That was not an interception

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I told the wife that there's no damned way that crap call by the Ref. stands, but sure enough, the bullsh!t call was upheld.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It was a close call and since there was no irrefutable evidence that he was in control of the ball, I agreed with the replay decision to stick with the call on the field.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Story is, least the way I understand it.

The catch was NEVER actually completed. This provided the opportunity for what was ruled an interception.

Doesn’t make it feel any better but it’s at least an understandable explanation.

For the record, I argued hard for the “he was down” side.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Story is, least the way I understand it.

The catch was NEVER actually completed. This provided the opportunity for what was ruled an interception.

Doesn’t make it feel any better but it’s at least an understandable explanation.

For the record, I argued hard for the “he was down” side.
Worst case i dont even think it should've qualified for an interception either. It very much could've been a simultaneous catch in which Jones was down first. Either way I feel the refs raw dogged that call and botched it, and the NFL was hyping up Bobby. Afterall, it was all game cast bobby this, bobby that, Ramsey here in bobby's ear.

James in PA

Reaction score
That call INFURIATED me! That was NOT an interception, yet, I had no doubt that bs would stand. Seahawks player has the ball secured in his hands with a knee clearly on the ground. But nope, lets just throw all logic out the window and call it a pick. I friggin hate the NFL and it's unfair officiating, but I love the Hawks more. Its the only reason I keep watching.

flv2

Reaction score
The ruling on the field was no catch by the Seahawks receiver, (process of catch, 2 feet down, and football move wasn't completed), so it remained a live ball until it was possessed or it touched the ground. The replay wasn't conclusive about this. The ball didn't touch the ground and the 1st player to possess the ball was Wagner. If the receiver didn't complete the process then the knee being down doesn't come into play.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
The ruling on the field was no catch by the Seahawks receiver, (process of catch, 2 feet down, and football move wasn't completed), so it remained a live ball until it was possessed or it touched the ground. The replay wasn't conclusive about this. The ball didn't touch the ground and the 1st player to possess the ball was Wagner. If the receiver didn't complete the process then the knee being down doesn't come into play.
One knee = two feet

renofox

Reaction score
One knee = two feet
Exactly. Receiver was down by contact with possession. He was NOT "going to the ground in the process of making a catch".

It was clear he had the ball secured when down. AFTER he was flipped 180 degrees by the tackler, he STILL had possession until the ball was ripped out while he was laying on his back.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
Still needs control and a football move.
This logic is actually crap when you consider all the circus catches receivers do tapping two feet right as they go out of bounds on the sideline. None of those catches (of which there are hundreds every season) ever allow for a "football move". In that vein, I would argue that the play was over as soon as that knee was down. Receiver had clear possession up to that point, and didn't lose control of the football until that point.

James in PA

Reaction score
Give me a break that call does not go that way against just about any other team in the NFL. Maybe Jacksonville. i'm so sick of these clown refs loophole-ing the hell out of things until they get the result they want against Seattle. Last week against DK was the same crap. Let's take 45 minutes to review the play until we can figure out a way for it to go against Seattle.