Sunday forecast

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3kwz6sac said:
the humidity we had last weekend (still have today) would make South Florida blush. I've never felt any thing like in SoCal.

The higher temperature & dew point with same humidity % (Chula Vista's humidity was only at South Florida levels early in the morning, 7-8am, too) that Miami reached yesterday per the National Weather Service (88 degrees, 76 degrees, 82%) compared to Chula Vista where the Chargers stadium is (86 degrees, 72 degrees, 82%) would prove otherwise, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Very abnormal for SoCal, zero doubt there, but South Florida isn't within 20 miles of blushing over your weather.

:snack:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1uhw7oy2 said:
I don't know but I'm tired of it. Summer's lasted long enough; I'm ready for fall.

I'm with you Will. Enough already.

I doubt it will be upper 80's on Sunday. In fact, it's now showing 82 which comparatively from San Diego, will feel like A/C running in the stadium.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3j26kltj said:
Heat is a factor for the team defensive unit that spends all game on the field. All the more reason for us to pound the rock. The beast still has his tags on him after last game.

Honestly these grind them down games are what this team is made for. Beast mode, beast mode, beast mode, Turbo, Harvin fly seep, beast mode, beast mode, beast mode

Keep Peyton on the sideline eating papa johns and omaha steaks.
I think his back was a large factor in not using him beyond the defensive and heat issues. I expect a big dose of Lynch if his back is right.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xo5ur3d6 said:
LawlessHawk":xo5ur3d6 said:
the humidity we had last weekend (still have today) would make South Florida blush. I've never felt any thing like in SoCal.

The higher temperature & dew point with same humidity % (Chula Vista's humidity was only at South Florida levels early in the morning, 7-8am, too) that Miami reached yesterday per the National Weather Service (88 degrees, 76 degrees, 82%) compared to Chula Vista where the Chargers stadium is (86 degrees, 72 degrees, 82%) would prove otherwise, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Very abnormal for SoCal, zero doubt there, but South Florida isn't within 20 miles of blushing over your weather.

:snack:

I thought it was a pretty good story. By the way Qualcomm isn't in Chula Vista. And we all know the National Weather Service is exactly correct with all their numbers at all times of the day... The weather app on my verizon phone tells me its 89 all the time and yet I look at the thermometer on my patio and its 97... funny how that works. But carry on!

FargoHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2sqhl66c said:
I'm already chalking down a loss because of the heat. 8)

We all know you meant to say "I'm already chalking down a loss because of Bevell."

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
By the way Deschain, let me just say that I am extremely honored that you took time out from your busy posting schedule to dedicate your 25,329th post to me. What an incredible experience. Thank you! I'm going to print that off and have you autograph it someday. ;)

BocciHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1ysoj6j7 said:
At home we have those big as fans that mist and the benches that are also cooled somehow, heat isn't a problem here. I think we were hung out to dry literally in San Diego. I noticed the Charger had the misting units there for them, but did not see them on our side.

BTW the NFL mandates that any equipment like that which is used on one sideline is made available to the other sideline.

Fairly certain I saw those misting units on both sides of the field, FWIW.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3g62m96e said:
I thought it was a pretty good story. By the way Qualcomm isn't in Chula Vista. And we all know the National Weather Service is exactly correct with all their numbers at all times of the day... The weather app on my verizon phone tells me its 89 all the time and yet I look at the thermometer on my patio and its 97... funny how that works. But carry on!
Well, Largent80 said it was "more like in Chula Vista than San Diego" I believe were his words, so whatever.

Also, to absolutely confirm your home temperature reading, here's a picture of a guy in Greenland where the actual temperature's in the 20s but a thermometer in the sun is showing the temperature in the 80s:

jack-sunny-thermo.jpg

Not that I have any doubt your reading isn't 100% accurate! :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":5go2gk8h said:
LawlessHawk":5go2gk8h said:
Well, Largent80 said it was "more like in Chula Vista than San Diego" I believe were his words, so whatever.

Also, to absolutely confirm your home temperature reading, here's a picture of a guy in Greenland where the actual temperature's in the 20s but a thermometer in the sun is showing the temperature in the 80s:

jack-sunny-thermo.jpg

Not that I have any doubt your reading isn't 100% accurate! :)

[youtube]moSFlvxnbgk[/youtube]

Largent80

Reaction score
It is close to Chula Vista is what I said, you posted info from San Diego. The stadium is WAY inland. In SoCal, inland means WAY HOTTER than near the water....for reference see Seattle vs Chelan, same thing, it was friggin incredibly hot and still is 3 days later.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Seafan":1h5am4wm said:
My son's football game Friday was 62 degrees F and it was in central Texas. What's happening in Seattle? A Native American Summer perhaps?

Yes the weather here has been unbelievable for September.

Largent80

Reaction score
Roland is the Jeff Renner of .Net

Actually that is a compliment because Jeff is right (usually), while Ro has his moments.... :D

chris98251

Reaction score
BocciHawk":26f4ypjd said:
chris98251":26f4ypjd said:
At home we have those big as fans that mist and the benches that are also cooled somehow, heat isn't a problem here. I think we were hung out to dry literally in San Diego. I noticed the Charger had the misting units there for them, but did not see them on our side.

BTW the NFL mandates that any equipment like that which is used on one sideline is made available to the other sideline.

Actually with some of the game day road trip pics I did see some, they sure didn't look like they were the good models, I wonder if both sides had the same type.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":b4tqexhu said:
Roland is the Jeff Renner of .Net

Actually that is a compliment because Jeff is right (usually), while Ro has his moments.... :D
Well, if you check the other thread, I posted a link to a weather station half a mile from Qualcomm Stadium that still proved my point about how hot it really was that day, but I know you have no interest in seeing anything that calls doubt to the tried-and-true defense of "I WAS THERE", so... ;)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
gowazzu02":16meleid said:
Seahwkgal":16meleid said:
Holy bowel movement!!! Why is it so hot out west? :shock: Look at the forecasts for any other state this weekend and it is perfect football weather. Weird.
Global warming?
Global warming? This is like one-time-zone warming.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
chris98251":qaxplmra said:
BocciHawk":qaxplmra said:
chris98251":qaxplmra said:

Actually with some of the game day road trip pics I did see some, they sure didn't look like they were the good models, I wonder if both sides had the same type.
IMO the Seahawks need to start bringing some of that stuff with them.