The reason Norwood is just a #5 to #2WR

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
What a thread. Instead of admitting he's mistaken the OP actually doubles down and ignores the facts about verticals of NFL WRs and how they can not only be misleading but also in some cases meaningless. If the OP wants a combine warrior and not a football player, I believe DHB will be a free agent this off season. He's super fast!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2zvx8nym said:
What a thread. Instead of admitting he's mistaken the OP actually doubles down and ignores the facts about verticals of NFL WRs and how they can not only be misleading but also in some cases meaningless. If the OP wants a combine warrior and not a football player, I believe DHB will be a free agent this off season. He's super fast!

Dude's the reincarnation of Al Davis, you should check out his posts in the draft forum.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
AgentDib":29e72p49 said:
The vertical matters but so does height, arm length, and everything else.

Strength is really underrated for possession receivers. The great ones have really good grip and upper arms that enable them to come down those with contested passes.

Another important factor is Grit. There are plenty of 6'5" guys out there but how many of them want the ball more than the guy on the other side does?

So true !

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":vq090jbn said:

I never make a mistake. I stay true to his vertical being . yuck ! But that does not mean he don't have other attributes can make him a decent WR vs the elite CBs off the new era. :)

I just pointed out his weakness at 6'2. If your saying very don't matter?...then why is it a football skill at the combine ???

Jeesh...you should never try to hide from weaknesses,instead you should face them to see if they can be overcome. ;)

I'm a WR genius ! I know a WR's abilities & how they will do vs double teams...norwood will never demand a double team,since only a few WRs have ALL the traits & attitude to do it. fact !

Norwood might be able to beat single coverage consistently AS a #2 WR though. Time will tell,he was a rookie and hurt. As of now hawks don't have him starting,so they must see what I see ;) we need HEALTHY WRs. Its just not his vert either.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksurething":37f92pqe said:
Hawkfan77":37f92pqe said:

I never make a mistake. I stay true to his vertical being . yuck ! But that does not mean he don't have other attributes can make him a decent WR vs the elite CBs off the new era. :)

I just pointed out his weakness at 6'2. If your saying very don't matter?...then why is it a football skill at the combine ???

Jeesh...you should never try to hide from weaknesses,instead you should face them to see if they can be overcome. ;)

I'm a WR genius ! I know a WR's abilities & how they will do vs double teams...norwood will never demand a double team,since only a few WRs have ALL the traits & attitude to do it. fact !

Norwood might be able to beat single coverage consistently AS a #2 WR though. Time will tell,he was a rookie and hurt. As of now hawks don't have him starting,so they must see what I see ;) we need HEALTHY WRs. Its just not his vert either.

Well then, I am so glad you showed up. We really needed a WR genius to explain all of this to us. We are grateful for your presence

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":3jobmnsp said:
hawksurething":3jobmnsp said:
Hawkfan77":3jobmnsp said:

Well then, I am so glad you showed up. We really needed a WR genius to explain all of this to us. We are grateful for your presence

Thank you. Not every fan or front office knows every position...its why the hawks have yet to hit on WR or DT in the draft.
Is you know how to spot probowl caliber DTs ??? ...please share with us so the collective hawks consciousness can grow on the subject & might reach the front office :)

Go Hawks !

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksurething":o6qxsl7b said:
Hawkfan77":o6qxsl7b said:

mistaowen

Reaction score
hawksurething":3mv9oq0m said:
Spleenhawk2.0":3mv9oq0m said:
hawksurething":3mv9oq0m said:
Hawkfan77":3mv9oq0m said:

Thank you. Not every fan or front office knows every position...its why the hawks have yet to hit on WR or DT in the draft.
Is you know how to spot probowl caliber DTs ??? ...please share with us so the collective hawks consciousness can grow on the subject & might reach the front office :)

Go Hawks !

You just hurt Golden Tate's feelings.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksurething":1hbu4u0z said:
Spleenhawk2.0":1hbu4u0z said:
hawksurething":1hbu4u0z said:
Hawkfan77":1hbu4u0z said:

Go Hawks !

No, thank you!

Out of curiosity, how did you become a WR genius? Are you a coach? Former player? Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you gain this expertise?

cacksman

Reaction score
Best thing anyone on this board could do at this point:

This post was made by hawksurething who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
OP reminds me of this guy who used to troll my old Yahoo Hawks board when we signed Flynn. He claimed he was a genius Packer writer and would sing Flynn's praises non stop and tried to convince everyone that Flynn would take us all the way... :lol:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":196o73vs said:
If your saying very don't matter?...then why is it a football skill at the combine ???
Please provide your defense of this argument with regard to the standing broad jump.

How many times in a football game do you see a player come to a complete stop, put his feet together, and jump forward as far as he can?

Yet it is a football skill at the combine, therefore by your logic it must matter.

The combine exists to provide statistics. Statistics exist so that people who don't understand the game can have numbers to compare.

themunn

Reaction score
hawksurething":3e3g3q6f said:
I'm glad so many of you guys are starting to understand some WR attributes :)

Norwood has been known to make the acrobatic catch in college. 33 inch vert is average. Not great though.

If you guys just want to continue to struggle in the passing game & fall short at the goal line like in the Superbowl ? That's fine.

But not me...I want actual WRs that put fear in defenses, so they have to double cover them & make lynch run vs 7 man fronts so I can see him 2 or 3 more years. I love beast mode and don't want him to go just yet ;)

But Ricardo Lockette had a 35.5 inch vertical and he still fell short. Does he need a 37 inch vert to make that catch?

titan3131

Reaction score
someone correct me if im wrong but baldwin has a ridiculous 10 yrd split.

and he gets great separation but he needs to be in the slot to flourish.

If we can get 1 - 2 more recievers I will be happy. I cant live with kearse anymore. I cant live with walters. Lockette is gone.

DGB
chris matthews

Norwood
Richardson / draftee

-slot
baldwin
draftee/ps guy kevin smith?

Nobody could complain if they all perform, sounds great to me. If we can pull this off and get Miller back, get his clone in Nick o Leary, have willson duke it out with McCoy.

Get a guard and a backup Lt. WE WIN.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Tell me about the wide receivers Hawkssurething, tell me about how we're gonna live off the fat of the draft. I never get tired of hearing that story Hawksurething, tell me about it, please.

SC

swagcity21

Reaction score
For the people W/O common sense *cough OP *cough allow me to explain why the vertical and Broad jumps are "important" combine activities. they are used to measure a persons lower body explosiveness. Meaning how much force can they generate with just the legs.

Now for everyone else, A vertical and Broad Jump do not measure a persons ability to play and succeed at their chosen position. We are not drafting the "combine Kings" rather the football players they show on tape.

Your using a vertical jump for the basis of your post..... Next you will say the 40 times determine how successful an RB and QB will be..... In the words of Hall of fame Pedestrian receiver Chris "no ring" Carter.... COME ON MAN!!!!!