The first time Wilson blows a game for us....

G

Our total points for our combined losses is 26. 26 is less than half of the 58 we dropped on the rams. Can't wait for 2013-14 Go Hawks

chris98251

Reaction score
If Wilson has a bad day it's only because he was sick and his stunt double screwed up. All kidding aside, Manning has had bad days and nobody prepares better, except maybe Wilson at this stage. Both appear very OC. It's the bounce back factor that makes Manning maintain his elite status. People have short memorys.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":2sg5wztr said:
Instant QB controversy.

I'm having a hard time seeing a just awful, ugly, nasty outing from Wilson. Even when he's struggled, it hasn't been just egregious screw up after screw up.

+1
He's so innately efficient that I think any sup-par outings will be rare. After taking six sacks against Stl, his rating was still off tbe charts. That ability alone puts him in exclusive company.

Think about what caused bad outings from our QB's in the past...Who would have fared so well against such withering pressure? Hass could only take so much before making WTF type throws. Wilson is ice no matter what's happening...CHECK! Fumble-happy Dave Kieg? Wilson has hands that look like catcher's mitts..."CHA-CHING!"
Mobility? Zorn was quite the scambler, but wasn't near as elusive. Arm? The dude has a canon. Among anybody who's started for us successfully for any length of time, he clearly has the strongest arm and best deep ball. Hass was pretty good at reading D's, but I dare say Russell will pass him next season.

I wouldn't be wringing my hands over Russ somehow having a bad day. More often than not, the 'bad day' will be suffered by the opposing D.

Zowert

Reaction score
Impossible. Russell Wilson is no Tony Romo. He doesn't choke on big games, let alone regular season games.

Jk.

It is inevitable. No one is perfect. But I don't see RW blowing many games. If you do pin a game on him, it will be a pick, but the pick will most likely be a weird bounce off a receiver or the opponents D-line. Then we'll hear the, "Oh, if Russell Wilson was taller, that pass wouldn't have been tipped by their DT!" There are too many Debby Downers around to just let something go.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Do you really see Wilson totally blowing a game. That's really hard to picture. Maybe he has the flu and refused to take himself out, like an RGIII type decision. But I just don't see it.

Besides, for how many times he brought the team back from the brink this season he deserves to lay an egg. But even then, I don't see it happening.

chawx

Reaction score
volsunghawk":29n6ssng said:
HawksSoc":29n6ssng said:
Wilson doesn't blow games, games blow him.

First out loud laugh of the day. :mrgreen:

^^^

lolol-meme-face-gif.gif

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":30hfanog said:
Can we please not do the typical .net Whipping Boy Show on this board. Although there were times he played like a rookie, never could you pin an entire loss on his shoulders.

But eventually that day is coming and we should be prepared for it. I think Wilson has built up enough equity that when, inevitably, he does finally have a game in which the loss is clearly on his shoulders, he had earned a few mulligans before we question things like "Sophomore Slump" and "Still too short".

I know it's premature now, but food for thought. I was going through the schedule last year and realized that outside of the 1st STL game (fluky, bounce off fingertips interceptions), he didn't even have a "poor" or "typical rookie" performance this season. But it still doesn't mean he won't next year at some point.

At some point we will watch him have one of those 4 int, 52% completion, 6 sack days in a losing effort and before we go crazy on this board, we will have to remind ourselves that Russell will beat himself up over that performance way more than we ever could.

We are talking about Russell Wilson here. Impossible for him to have a bad game. Ever.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Greatness makes an off day easier to forgive or dismiss. Look at how long the Dolphins stood behind Marino. Do you hear Pat's fans spewing negativity about Brady when he has a less-than-stellar outing? The Hawks have never had a truly 'great' QB. We've had above-average at best.