The What's Wrong With Russell Wilson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
His accuracy on quick passes and reluctance to keep the ball on the read option are the most disappointing aspects of his game right now for me.

BroncosFan

Reaction score
My question is this: Is your offensive coordinator limiting Russell Wilson by his play calling, or is Russell Wilson limiting your offensive coordinator's play calling with his limitations?

UGotHawked

Reaction score
I love Russ, but something isn't right with him. Seems unsure at times and his accuracy is way off. He missed a few more than 2 today, as an earlier poster stated. I'm sure some of it is on the WRs, and certainly Bevell deserves his share, but Russ is no innocent lamb here. I hope they correct it. Just being honest.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Bad accuracy, wobbly thrown balls, bad decisions, Hesitant, bad footwork, bails from the pocket early, missing open receivers. This is what I appear to be seeing from Wilson. It's like hes scared to death to throw the ball. Remember that screen we setup to Harvin early in the game. Why did he pull that down and run with it? It looked like Harvin could have taken that to the house with his speed. I also don't think the "read options" plays are actually option plays at all and that's why he never keeps them.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Compare how much time Wilson has to throw the ball versus other QBs. Wilson needs to throw it in 1 second. Else, there are 2 defenders in his face. We MUST draft offensive line or adjust the play and have someone people run short routes.
I don't blame Wilson, I blame the play calling and the offensive line.

White Devil

Reaction score
Seahawkx":128myw6m said:
RW's worshipers excuses:
1) Bad O - line
2) Receivers don't get separation.
3) Bevel's Play Calling.

IMO, the line has been pretty good. If He is expecting a brick wall 5 yards beyond the line, that ain't gana happen.

Receiver have been getting open as shown by replays and other video evidence.

Bevel had been annoying last few weeks, but today he wasn't at fault. What can he do when RW can't hit a 5 yard slant?

The problem with RW is that he thinks too much rather than just going with the flow. He doesn't stay in the pocket and doesn't trust his OL and tries to to be heroic and run around.. His style works once here and there, but it's holding the offense back. There won't be a Beast and a defense like this for him always. He needs to watch Brees, how he goes up in the pocket and doesn't panic.

You're right...better start TJ next week.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Part of it is bevell part of it is the WR's not making catches in traffic.
He's not comfortable and tbh he looks like kaepernick did early this season. At least he isn't turning the ball over thoug

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SeatownJay":26ny6av0 said:
His accuracy on quick passes and reluctance to keep the ball on the read option are the most disappointing aspects of his game right now for me.

same exact way I am thinking right now. He just cannot hit a slant route right now and is afraid to keep it on a read option.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
BroncosFan":2pgiv6qp said:
My question is this: Is your offensive coordinator limiting Russell Wilson by his play calling, or is Russell Wilson limiting your offensive coordinator's play calling with his limitations?

That's right.. it got me thinking today.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Seahawkx":4srk86ji said:
RW's worshipers excuses:
1) Bad O - line
2) Receivers don't get separation.
3) Bevel's Play Calling.

IMO, the line has been pretty good. If He is expecting a brick wall 5 yards beyond the line, that ain't gana happen.

Receiver have been getting open as shown by replays and other video evidence.

Bevel had been annoying last few weeks, but today he wasn't at fault. What can he do when RW can't hit a 5 yard slant?

The problem with RW is that he thinks too much rather than just going with the flow. He doesn't stay in the pocket and doesn't trust his OL and tries to to be heroic and run around.. His style works once here and there, but it's holding the offense back. There won't be a Beast and a defense like this for him always. He needs to watch Brees, how he goes up in the pocket and doesn't panic.
Nope, I think in time he will be great. But it's pretty clear he isn't there yet

sedrohawk

Reaction score
russell hasn't had a good game since the weather started getting bad.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Russell in his post-game interview just now said on the Baldwin first down pass that he kept asking Bevell to let him take a shot and he finally did. So maybe Bevell IS holding him back and not letting him play how he wants?

sedrohawk

Reaction score
he bails out of the pocket to soon and doesn't give his wr's a chance to get open.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Respectfully, this is just a worn out excuse. He had plenty of time today. He's just frantic in the pocket. We put so much more heat on Brees than NO did on RW. Sure, the OL could be better, but RW has done no favors by bailing early and being tentative when plays are there.

joeseahawks":10admov9 said:
Compare how much time Wilson has to throw the ball versus other QBs. Wilson needs to throw it in 1 second. Else, there are 2 defenders in his face. We MUST draft offensive line or adjust the play and have someone people run short routes.
I don't blame Wilson, I blame the play calling and the offensive line.

davidonmi

Reaction score
The Outfield":3oe579wm said:
Russell in his post-game interview just now said on the Baldwin first down pass that he kept asking Bevell to let him take a shot and he finally did. So maybe Bevell IS holding him back and not letting him play how he wants?
I was thinking that the whole second half

daveman918

Reaction score
I'm going to focus on one thing. I'm concerned about his ability to work the pocket. Not sure if he has this issue due to trust of the line or if he doesn't have that type of play in his DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts