bounces that may not always go your way.

I just hope that this little funk that our passing game is going through, disappears, as RW is too good to have his hard work and preparation just dissolve.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Don't know what the hell is wrong with this guy . But he keeps saying clutch . So far I haven't seen it in a while . Doesn't help that these WRs can't get any seperation . The line is playing well so I'm not buying OLine . It's his game that's not working right now at least

Seahawkx

Reaction score
RW needs to watch and learn from Luck.. This guy is simply amazing. Just imagine if we had Luck.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I love him, but he was pretty bad today. He protected the ball, but was just off for the most part.

sc85sis

Reaction score
OreIdahawk":dsqpl2mw said:
There were about 5 different occasions on the read option today where the Saints bit HARD on Lynch, and had Wilson kept the ball, he would have easily gained at least a first down or close to it. So frustrating! He was so dynamic with his legs last season especially with the read option. It's almost like he's scared to keep it. He really seems to have taken a step back in that department. Just doesn't look the same. With that said, he is still freaking awesome and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I just wish he would keep the ball more often on those read options because that would also open up the run even MORE for Marshawn.
Keep in mind that a lot of those "read option" plays aren't truly read option. Russell has said more than once that a lot of their designed runs are disguised to look like read option in order to keep defenses guessing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1tt4q2lu said:
Don't know what the hell is wrong with this guy . But he keeps saying clutch . So far I haven't seen it in a while . Doesn't help that these WRs can't get any seperation . The line is playing well so I'm not buying OLine . It's his game that's not working right now at least

3rd and 3 throw to Baldwin to essentially seal victory was the definition of clutch.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahawkx":3awt4v8a said:
RW needs to watch and learn from Luck.. This guy is simply amazing. Just imagine if we had Luck.

How do you still have an account? The reason Indy is down right now is because of Luck's multiple first-half turnovers.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
This offense is not good enough to advance to the SB. Marshawn and the OLine put the offense on their back today. SF or Car will take that away next week. I'm not buying the blame on the OLine or Bevell. Execution right now at QB and WR is THE ISSUE.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2m4uutnn said:
Seahawkx":2m4uutnn said:

How do you still have an account? The reason Indy is down right now is because of Luck's multiple first-half turnovers.

Thats the dumnest thing you could say. A College team could beat the Colts minus Luck. No Defense, on o-line, no Wrs.

Why dont you just go to your RW Temple and continue worshipping him. We havent seen anything from RW last 5 weeks. Any qb can get 100 yards passing in this league, but RW is having a hard time getting to 100 yards even.

chiltech500

Reaction score
Seeker":39wol2cn said:
Seems like they had a game plan that was heavy harvin and harvin went down. not reading much more into this. Tate looking dizzy all game after that hit from bush.

:th2thumbs:

That wasn't Tate out there today, but we have worked Baldwin and Kearse successfully in the past.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seahawkx":1hjebegc said:
DavidSeven":1hjebegc said:
Seahawkx":1hjebegc said:

Thats the dumnest thing you could say. A College team could beat the Colts minus Luck. No Defense, on o-line, no Wrs.

So much irony

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He is in a funk, and I'm not sure it has anything to do with his jerry curl.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah but I kind of agree that Luck is all the Colts have. No shutdown-takeaway D, no Lynch. Luck threw 1 bad pass, the other pick was a tip. Luck's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts