The Hawks biggest problem...

DeletedAccount

Reaction score
Is our propensity to go down big and early. It has happened way to often for it not be some type of systemic problem. We are just simply way too good to look up at the score board early in a game and be down 20 points. It happened in both playoff games last year and cost us our shot at the NFC championship.

I love Pete's "It's how you finish" mantra, but he needs to drop the "It's not how you start" because sometimes it is. Sometimes the hole can just be too big to claw out of--see Atlanta.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Ironically the one game we lost this year we were up big early.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seesurfers":3kenk6xy said:
Is our propensity to go down big and early. It has happened way to often for it not be some type of systemic problem. We are just simply way too good to look up at the score board early in a game and be down 20 points. It happened in both playoff games last year and cost us our shot at the NFC championship.

I love Pete's "It's how you finish" mantra, but he needs to drop the "It's not how you start" because sometimes it is. Sometimes the hole can just be too big to claw out of--see Atlanta.
Didn't we have the lead in the final minute in Atlanta? Pretty sure that means we crawled out of the hole.

Not being able to create pass rush even with a blitz cost us the game in Atlanta.

How's Cleveland?

Largent80

Reaction score
To my eye, we are being outcoached/outexecuted in the first quarter with a years total of 29 points so far.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":2tjp1vmb said:
Ironically the one game we lost this year we were up big early.

Good point. It's very hard to remain consistently efficient in all facets for 60 minutes.

The biggest surprise yesterday was not coming out flat, it was coming out flat at HOME. Normally the home field advantage is more than enough to get the Hawks jacked up to play right from the first whistle.

I wasn't there, but I heard more than a few people say the crowd wasn't really into the game early either. Maybe they were expecting a nice walk in the park as well so they didn't bring the energy as usual? Not sure, but it definitely played into the home field energy not being there right away.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They were driving early until that pick.. But yea if we can play all 4 quarters instead of just 2, we'd be the dominate team everyone's been expecting.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Dave Wyman said something yesterday along the same lines that I agree with. Pete has that saying about "Can you win it in the first quarter?", etc., but that doesn't mean you HAVE to win it in the fourth quarter. It would just be nice to see a little more consistency in the way we start and finish games.

Latest posts