The Seahawks OL Is The Best In The NFL

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know some of you are cringing with that statement. How on God's Green and Blue Earth could the Seattle Seahawks possibly boast the best OL in the league after being one of the worst for the past few years?!

Guess what? They ARE the best OL in the NFL at this very moment.

Show me stats, prove to me there is an OL better than this group is. You know what? Maybe you will. Maybe there IS another OL out there statistically kicking ass more than this group is but I dare you to find one single OL that is more intimidating, more imposing than this OL is right now.

Stats aside, this transformation of this OL from worst to what I think is first is...

WOW!!!

Can I get an Amen?!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, yes, I am going to push this agenda until someone can prove me wrong. :p

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It’s hard to say you’re wrong when arguably the weakest link is still probably Ifedi, yet he’s starting to look like the 2nd coming of a mirrored Duane Brown more and more each game.

12thbrah

Reaction score
A lot of fans have crapped on the FO and Carroll for the OL woes the last few years. They deserve huge praise for the moves they made this offseason. Trust the process and Schneider. :0190l:

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Forget stats...my eyes tell me that they look great. How awesome is it to see guards pulling and trapping- and demolishing their guys, to see a nice pocket for Russ, consistently, even without play action? To see Fluker getting to the LBs and flattening them? We need to solidify this personnel group via contract extensions.

We are getting back to imposing our will onto whoever shares the field with us. Doesn't get any better.

Ruminator

Reaction score
An almost surreal improvement after watching Wilson get pulverized and hurry/force throws, and our RBs get next to nothing in yardage, the last two seasons. I think I could enjoy this.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
ALL HAIL SOLARI! Loving what I am seeing - the pure power of Fluker and the nastiness of Sweezy. Britt running the show. Consistency of Brown and Ifedi on the ends. Fant coming in once in a while to lay a chop block. (OK, maybe not that last one.) Last year it seemed like every drive had at least a couple false starts and a hold or two. Right now we are barely seeing that. They are taking pride in their work. Accountability to each other. I love the new identity.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2djv64s6 said:
Solari has been amazing. Good coaching really does make a difference.

I've been saying this since the preseason. Solari was the best off season move. Fluker the second best move.
I think even Bevell would have done fine as the OC with this crew. Cable clearly was the weak link.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im conditioned to believe this statement is Fake News.

HawkerD

Reaction score
12thbrah":1f2ugqpp said:
A lot of fans have crapped on the FO and Carroll for the OL woes the last few years. They deserve huge praise for the moves they made this offseason. Trust the process and Schneider. :0190l:

They deserved It! The blind loyalty to Cable and to a lesser extent Bevell, is what has cost this team. That along with the boneheaded play call in 49.

Given all that, they do deserve the credit for getting it turned around and doing what was necessary to make this team fun to watch and more importantly, putting them back on a winning track. I for one have been critical but they do seem to be on a better trajectory. GO HAWKS!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
How many wins did Cable and Bevel cost us?

Sorry, I know I shouldn't go there...

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1n772pv3 said:

1-2 SB W's if you really must know. :pukeface:

mistaowen

Reaction score
This is probably the best pass blocking unit Russell has ever had on the Seahawks. It is also beating the bejesus out of defensive lines and LB's in the run game. Sweezy and Fluker are madmen off the ball and just knocking everyone backwards. There were a few times I thought Sweezy actually jumped the snap on a run play just to go knock someone on their ass (luckily didn't but what a jump). Pete wanted to get some mean, tough SOB's paving the way, he got his wish with this unit.

Solari is such a huge get for this team. Also Duane Brown's leadership is something a lot of them have mentioned, specifically Ifedi. Another solid addition to this young group.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1xarn4z3 said:

More than just wins/losses.

They may have demoralized the team to the point where a complete overhaul, as we have seen, became necessary.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think OLT-Brown has had an impact on the entire OL as pretty much a "coach on the field", I've noticed numerous times where Brown is coaching up his fellow lineman both in games and practices, especially in pass protection. ORG-Fluker is the most obvious guy that is greatly improving the running game with his huge size. Solari is obviously a MUCH, MUCH better OL coach than Cable as well. The end result is actual above average OL play, and guess what, it will only get better, barring injuries. The Seahawks MAY just be on the verge of a pretty darn good season. If they can get into the playoffs, anything can & will happen. Go Hawks!
:smilingalien:

toffee

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3in3qhgx said:
I think OLT-Brown has had an impact on the entire OL as pretty much a "coach on the field", I've noticed numerous times where Brown is coaching up his fellow lineman both in games and practices, especially in pass protection. ORG-Fluker is the most obvious guy that is greatly improving the running game with his huge size. Solari is obviously a MUCH, MUCH better OL coach than Cable as well. The end result is actual above average OL play, and guess what, it will only get better, barring injuries. The Seahawks MAY just be on the verge of a pretty darn good season. If they can get into the playoffs, anything can & will happen. Go Hawks!
:smilingalien:

I respectfully disagree with ya, we ARE having a darn good season. For a rebuilding team that lost bunch of star players, a rebuilding team with a head coach supposed to have lost the locker room, a rebuilding team that national experts denounced as one of the worse teams, we are doing fantastic with rookies, and low price castoffs.

This homer, toffee, is having a good time .... just hope that it never ends.

Latest posts