What's the "Most Wrong" you've been as a Seahawks fan?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I was positive the defense could hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, when I was sitting in the stands at SB49.

I wasnt. I thought it was a miracle they had a 10 point lead with how injured the secondary was.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The Seahawks would lose the super bowl to Manning and the donks. ...not because they weren't a better team but figured the fix would be in to get Manning that ring.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
In early season 2012, I was adamant that they should start Matt Flynn over Russell Wilson..

This was mine, too. Even after the Chiefs preseason game, I wasn't (but should have been) sold on RW.

I thought he couldn't compete with someone who had played at NFL level speed and against pro defenses. Seeing where both of their careers have ended up, I was very wrong, and actually happy about it.

slateman77

Reaction score
When Eddie lacy slimmed down and joined the Hawks I thought we'd have a great new RB tearing it up..I told my son in law who lives in Wisconsin to watch out...He averaged 19.9 YPG....

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With the success in the 80’s under Chuck Knox I was convinced that the Seahawks would go on to be the NFLs team of the 90’s. Oops. 🙄

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I once bought a Ken Lucas jersey at a playoff game. If I recall correctly, we lost the game and Lucas signed with the Panthers that off season so I had players jersey for half a game. I was convinced he was coming back to the Seahawks! Lol
Honorable mention: I too thought there was no way we would blow the lead in SB49. 😬

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think a lot of people were stoked about Harvin, Geek. Dude was a hell of a player, just couldn't stay healthy at all. And wasn't exactly a great teammate.

Slick

Reaction score
Thinking John Friesz was THE GUY to get us over the hump in the late 90s. Guess that's why they signed Warren Moon as a "backup".

Stud

Reaction score
As an outsider, I'd have to say the idea the Seahawks were going to be a "dynasty". All of it was there and it went crashing in just a year due to the pick at the 1. After that, Seattle never got past the 2nd round.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
In early season 2012, I was adamant that they should start Matt Flynn over Russell Wilson..
This is mine as well. I was pretty excited for the Matt Flynn trade at the time and thought another Green Bay backup could turn out as well for us as the last one, so I wasn't pleased by the Russell Wilson decision. How wrong I was!

My next closest wrong was in thinking the big contract they gave Shaun Alexander wasn't a bad move. I mean, he was arguably one of the two or three best offensive players in the league at the time so I figured he was worth it. More knowledgeable folks than I at the time talked about how quickly things can go downhill for RBs after they hit a certain age, but Shaun had always done a good job of protecting himself from injury so I thought he would be the exception to the rule.

He was not. (Still belongs in the Ring of Honor, though).

I, however, was not shocked by us losing a 10 point lead at Super Bowl XLIX. That wasn't based on my thoughts as a Seahawks fan and more just based on my knowledge of what Tom Brady was capable of. The injuries on our defense as well made me more than aware it was possible.

BASF

Reaction score
My next closest wrong was in thinking the big contract they gave Shaun Alexander wasn't a bad move. I mean, he was arguably one of the two or three best offensive players in the league at the time so I figured he was worth it. More knowledgeable folks than I at the time talked about how quickly things can go downhill for RBs after they hit a certain age, but Shaun had always done a good job of protecting himself from injury so I thought he would be the exception to the rule.

He was not. (Still belongs in the Ring of Honor, though).
I will always believe that it was not age with SA but his idiotic playing on a broken foot because, "God will heal me." He was never the same afterward. Such a waste of a great career.

Msfann

Reaction score
I bought a Julius Jones jersey online from the team store years ago thinking it was Walter Jones jersey.

getnasty

Reaction score
Will never stop believing in Koren Robison, Christine Michael, and Mailk McDowell.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Derrick Fenner would fill the hole left by Curt Warner

Two first round pick players would’ve been better than trading up for Cortez Kennedy

Tharold Simon would be amazing

…and I genuinely thought Percy Harvin’s KO in SB48 must some sort of a practice run and the officials were about to whistle it back to run it properly. I was there and I have no memory of any sound that went with it. Brains are weird.