What's the "Most Wrong" you've been as a Seahawks fan?

cjamesg

Reaction score
Thinking Koren Robinson was going to be an all-time great and naming my son after him. I still have never told him where I got his name from. I sure as hell haven't told the wife...

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Like embarrassingly wrong? Like you hope the .net server crashes and your take is lost forever wrong?

In my 45 years of fandom....

Here are my two..

1. Being furious that Mike would stick with that bum Hasselbeck over Dilfer, who was obviously better. I remember booing Matt and screaming for Dilfer at Husky stadium. (Hass ended up being my favorite Seahawks of all time).

2. This one is tough. I wanted Sanchez. Mr. butt fumble himself. There was no doubt in my mind that we should have picked him at three and that he was going to be a All Pro for years to come. The only thing that somewhat dilutes my ineptitude is that the fact that we actually took someone worse.

What you guys got ?
As kid summer time in 1974 growing up in Hawaii upon hearing Seattle was going to be 1 of 2 NFL expansion teams my older brother blindly picked Tampa Bay as his favorite team and I picked Seattle as my first favorite team.Fortunately for me our local 1420AM KCCN radio station used to carry the Kiro feed for the Seahawks.I was glued to my little Transistor radio every Sunday.After nearly 3 decades of failures,heartbreaks,strokes of bad luck. I was resigned to the thought I'll never see our beloved Seahawks in a Superbowl.Then Super Bowl XL happened we lost.I then was for certain in my lifetime that I would not see us lifting a Lombardi trophy and the thought of waiting another 30 years was utterly depressing.
Then SuperBowl XLVIII came along and I was wrong. And Oh I did adopt the Sonics and Mariners or anything Seattle sports wise as my favorite sports city from way back when as well.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I once bought a Ken Lucas jersey at a playoff game. If I recall correctly, we lost the game and Lucas signed with the Panthers that off season so I had players jersey for half a game. I was convinced he was coming back to the Seahawks! Lol
Honorable mention: I too thought there was no way we would blow the lead in SB49. 😬
I too thought that young Wilson would catch fire, match & even surpass the less mobile Brady, but nope.
I never thought that it would have come down to a come from behind, desperation play.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
My biggest failure is thinking Marshawn was a waste of a signing. Boy did I eat crow.

I was really upset not re-signing Lofa.

I thought I'd never get over leaving the AFC.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled with the hiring of Pete Carroll. Thought he was a cheerleader/recruiter who was only cut out for the college game. 1 Super Bowl, 2 NFC Championships and more winning than this organization has ever seen later - I am so thankful that I was wrong. Now he is amongst a very exclusive class of coaches who has conquered both levels of the sport.

I can't remember who I wanted at the time, but they have already likely come and gone and been forgotten about.

Boiler

Reaction score
I was convinced that the Hutchison poison pill contract term with Minnesota was a hoax and that there was no way the league would allow it.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I was hyped for that 6 foot 8 inch stud McGwire, and was afraid they would take Favre......

PSYCHE, that was a franchise killer though. If not for the moving vans being stopped, we would not have a team.

I was all in that Hutch was a Seahawk for life, HE WOULD NEVER LEAVE THIS TEAM, yet he did because of our worst GM ever. Hutch and Jones was the best left side I have ever seen in football. That combo was what made the team during that brief fling at being the best Hawk team ever. I would still take Coach Holmgren over Pete Carroll. He is not my cuppa. So I guess my biggest mistake has been hating on PC for his entire career.

audioeffects

Reaction score
So, in the 1985 season (aka, the “terrible twos” year - win 2 - lose 2 just like that all season to 8 and 8. Because we were a defensive machine following a 12 and 4 record in ‘84 - now Curt Warner was coming back and was counting on a deep, possible championship run in the playoffs. Did improve from ‘86 and ‘87 to a division title in ‘88, though.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Definitely this.

As a Husky fan I thought Pete Carroll was a phony carpet bagger who's soft cheerleader optimistic coaching style would never work in the NFL.

I also thought Aaron Curry was going to be the next Lawrence Taylor.
Aaron Curry 100%. I had a work friend at the time who had family connections to the Butkus award committee and he had me convinced Curry was the smartest and most physically gifted LB in the history of the award.

seabowl

Reaction score
Thought these 3 would be great:
Curry
Mike Williams
86 Hawks

Also thought Dan McGwire would stick

camdawg

Reaction score
  • I believed McGwire might make a positive difference when I heard the Seahawks had drafted him and why (according to what I heard and read in Chicago, it was to try to take advantage of changes in the "in-the-grasp" rules).
I thought I'd be the only one to mention Mark McGwire's little brother!

In 1990, I watched Dan almost beat the feared Miami Hurricanes all by itself. It was like he had multiple Cane defenders draped all over him, but he'd complete pass after pass.

If he could almost single-handedly beat the unstoppable villain of college football by himself, what could he do in a league where the talent was more even?

12 year old me was so happy when we made the pick. Stupid kid.....

Dan still has the strongest arm I've ever seen.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start with this:

- I literally threw a chair across the room when we drafted Marcus Trufant ahead of Jimmy Kennedy.

- At one point, I wanted Holmgren fired and replaced with Romeo Crennel.

- I was PISSED when we took Lofa with the 45th pick.

- I referred to Terreal Bierria as "Rodney Harrison with range".

- The morning of the 2005 draft, I told a friend "I would be so happy if we could get out of the first two rounds with Kelly Jennings and Darryl Tapp". Figures the one time they actually listened to me.

- In the 2010 draft, where we had the 6th and 14th picks (we took Russell Okung and Earl Thomas), I was vocal that we should have been targeting Dez Bryant and Jimmy Clausen with those picks.

- I thought the Charlie Whitehurst trade was brilliant and was upset that we started Hass ahead of him in the Beastquake game.

- The #1 guy I wanted going into the 2018 draft was Malik McDowell. Ok, I guess they listened to me that time too. They should probably stop.

Pick any of those I guess. I'm sure there are others.

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
Of course, no matter what anyone posts, it will never the trump the infamous dude who wrote

"Russell Wilson will be the worst QB in Seahawks history, and I've been around long enough to see them all".

(or something to that affect)
Yup that was seabo something. I accused seabowl of it but I had the wrong guy. Someone found the actual post for me.

Last edited:

seabowl

Reaction score
Hated the Galloway pick but only because I wanted Sapp

I was actually at that draft and a Hawks reporter interviewed me after the pick and ripped them fir picking him and not Sapp. Needless to say my quote never made it into the paper

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Hated the Galloway pick but only because I wanted Sapp

I was actually at that draft and a Hawks reporter interviewed me after the pick and ripped them fir picking him and not Sapp. Needless to say my quote never made it into the paper
I always liked Sapp. Even when he was wrong at least he was funny.