The What's Wrong With Russell Wilson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamKam

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3jqo0j8x said:
So the lack of accuracy and not seeing wide open receivers is by design. Perfect! Nothing wrong at all here.

This.

People want to make excuses about the weather fine (although I disagree that weather playing a huge role in 8 yard slants). Decision making has been highly questionable. Sure play it safe and don't turn the ball over, but that read he missed to Percy was TERRIBLE. That wasn't even being conservative, that was just a flat out stupid decision, that could have been a TD with Percy's speed, instead it was a gain of 2.

I still trust RW but it is getting really annoying that no one can be critical of his play because Pete says he is playing the way they want them to. That is always how Pete has been, he is big in trust and doesn't like to show a lack of confidence in his players.

We don't need RW to be great to beat the 49ers/win the Super Bowl, we just need him to be good. As of late he has been average/below average in his accuracy and decision making.

Flame away.

Nearpost

Reaction score
I hear people criticize Bevells play calling, and in this thread of course, criticism of RW's decision making. Can someone please explain how the two of them overule one another,defer to one another, or on other occasions agree on a particular play.

chris98251

Reaction score
A few thoughts, Pete doesn't weant to depend on a QB to win a game, he wants him available to step up as needed, also since the San Francisco hit he wants to protect his asset. All the statements made along with philosophy points to a governer being put on Wilson. Confidence is part of a QB's mystique, swagger and making plays are what most attribute to success, Wilsons demeanor just happens to fit the mold of what Pete wants, if we have Brett Farve in place of Wilson I would bet the media would be feasting here on the disagreement beateen the Franchise QB and the coach and OC.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Nearpost":27ooavm7 said:
I hear people criticize Bevells play calling, and in this thread of course, criticism of RW's decision making. Can someone please explain how the two of them overule one another,defer to one another, or on other occasions agree on a particular play.
This is a great question. How much authority does Russell have to call audibles? I heard Brock say that the play to Baldwin in the 4th was an audible, but have since heard other comments that refute that.

Largent80

Reaction score
I just finished rewatching the game for the 3rd time. With 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter the great Drew Brees had 38 yards of passing.

I will also say that Tate was not even in the stadium. He made bad play after bad play, didn't help RW in the least.

All I saw again was a domination of a team that was blanketing our receivers all day.

plyka

Reaction score
Hawksfan76":1zurypru said:
Although Russell isn't playing great I think with our great defense both he and our coaching staff are playing to not turnover the ball. no stupid mistakes to hand the other team easy chances. they want to let our defense win the game. if we get behind then Russell's passing stats will go up. we are playing it safe on offense and letting our defense make the plays. sure i'd like to see Russell throw for 3 td's and 300 yards but as long as we win then it don't matter. we are playing to our strengths and that's our defense.

I don't think anyone is expecting Manning type numbers. We are expecting a SAFE and EFFICIENT performance. If you compare his efficiency stats from week 13 or so and before, to the last 6 games, you see a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE. This is not about total numbers, it is about efficiency. Look at his completion percentage, look at the average yards per attempt, look at his QB Rating --it was well over 100 for the first 13 games, the rest of the season it's been in the 70's. He passed for 50% completion rate and 108 yards against the Saints. We are not comparing Wilson with Manning or Brees, we are comparing Wilson with Wilson, and his production has collapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.