The Seahawk tattoo. (Post yours here.)

Rainger

Reaction score
I have seen various tattoo treads on this site in the past few years. Lets get this as a sticky for tattoo art. Post your picture of Hawks tattoo art here.

Ok so last year about the second or 3rd game I was in the bar and chatting with the Bartender. She is a huge Hawks fan and wore my Jerseys down to 2 Hawks games.

Anyways we agreed that if the Hawks won the SB we were both going to get Seahawks Tattoo's. So I am now embarking on having a large tat put on my left arm. (She has since moved and is not getting a tat lol)

Through this thread I am going to post pictures of the progress. This tat will take 2 or 3 three hour sittings. Today I had the consult and I gave all the pictures etc. for the artist to make the creation. Next wed I have the first 3 hour sitting.

So here is what I am getting. Taking up most of the arm I am having a Seahawk descending on it's prey with wings up and claws out. In the claws there will be a 12th man flag blowing in the wind. Below the flag there will be a banner with the roman numerals 48. It is set so that each SB win can have another banner below the first with the next number.

I am 62 so I hope to have enough arm for all the SB banners. Hope I don't run out of room before I die, well on second thought maybe I do. (lots of SB's)

So to start, here is the picture of the idea of the Hawk, wont be exactly like this picture but you get the idea and one of the blank canvas. I hope to add a picture next wed or Thursday with the first stage of the tat.
Seahawk3
20140521 163949

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out man. Dig the pic of the hawk you chose for sure.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
38 years I waited to do this. Some woman said to me before the sitting, "Don't do that, on no, think how old you are" LOL PS: 63rd year.

If you note I have left room for more banners for 49, 50, 51 etc.

GO HAWKS!!!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Wow, that is supremely awesome! And WTF, why is it any of that woman's business if you get a tattoo and why would it matter how old you are? I think it's great.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HansGruber":17jrxrp2 said:
Wow, that is supremely awesome! And WTF, why is it any of that woman's business if you get a tattoo and why would it matter how old you are? I think it's great.

Yeah, that's a mind bender... What could it possibly have to do with age? :? Nice looking tat.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":djhup7mz said:
Nice, bro. How long did it take, total?
After cleaning etc we got started about 3:30 with some minor breaks we were finished at 6:45 so I was billed for 3 hours work.

PS I know tattoo's and I know allot of people who have them, and they and I all say, that he did a lot of really good work in a really short time.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
HansGruber":1kpxeb23 said:
Oh well I own a bridge club here in Victoria. She is one of the bridge players here at my club. She is a "friend" from the club and when she heard I was getting the ink done that afternoon she went squirrely. Some people who are in there 60s figure that they are old and need to act it. I don't, I still drink hard, ride hard, and think I am in my 20's, and I LOVE me some Seahawks.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
BTW the art is way more dynamic, deep and colorful in real life. The pictures do not do justice to the wolf grey's and the shimmering effect and the shading he created.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think tattoos relating to favorite sports teams are almost always corny as all hell.. but yours looks really nice rainger. Props.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3da2i9bu said:
I think tattoos relating to favorite sports teams are almost always corny as all hell.. but yours looks really nice rainger. Props.
Thanks Hasselbeck. I am really happy with it. I had an idea and the artist was able to build on the idea. I went into it a little worried that it wasn't going to work out right but in the end it is perfect.

I am just hoping to put more banners under the 48 one.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
rainger":1j6166mi said:
38 years I waited to do this. Some woman said to me before the sitting, "Don't do that, on no, think how old you are" LOL PS: 63rd year.

If you note I have left room for more banners for 49, 50, 51 etc.

GO HAWKS!!!!
Get tattoos when you're young and don't worry about what your already decaying skin will look like when you're old. Get tattoos when you're old because who cares if your old skin has new art on it that will look better than the skin around it in 20 years. Basically, get tattoos for yourself and when you want them. If it makes you feel younger, then all the better. Be the coolest guy at the retirement home in 20 years.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fwtqakq said:
I agree, and even this one does to an extent, but it's still a good looking tattoo. I did a "sneaky" one with no text or anything to give it away, but everyone that knows me knows what it is. No names on me except dead relatives, that's my code. saved me from a Black Flag tattoo