STAND IN THE POCKET AND THROW THE BALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks pass-blocking is 19 of 32 according to FootballOutsiders and that takes into account sacks, which RW tends to take.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":ods3vs5t said:
Before we go further, please define great. And please, share more examples of 'greatness'.

Also, how many great games per week are played by NFL QBs?

You already defined great as doing something beyond avg, Well guess what Rw did so even by your defition he was great. Yout further said the Bilsl game was great and I showed were he played better as a QB against Zona than he did against the Bills. Seems like you have already answered the question, by both of your deinitions he was great.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Peyton Manning had an awful O-line in Indianapolis. It was quickly revealed to be bad as soon as he was replaced there by Curtis Painter.

David Carr had a good O-line in Houston. Everyone quickly realized it once Matt Schaub stepped in for him and improved the offense, while Carr's sack rate followed him every team he went to.

The QB has a huge role in his own pass protection.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2uprpwck said:
Seahawks pass-blocking is 19 of 32 according to FootballOutsiders and that takes into account sacks, which RW tends to take.

for one dude I said 19th and it does take into account sacks like the oline likes to give up. It doe snot take into account thenumber of times RW escapes sacks. Sacks other QBs would take.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2s6w5zco said:
Peyton Manning had an awful O-line in Indianapolis. It was quickly revealed to be bad as soon as he was replaced there by Curtis Painter.

David Carr had a good O-line in Houston. Everyone quickly realized it once Matt Schaub stepped in for him and improved the offense, while Carr's sack rate followed him every team he went to.

Agreed it does, without Rw this oline would look even worse.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":34g4s3zj said:
SonicHawk":34g4s3zj said:
Before we go further, please define great. And please, share more examples of 'greatness'.

You already defined great as doing something beyond avg, Well guess what Rw did so even by your defition he was great. Yout further said the Bilsl game was great and I showed were he played better as a QB against Zona than he did against the Bills. Seems like you have already answered the question, by both of your deinitions he was great.

Wilson ran for 3 TDs in one half and blew the doors off the Bills. I'm sorry your unable to understand the difference.

Your 'defition' of 'great' as 'beyond average' is simply wrong. Great is 'exceptionally' above average. It's a performance that you won't see for a long time. I feel like Russ can dump it off for 17-22 any day of the week. That's not special, that's not great.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":3ajny9tc said:
SonicHawk":3ajny9tc said:

for one dude I said 19th and it does take into account sacks like the oline likes to give up. It doe snot take into account thenumber of times RW escapes sacks. Sacks other QBs would take.

That's all opinion. Other Qb's could get the ball out before taking a sack...

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3p1q31pv said:
MontanaHawk05":3p1q31pv said:

This o-line would probably look better. A guy who moves around a lot makes it hard for big fat guys to protect.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Anthony!":2vph8c5s said:
MontanaHawk05":2vph8c5s said:

And with Peyton Manning behind it, it might be mistaken for the best of all time.

Of such influence is the role of a QB.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1fru4mt7 said:
Anthony!":1fru4mt7 said:
SonicHawk":1fru4mt7 said:

Wilson ran for 3 TDs in one half and blew the doors off the Bills. I'm sorry your unable to understand the difference.

Your 'defition' of 'great' as 'beyond average' is simply wrong. Great is 'exceptionally' above average. It's a performance that you won't see for a long time. I feel like Russ can dump it off for 17-22 any day of the week. That's not special, that's not great.

I said QB and made a point of it so once again you are chanign the paameters. No place before this post did you mentino rushing it was all about passing, now you want to add that, huh once again changhing things to prove you point. You may feel Rw can dump it off 17-22 every day, funny then why it deos not happen for every QB every game. But you are again forgetting 17/22 with a 9.6 YPA is not dumping it off. You do not avg 9.6 YPA just dumping it off. again nice try, still failed.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":aob9e4xu said:
Anthony!":aob9e4xu said:
SonicHawk":aob9e4xu said:

That's all opinion. Other Qb's could get the ball out before taking a sack...

to whom? You are assuming someone would be open, you are assumign they have time.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":y5e4vjxb said:
Anthony!":y5e4vjxb said:
MontanaHawk05":y5e4vjxb said:

This o-line would probably look better. A guy who moves around a lot makes it hard for big fat guys to protect.

LOL yeah right you really should watch the games. Let me help you since 2007 this oline has not ranked higher than 18th but one time and that was only 14th. It only rnaked higher than 20th 3 times. There has been several different QBs over that time, so it is not a QB issue at all.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
My god, you're just saying words now.

I never ever ever said RW's game in Buffalo was great because he threw for 400 yards and 5 TDs. You're the one who assumed (very incorrectly) that it had anything to do with him throwing the ball.

Compare his game against Buffalo with his game yesterday (in earnest) and tell me taht you don't see a difference?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":9nemn9nq said:
LOL yeah right you really should watch the games.

I'm sorry, but you're too much of a challenged person to have a conversation with.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":3fnbl0xu said:
SonicHawk":3fnbl0xu said:
Anthony!":3fnbl0xu said:
MontanaHawk05":3fnbl0xu said:

LOL yeah right you really should watch the games.

I think you should learn football. 300lb guys aren't quick and nimble and when a Qb is scrambling around and changing directions it does make it that much harder to block.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":250kkkw3 said:
Anthony!":250kkkw3 said:
MontanaHawk05":250kkkw3 said:

And with Peyton Manning behind it, it might be mistaken for the best of all time.

Of such influence is the role of a QB.

Yeah right, except you are forgetting Manning would be running his offense, have made sure we got better WRs, and most importantly being Manning you can bet we woudl hve done more to imnprove the line, ROookie RW gets to deal with it, HOF Manning would have changes made. nice try.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":1wfkyni4 said:
I think you should learn football. 300lb guys aren't quick and nimble and when a Qb is scrambling around and changing directions it does make it that much harder to block.

Actually you should know football if 300lb guys do not block it forces a QB to move. So if they want him to not move they shold do their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.