Temperature Check: Where are you at?

Are you feeling positive or negative about how the season will go?

• Positive

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Negative

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Meh (see comment)

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters

marko358

Reaction score
Although I come off as a negative nancy on this site, I'm still generally positive about what this team can and will do.

Rocket

Reaction score
Aros":3ldy5qfh said:
Tech Worlds":3ldy5qfh said:
Not 100 percent true Todd. The year we won it all, the only year, we started like 10 and 1 or something like that. Slow starts don't equal championships for us.
You shut your whore mouth.
Quit holding back and pulling punches damit. :thfight7:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The key is the playoffs.

Right now, this team is playing middle of the pack in every respect.

We are the 20th ranked offense, the 24th ranked passing offense, and the 10th ranked rushing offense (Football Outsiders)

The defense #s are better but not by much, 15th pass ranked, 15th run.

We are 25th in pts in the RZ and 29th in TDs in the RZ (10 down from last year?). Also 31st in TDs per Drive, even though we have played some really bad teams, and in fact some candy cake defenses.

And while we were in the top 5 in least amount of TOs per drive on Offense, we are right in the middle of the pack today.

And defense is getting TOs but still in the middle of the pack in forcing them.

There is a statement by Bill Parcells, you are what your record says you are. At this point, there is nothing exceptional about the Seahawks with the exception that it has a QB that is really good at running for his life and somehow turning disaster into a good gain. However, even that is not consistent so it would be a foolish thing to rely on.

Maybe the emergence of Rawls (who I look to be dead wrong about) fixes some of these but right now - we look like a team could beat the Chiefs but lose to the Jets or the Bengals. But the Packers, Patriots and maybe even Broncos would probably have no problems with us right now.

If this team gets a wildcard, which it should at least, the key will be seeing if it can win that game.

Right now we remind me of the 2010 Steelers team that lost to the Packers and then barely made the playoffs the next year, only to lose in that wildcard round. There were just too many pieces lost and too much transition to make the QB and the offense the threat instead of the defense - they still have not gotten back on the mountain yet.

But the #s right now look very average, although the sample size is small. They are going to have to improve, if Wilson wants to be thought of as elite he needs to perform like an elite guy, and the rest of this team needs to realize that it isn't going to happen unless there are big changes in how they prepare, they play and who produces.

kearly

Reaction score
Negative compared to years past. Seattle is still searching for identity and is playing like a soft team right now (inconsistent run game, constantly blowing leads, failing to wear teams down). Defensively the team is playing well, but the lack of turnovers and attitude makes me wonder if this team is done playing the role of the big bad bully. Right now I don't think teams dread playing the Seahawks like they did from 2012-2014. This can still get fixed but through five games I think you have to say that the arrow is pointing down at this moment in time.

I want to see the Seahawks impose their will and FINISH for a few straight games and then I'll feel a lot better about this season.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Optimistic.

I honestly thought we'd llikely be 2-3 at this point, and 3-3 after this weekend. I thought the OL would cost us games and we'd lose @Rams and @Packers, splitting Detroit at home or @Cincy.

I hoped for better. But it's turned out that way. Pleased that we held leads in the 4th quarter in all these games despite.

Was looking for the OL to show improvement by end of Oct. Last week was good on that score. Will watch the next two games closely in that regard.

Ultimately, the record is driving the pessimism for the most part. But really if we look back at last year and the year before, we had a lot of those wins come about with just one or two plays making the difference. This year, that's not happened. I don't think we're appreciably worse than the last two seasons. Maybe a bit unlucky.

We could be 4-1, just as we could be 1-4 right now. But 2-3 was about right. Plenty of time to get this straightened out. I don't see it as a malaise thing like last year. The season really gets tight in November and December. Got to get right for those two months.

Probably not getting the division this year. But if this team is firing on all cylinders, I like their chances wherever they play. The competition for the wild card slot looks good. If we get in and are doing well, I like the postseason chances.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I saw some things work in the first half last weekend. I saw the second half become mundane. I saw great things that created possibilities. I see options. I see things coming together. A couple more pieces and we dance.

Latest posts