The Niners look like a pretty formidable group

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
49ers have a walk in the park this year it's going to be ugly. NFC West is an utter joke beyond San Francisco. I was expecting 8-9 or 9-8 but 5-12 or similar looks entirely possible currently.

Seak

Reaction score
Honestly....It was a great opener...but there are issues.

RT is a problem. Granted they won't be facing TJ Watt every week, but still.

Drake Jackson getting 3 sacks is a fantastic development. With Bosa, Armstead, and Hargrave, Drake should get alot of opportunities.

Behind those guys it was a bit rough. Everytime the 49ers subbed out their starting D-line, the Steelers offense started moving the ball.
I tuned in hopeing to see the 49ers lose lol
Solid team, both sides of the ball. Hurts to say but the eyes dont lie.
Interesting to see on sunday how they do. Personal opinion I think it wasn't the steelers being bad just SF stomped them.
Good luck this year, if the team stays healthy could go all the way.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think the Rams game will be telling. If the Niners win with ease, I can really see them not losing with their soft schedule.

By the same token, if we truly have any kind of team and chance this year, we best beat the Lions, if not, I suspect my pessimistic 5-12 seems likely too. It's too hard to be realistic about my own team, but then the Seahawks under Pete, seem to always compete. We were up at halftime, but the guys did not look ready. We'll see I guess.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Anything less than their 6th Lombardi and this season is a disaster.
fk being in the NFC title game or the super bowl, go take it, they have the most talent and it is there for the taking. it’s time.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Anything less than their 6th Lombardi and this season is a disaster.
fk being in the NFC title game or the super bowl, go take it, they have the most talent and it is there for the taking. it’s time.
Nice, if they don't make it you can troll for years about what losers they were in 2023.

Scout

Reaction score
The 49ers have a good team but their depth will be tested over the rest of the 16 game season. Lets see if Lynch did enough to fortify the team this time around.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say it, San Francisco looks legit as all get out again. Shanahan is a mastermind scheming a run heavy offense centered around McCaffrey and defensively they could be the best unit in the league. It would take a miracle for Rams to beat them today

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say it, San Francisco looks legit as all get out again. Shanahan is a mastermind scheming a run heavy offense centered around McCaffrey and defensively they could be the best unit in the league. It would take a miracle for Rams to beat them today
When the current millennium was new, Gregg Pearlman (a guy who wrote about the SF Giants and posted it in a blog) coined the phrase "earnest ragging." It works as follows: if you sincerely believe a player will perform poorly (i.e. Jeff Kent will strike out in this clutch situation), the opposite will happen. But it has to be earnest, you have to have no doubt he will fail. If you try to use this insincerely, Karma will ensure the worst possible outcome will occur.

Clearly this worked based on all your posts of the demise of the 49ers and the upcoming Seattle Seahawks dynasty prior to the start of the season.

Now, however, I'm concerned because you have done some 'earnest praising'. So, thanks a lot.

94Smith

Reaction score
I don’t know about a miracle. I keep saying rams are better than you think

sc85sis

Reaction score
Drake Jackson getting 3 sacks is a fantastic development. With Bosa, Armstead, and Hargrave, Drake should get alot of opportunities.
Every time I see a recent USC player do well in the NFL, I curse Clay Helton a little more. Talk about doing the worst with the good hand you’ve been dealt. (Sigh)

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
IDK, the Rams having such success with that vaunted D, tells me they probably lose this year. IDK about anyone else, but I don't want the first team to go a 17 game regular season undefeated, to be in our division unless it's us.

The Rams are better than people thought, and not "tanking" clearly.

Plus Purdy, while mistake free, didn't light it up today. I have hopes SF is not the juggernaut pundits and their fans seem to think, based on what I watched of the game.

Last edited:

Marvin49

Reaction score
IDK, the Rams having such success with that vaunted D, tells me they probably lose this year. IDK about anyone else, but I don't want the first team to go a 17 game regular season undefeated, to be in our division unless it's us.

The Rams are better than people though, and not "tanking" clearly.

Plus Purdy, while mistake free, didn't light it up today. I have hopes SF is not the juggernaut pundits and their fans seem to think, based on what I watched of the game.

Well I'll say this much: As good as the Niners have looked, they have made some mistakes and could have played much better in both games. Vs Pittsburg, they had issues in protection, particularly on the right side of the line. Vs Rams, they had trouble with comeback and crossing routes at about 10 yard depth in the first half. Made some adjustments in the second and played better. Couldn't get any pressure because they were getting the ball out FAST. Stafford played well despite the INTs. McVay had great gameplan.

Purdy missed three guys deep who were WIDE OPEN. First time I've seen him do that. After game Shanahan said Deebo deep shot was difficult because he was like 4th read on the play. Aiyuk was bad because he was first read and it was there to be had.

...but...Purdy had his worst game and they still scored 30 and they still won the game. He also was put in position he hadn't been put in before....he was put in 2 minute situation down a TD before the half and he drove down and scored a TD.

Not complaining.

PS: Also...Jake Moody screwed up a kickoff...but he's 6/6 on Field Goals, 6/6 on PATs, and he hit a 57 yarder today.

94Smith

Reaction score
They are a matchup nightmare for us but the 49ers generally whoop their ass
It was very close Frodo. I was swearing like a sailor at our D yesterday in the first half. Makes the Seahawks loss week one look perfectly fine. Rams are talented

Latest posts