The reason Norwood is just a #5 to #2WR

captSE

Reaction score
I think Odell Beckham was horizontal when he caught "the catch". So I guess his 38" jump didn't help him much. lol
:stirthepot:

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
captSE":4micwrte said:
I think Odell Beckham was horizontal when he caught "the catch". So I guess his 38" jump didn't help him much. lol
:stirthepot:

Since I see how some of you like to focus on ONE weaknesses i speak of out of the many weakness a player has...I made the subject more clear so you can't IGNORE the other weaknesses. ;)

Sac

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear hawksurething's story of exactly how it is that he became the WR genius that he is.

Your life story, give it to me.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I like how every single topic hawksurething creates he eventually changes the title. Once he makes an outlandish claim and people respond accordingly, he changes the topic title to lessen the (fill in the blank) of his claims.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":px9v0gdv said:
I'm still waiting to hear hawksurething's story of exactly how it is that he became the WR genius that he is.

Assimilate his life story!... Wait. Don't. :pukeface:

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2t6ye1el said:

I'm a genius because i don't ignore a WRs weaknesses. Its NFL knowledge that WR is the hardest position to learn,they say it takes 3 years before they break out. Right ?

So if I recognize WRs weaknesses & see their strengths...then make sure they have the key strengths= #1WR :)

Key strengths are...can the demand double coverage,will they catch jump balls consistently with physical CBs & catch out of their WR box,are they hands catchers instead of body catchers, can they get off the press. (Also for the hawks can the block ? ).

If they can do all those things ?...then what ever weaknesses they have won't stop them from producing 1000 yards & 8-10 TDs.

This is why even raw WRs like Evans,Benjamin produced big numbers as rookies. Beckham was amazing because although he is little... His jump ball ability is amazing ! Has big hands to go along with his little guy route running,quickness & speed.

I told everyone last year Evans & Beckham will be the best WRs of the draft. I was correct as always too.

Here is a future WR who have yet to start so all of you guys will know that I pick WRs correctly... Moncrief.

Now y'all know a little of why I always pick star WRs. I can't get into my days as WR or the little WR coaching I did since it is miniscule & private ;)

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Basis4day":3epjx8w6 said:
Last edited by hawksurething on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Yes I have to edit a lot cause I must make it clear what I'm trying to say,since some people ignore a players weakness,and focus on 1 thing I'm saying,instead of the whole picture.

Also freaking spell check is horrible. Lol

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawksurething":3obo924g said:
Basis4day":3obo924g said:
Last edited by hawksurething on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Yes I have to edit a lot cause I must make it clear what I'm trying to say,since some people ignore am players weakness,and focus on 1 thing I'm saying,instead of the whole picture.
It's more than a little disingenuous changing the topic's title and a majority of the topic's original post so much while people are discussing the original premise. You say you're trying to make something clear, but you're changing an entire topic subject matter once a majority disagree with you.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":33wiwucf said:
LMAO

Everyone know Evans and Beckham were going to beast.

No they did not. or they would have been picked much higher & before Watkins. ;)

I had Watkins 4th after benjamin

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksurething":2g4d5kn4 said:
I told everyone last year Evans & Beckham will be the best WRs of the draft. I was correct as always too.

hawksurething
NET Rookie

What was your username last year?

pehawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":rhk6tex9 said:

Hmm, I don't care what his life story is. Dude's a breath of fresh air in this homeristic forum. He's dropping the knowledge none of us like to hear.

Don't let Sac's screenname coloration (racist!) fool you, hawkssurething. He's no more a mod than the leukemia kid is actually a Seahawks captain at the coin toss. Mark gets a taxbreak for having "employed" Sac as a mod (the reason why there's no ads)...only reason he's here.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Basis4day":32v2g60s said:
hawksurething":32v2g60s said:

hawksurething
NET Rookie

I just joined the board... But go to yaHoo hawks articals about draft or jets,bills since i live in NY now. You'll see me Mike Williams. I'm never wrong about WRs. You can go back years to see how correct I have been.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksurething":29l1p19g said:
Basis4day":29l1p19g said:
hawksurething":29l1p19g said:

hawksurething
NET Rookie

I just joined the board... But go to yaHoo hawks articals about draft or jets,bills since i live in NY now. You'll see me Mike Williams. I'm never wrong about WRs. You can go back years to see how correct I have been.

I too am correct on every prediction i edit after the fact.

Sac

Reaction score
How its this guy not employed in some NFL front office? Even the Raiders could take him !! He is genius !

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":17j5836e said:
hawksurething":17j5836e said:
Basis4day":17j5836e said:

Yes I have to edit a lot cause I must make it clear what I'm trying to say,since some people ignore am players weakness,and focus on 1 thing I'm saying,instead of the whole picture.
It's more than a little disingenuous changing the topic's title and a majority of the topic's original post so much while people are discussing the original premise. You say you're trying to make something clear, but you're changing an entire topic subject matter once a majority disagree with you.

I don't care about changing the topic to be more specific to people who should obviously get that I'm saying #5WR= not #1WR. Or 33 vert= a little weakness in winning jump balls,but of course his best is not his ONLY weakness or he would have gone high in the draft.

So since a few people can get the jest of what I'm getting at after the Superbowl Showed the WORLD that the hawks WRs ccan't get open vs good CBs ! I had to make it more specific.

Maybe next time those few people will act like hawks fans and support fixing our pass game like pats do.

Its a crime to have a WR playing the #1 spot that can't even demand a double team & a #2 WR that cant beat single coverage vs good CBs.Jeesh.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":190rleiz said:
Maybe next time those few people will act like hawks fans and support fixing our pass game like pats do.

Let's get back to discussing the topic. Discussing levels of fandom is not something we need to be doing here.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
1) I am not sure that ANYONE on this board has every suggested that WR is not a position of need. If people do not agree with your evaluation, this does not mean that they are against upgrading the WR position. They just question your premise, not your conclusion

2) Your number one WR "quality" is the ability to draw a double coverage. This is not an attribute nor quality. Double coverage is the product/outcome of the other qualities. Good hands? check Great route runner? Check Speed and jumping ability? check Ability to catch the ball in traffic? Yep. All critical qualities. Those qualities result in potentially being double covered.

Additionally, some teams (like the Seahawks) rarely double cover any receiver. Often times the primary coverage scheme will dictate "double coverage" - which typically only means that you have safety help over the top, or zone help underneath.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":37bl9e7n said:
hawksurething":37bl9e7n said:
If your saying very don't matter?...then why is it a football skill at the combine ???
Please provide your defense of this argument with regard to the standing broad jump.

How many times in a football game do you see a player come to a complete stop, put his feet together, and jump forward as far as he can?

Yet it is a football skill at the combine, therefore by your logic it must matter.

The combine exists to provide statistics. Statistics exist so that people who don't understand the game can have numbers to compare.
So is the 40 yard dash for OL. How many times have you ever seen an OL run unimpeded for 40 yards.