The one thing you think Hawks must improve on to rePete

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Better O-line play, a healthy O-line, more aggressive/less predictable play calling on offense (think NO MNF and XLVIII).
A healthy Harvin will automatically improve the play calling. Stay healthy (esp keeping RW3 more upright this year).
Cant say much to improve on for the #1 Defense other than maintain.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Stay healthy and stay away from suspensions.

Seahawks won 16 of 19 games last year. Despite being much less healthy than they were the previous season.

mrblitz

Reaction score
have more of a run game that people can never shutdown... just keeps getting 5+ ypc.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I agree with OP, the redzone issues are absolutely critical , last year that was an issue, however I think we'll be better in that regard for a few reasons. a) Percy makes a huge difference and opens things up in the running game. recall saints playoff game, lynch runs in a 10+ yard td run, due to them paying Percy respect (play before was a 9 yard end around.) b) I think we'll see more consistent play out of our guards this year. sweezy has a full year starting under his belt, he'll improve. also carp will improve in his prove it year. add to that we'll see improvement from Bailey and bowie and add in that we'll add 2 linemen in the draft or udfa, I think we'll be a better offensive line in 2014

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Balance! I want to see our offense elevated to a level with our Defense. Fewer penalties, better run blocking and pass protection from the Oline and better separation for our receivers. Tough to do much about the injuries or I would ask for fewer of those to achieve the aforementioned. I said it more than once last season and I think the same holds true for this one; the only ones who can beat the Seahawks are the Seahawks!

seahawks08

Reaction score
NFCCG would never have been closer if we had capitalized on turn overs and scored. Red Zone offense is critical specifically in games within our division.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":399v1x9t said:
Easily O Line.

Russ got abused at times last year

Agreed, OL improvement in both phases and everything else will take care of itself.

We hear it all the time, "It all starts up front"

Staying healthy is also key

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":2rf7tvai said:
Easily O Line.

Russ got abused at times last year

This.

RW needs time to read/throw. He is awesome when he scrambles BUT sure would be nice if he didn't have to.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Stupid penalties in the red zone that take the offense "off schedule".
Protecting the QB.
Smash mouth run blocking.
Getting the ball out of Russell's hand faster.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think everyone knows it's O-Line play and passing game.

We had a hard time moving the ball with any sort of efficiency against really good defenses last year, and didn't have the WR's to prevent teams like Arizona, Carolina and SF from stacking the box to stop Marshawn.

Obviously a healthy Percy helps keep the defense off balance. But still need to fill 2 more starting WR positions, hopefully with a big body for 3rd down conversion and red zone efficiency.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2cbtiofm said:
hawksfansinceday1":2cbtiofm said:
What is the one area of the team or aspect of their game you believe the Seahawks need to be better at in order to get another championship (you only get one)? How do they go about that?

For me it's a pretty easy answer: they need to score more TDs in the red zone and settle for FGs less often. I just re-watched the season highlight Blu-ray and our guys could've put the NFCCG away with just one TD after either of the 2 turnovers by Krapperdink in the 4th quarter making The Tip unnecessary. The Owl could've been put away well before Malcom's pick 6 or Percy's KO return (depending on your perspective) as well with a couple of TDs rather than FGs early on.

So how do they get better in the RZ? Well for me it's a twofold answer. Number one, the o-line blocking needs to improve giving Russ more time and Beast more room. Russ having more experience is going to help too but all the experience in the world won't help if he doesn't have a bit more time. And number 2, we need to draft a tall WR that can get open and/or open up the routes for everyone else (TEs!). Pretty simple really, definitely not rocket science. A healthy Percy could help as well since he will demand a lot of attention wherever he goes.

Improvements arent necessary. Id say maintaining the status quo is all thats important, as obviously, they won last year. You can win a Championship (obviously) doing exactly what they did last season.

I'd disagree with this. We won two games in OT last year, games that could've gone against us. If we had even lost one of those games, the NFCCG is in SF and might go a different way. It's not like we thunderstomped the entire league, ala the 2007 NE Patriots (although I'll take our results over theirs).

I'd agree with most and say OL. Good DL's shut down our run game, so if our run game was more consistent, our lack of overall talent at WR won't be so glaring. The biggest reason is that I honestly don't know if we can get that lucky with Wilson again. He took a pounding and never missed any time; that won't always be the case. He took some incredible shots against just SF last year that puts most QBs out.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Anthony!":1gqxi6u5 said:
BlueBlood":1gqxi6u5 said:
Improvements arent necessary. Id say maintaining the status quo is all thats important, as obviously, they won last year. You can win a Championship (obviously) doing exactly what they did last season.
Totally disagree, first with FA you cannot maintain the status quo, send we were lucky last year RW did not get hurt to the point of missing games. I agree with the OP, we need to get better at o-line and a big WR. The SB winning team that stands pat is the team that looses next season. Always look to get better.
I disagree with the total disagreement. It's nice for us to think that we won last year because we were the best team and that is the only way it could have worked out, but the truth is that the best team usually doesn't end up winning. With modern NFL parity every season in which you can compete for a playoff spot is a season in which you can compete for the NFL championship. Nothing is absolutely necessary on its own; the Packers had a below average OL when they won but they still strung a couple of playoff wins together to get a title and it didn't really catch up with them until last season. And while Wilson is easily the most valuable member on our team, you have to imagine that we still would have won that game against Denver with TJack starting.

The better question is what will increase the chances of winning another title the most, and the obvious answer is staying healthier than our competition.

jblaze

Reaction score
How do you improve upon staying healthy? You don't have much control over that.

I know! Hot yoga and juice cleanses for everyone before the game!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Improvement on the OL will depend most on the continued development of the young linemen: Michael Bowie, J.R. Sweezy, Alvin Bailey, and James Carpenter. Okung and Unger have a good chance to return to form if they are healthy.

Latest posts