Geno DID NOT have an Interception

JPatera76

Reaction score
IDGAF What that stat says. Jone's knee was f'ing down. If anything it would've been a Simultaneous catch again which Jones still would've won.

But in the end... Jones knee was down and this was just the NFL once again changing what the very "up for interpretation" of "what is a catch"

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
agreed, that call was awful twice. Once when it was called and again after they looked at it. It was clearly down. the NFL has a SERIOUS officiating problem.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Definitely a questionable call that could've altered the game. I guess the argument could be made that the ball was "still moving". I'm not advocating for that, I'm just saying that must be what the ref saw. Idk

Fortunately, Geno didn't let it get to him and won the game.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
Definitely a questionable call that could've altered the game. I guess the argument could be made that the ball was "still moving". I'm not advocating for that, I'm just saying that must be what the ref saw. Idk

Fortunately, Geno didn't let it get to him and won the game.
Idk I didn't see the ball moving I saw He caught it (right in his numbers ) and kept it to his chest and when wags tackled him, he was trying to strip it as they were on the way to ground. even on his Back like they both were... Jones was down.

the refs raw dogged that call

nwHawk

Reaction score
Complete BS call. Unbelievable. Could have made for a great Bobby Wagner story had they won, but smokes, something needs to be done about the NFL’s “parity” crap.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
And watching Babs and Adam talk about it... its irritating to hear Babs still kind of NOT also say outright "that was wrong" or whatever.

Adam had to even kind of convince babs like "dudes knee was done" Babs "yeah.. i mean somewhere on the review they saw something but yeah... his knee was down"
God forbid dude you agree that it was a bad call.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Didn’t complete the catch and he didn’t keep Bobby from taking it. The rules about a catch are terrible at times but by those rules, he didn’t make a football move to complete the catch. If he dropped it as he hit, it would be incomplete. but it didn’t hit the ground because Bobby took it. They’re crappy rules, but they called it correctly.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They said runner never had control, therefore he was never "down"

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
They said runner never had control, therefore he was never "down"
So, there's the "loophole". Even though it held it secured in his chest/numbers. Because PC's presser also said it had to do with Intent.. intent for what?

The officials' reasoning was/is pure ignorance and a stretch to say the least.

pmedic920

Reaction score
IDGAF What that stat says. Jone's knee was f'ing down. If anything it would've been a Simultaneous catch again which Jones still would've won.

But in the end... Jones knee was down and this was just the NFL once again changing what the very "up for interpretation" of "what is a catch"
I said this in the other thread.

The official explanation is, the catch was never actually completed, ball never touched the ground. This makes the possibility of interception valid.

I don’t like it, I argued “he was down” as hard as anyone but the explanation is understandable by letter of the rule.