The reason Norwood is just a #5 to #2WR

Sac

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11ohbv0m said:
Sac used to be so fun, and not all moddy.

I read his post in Wilford Brimley's voice and it fit perfectly.
I was going for Sam Elliot, but I'll settle for Wilford.

I still have the shack.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksurething":uzroig39 said:
pehawk":uzroig39 said:
SacHawk2.0":uzroig39 said:
I'm still waiting to hear hawksurething's story of exactly how it is that he became the WR genius that he is.

Your life story, give it to me.

Hmm, I don't care what his life story is. Dude's a breath of fresh air in this homeristic forum. He's dropping the knowledge none of us like to hear.

Don't let Sac's screenname coloration (racist!) fool you, hawkssurething. He's no more a mod than the leukemia kid is actually a Seahawks captain at the coin toss. Mark gets a taxbreak for having "employed" Sac as a mod (the reason why there's no ads)...only reason he's here.

Thank you. Im happy you see that all I'm doing is putting out knowledge about our weaknesses & strengths,so that the 12th man's collective consciousness stop refusing to get better quality players in the pass game that improve our chances for rings.

I find it crazy for people to disagree with me wanting a WR that makes that catch in the Superbowl without relying on a pick play...yet at the same time they get mad when I disagree back & defend my own post. What's up with that ???

I AM NOT ON THEIR POST WITHOUT DATA. WHY CANT THEY JUST STAY OFF MY POST,UNLESS THEY USE DATA & PRODUCTION TO DISAGREE with MY post ?

Thanks for your support of my data.Go HAWKS

Who on here has EVER said that our WR position does not need an upgrade? Again, no one disagrees with what you are claiming. Not sure who you are arguing with

We disagree with how you get to your conclusion - The Broncos last year, the most prolific passing attack in the history of the game, with WR that you have claimed to be "elite" - relied heavily on pick plays and rub routes. A "number one" receiver does not mean that we suddenly would never run a pick play.....

Tical21

Reaction score
Find me examples in the Super Bowl where our WR's didn't get open. Don't worry, I'll wait.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
How about we draft a couple stud O linemen so Russ has more than 2 seconds to throw to whoever is running routes. That would be refreshing.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2tcajhih said:
How about we draft a couple stud O linemen so Russ has more than 2 seconds to throw to whoever is running routes. That would be refreshing.

Can't draft any OTs this year as its a horrible year for them,but we can get some good OGs :)

We can get a RT in free agency,but the OGs suck in free agency this year. Besides Franklin.

You right. It would be refreshing.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
StoneCold":36k2r7bl said:
Damn, you might be right! He only got 7 TD's in 2012 and only 4 in 2014. He'll never get 8 if he doesn't build upper body strength, impress the CB's to making him their other targets. If not he will never make ELITE FACTUAL.

SC

You're right, if Tate gets stronger vs the press and starts beating it consistently?...He is his going to be a monster!

I remember he had zero drops leading the entire NFL :)

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't think the term "#1 receiver" has ever been used on these forums in a manner that helped discourse rather than muddled it. It's just an excuse for people to throw no true Scotsman around.

Football offenses are great because you line up 11 players with only a few simple rules. You need to have at least 7 on the line and only the two players on the end of the line can be eligible receivers; often a TE on one side and a Split End on the other but not necessarily. The players not on the line have to be at least a yard back, and three of them can be eligible receivers. If the receivers off the line are outside of the ends they are typically called Flankers, and if they are inside the ends they are usually called Slot Receivers.

There is a ton of flexibility under these rules to allow NFL coaches to fit their schemes to suit their personnel. Norwood isn't the prototypical Split End that fans are looking for because they only saw his height, but that doesn't really mean anything. Detroit plays Calvin Johnson at all three positions regularly and keeping the opposing defense guessing is worth the extra effort to learn everything. Receiver growth is heavily dictated by getting reps from the QB and building a rapport with them, and if Norwood and Wilson can do that then deciding where Norwood will line up is the easy part.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
AgentDib":55zogy5j said:
I don't think the term "#1 receiver" has ever been used on these forums in a manner that helped discourse rather than muddled it. It's just an excuse for people to throw no true Scotsman around.

Football offenses are great because you line up 11 players with only a few simple rules. You need to have at least 7 on the line and only the two players on the end of the line can be eligible receivers; often a TE on one side and a Split End on the other but not necessarily. The players not on the line have to be at least a yard back, and three of them can be eligible receivers. If the receivers off the line are outside of the ends they are typically called Flankers, and if they are inside the ends they are usually called Slot Receivers.

There is a ton of flexibility under these rules to allow NFL coaches to fit their schemes to suit their personnel. Norwood isn't the prototypical Split End that fans are looking for because they only saw his height, but that doesn't really mean anything. Detroit plays Calvin Johnson at all three positions regularly and keeping the opposing defense guessing is worth the extra effort to learn everything. Receiver growth is heavily dictated by getting reps from the QB and building a rapport with them, and if Norwood and Wilson can do that then deciding where Norwood will line up is the easy part.

True about positions.
Norwood could become a good complementary WR ..but never a WR that teams have to double team. Which keeps that saftey in the box to put more ware on Lynch's back.

Thanks for the insight :)