STAND IN THE POCKET AND THROW THE BALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony!

Reaction score
ivotuk":35an31li said:
Let's see Peyton Manning or Tom Brady get hammered for 7 sacks, play against an elite defense, all while having to throw to our receivers and play nearly as good as Russell did.

Those 2 have top 10 pass blocking o-line, and top 10 wr corps, play in the AFC. So no they did not.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2onvmo3a said:
Let's see Peyton Manning or Tom Brady get hammered for 7 sacks, play against an elite defense, all while having to throw to our receivers and play nearly as good as Russell did.

You really want to go there?

Denver has an abysmal offensive line.

Peyton put up 41 against them (it was a close game for several quarters).

Peyton releases the ball fast, it means more INT and possibly more incompletions, but he doesn't wait for a perfect opening or opportunity. Peyton doesn't take sacks because he'd rather take a chance at the ball in the air than in his hands.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":5py52tdh said:
ivotuk":5py52tdh said:

Peyton releases the ball fast, it means more INT and possibly more incompletions, but he doesn't wait for a perfect opening or opportunity. Peyton doesn't take sacks because he'd rather take a chance at the ball in the air than in his hands.

Denver oline is ranked top 10 in pass blocking nice try. Peyton has much much better WRs, and a pass game built around him. Nice try but you failed badly.

Let me help you since yo do not get it

Luck – 2nd pass blocking o-line and has TY Hilton, Wyane, Nicks to throw to
P Manning- 3rd pass blocking o-line and he has Thomas, Welker, Sanders
Brady 6th ranked pass blocking o-line (ours is now ranked 28th) and he has Gronk, Edelman
Rodger o-line ranked 16th in pass blocking and has Nelson, Cobb to throw to
Brees o-line ranked 7th and he has Graham, cooks, Colson,
Ryan 12th pass blocking o-line and he has Hester, Jones, White, Smith
Rivers 11th o-line, and he has Gates, Floyd, Royal, Allen

Wilson 19th ranked pass blocking oline and he has Baldwin, Kearse, TE-Wilson,

Its not even close dude so give it up all of them have way better oline and way more talent, adn are in pass happy offenses.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":9wawxdsm said:
I've been telling all the neighbor kids already so yeah probably.

So if Wilson goes 77%, 121 rating in every game for the rest of his career would he be considered great? He would go down as the greatest QB of all time. Check mate.

77% at 22 passes a game for 200 yards and 1TD every single game? I would think he would go down as a very respected member of the not-HOF.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":39jqcqfa said:
SonicHawk":39jqcqfa said:
ivotuk":39jqcqfa said:

Denver oline is ranked top 10 in pass blocking nice try. Peyton has much much better WRs, and a pass game built around him. Nice try but you failed badly.

Brady 6th ranked pass blocking o-line (ours is now ranked 28th) and he has Gronk, Edelman

Its not even close dude so give it up all of them have way better oline and way more talent, adn are in pass happy offenses.

I don't know where you get your information about Denver's o-line being good but... it's been a pretty consistent point of contention within the Broncos organization and reporters and media and everyone who watches football.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/ ... ty-of-heat

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26 ... -chemistry

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2274 ... os-offense

This is all from the past week.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2n6f8y34 said:
austinslater25":2n6f8y34 said:

So if Wilson goes 77%, 121 rating in every game for the rest of his career would he be considered great? He would go down as the greatest QB of all time. Check mate.

77% at 22 passes a game for 200 yards and 1TD every single game? I would think he would go down as a very respected member of the not-HOF.

really then you really do not get it and neve rwill, there are HOF QBs in the HOF now that did not do that. FYI he never siad 1 td every game only complt% and rating you added the rest to change the stuff to suite you as usual.

Sorry if Rw went the rest of career with 77% complt% and 121 Qb rating he would be HOF bound. You are assuming the same number of attemtps and TDs no one said that. NIce try changin the peramters to suite you.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2on7ho9x said:
Anthony!":2on7ho9x said:
SonicHawk":2on7ho9x said:
ivotuk":2on7ho9x said:

I don't know where you get your information about Denver's o-line being good but... it's been a pretty consistent point of contention within the Broncos organization and reporters and media and everyone who watches football.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/ ... ty-of-heat

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26 ... -chemistry

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2274 ... os-offense

This is all from the past week.

I get it right here

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Notice Den 3rd in pass blocking look al the way to the right. Oh adn do not think for 1 minute I did not see the dates on yoru articles all writen int eh last week. They may have struggled the past game but that does not mean they are bad 1 bad game doea not mean they are bad and judging by the rankings they are not, again nice try.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":gy6ziiqp said:
ivotuk":gy6ziiqp said:

Does Peyton have turtle-midget receivers to throw to?

Ryan Clady is one of the best left tackles in the game. Their line isn't that bad either.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1sjikwm5 said:
SonicHawk":1sjikwm5 said:
austinslater25":1sjikwm5 said:

really then you really do not get it and neve rwill, there are HOF QBs in the HOF now that did not do that. FYI he never siad 1 td every game only complt% and rating you added the rest to change the stuff to suite you as usual.

Sorry if Rw went the rest of career with 77% complt% and 121 Qb rating he would be HOF bound. You are assuming the same number of attemtps and TDs no one said that. NIce try changin the peramters to suite you.

Hey, slow down bud, there are so many bumpy red lanes in your quote it hurts my eyes :).

He was the one changing parameters, I was just answering the question more accurately to the conversation. If Russell Wilson played basically the same game as he did yesterday, would he be a HOFer? No.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":31iymnx4 said:
Anthony!":31iymnx4 said:
SonicHawk":31iymnx4 said:
austinslater25":31iymnx4 said:

Hey, slow down bud, there are so many bumpy red lanes in your quote it hurts my eyes :).

He was the one changing parameters, I was just answering the question more accurately to the conversation. If Russell Wilson played basically the same game as he did yesterday, would he be a HOFer? No.

Sorry dude he did not all he said was relevant to QB rating and complt%, He did not say the same game, you added the rest of the stuff again nice try it failed

Ozzy

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1tpoxsty said:
austinslater25":1tpoxsty said:

And another 70-100 yards rushing? And never throw an interception? That would put him in the hall of fame and its not even debatable. He also lost 25 yards rushing and a TD because of Kearse.

GOAT!!!!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2kwnnpbh said:
Recon_Hawk":2kwnnpbh said:
Anthony!":2kwnnpbh said:
Recon_Hawk":2kwnnpbh said:
Anthony! said:
A coverage sack is not on the QB it is on the Wr for not getting open. It is easy to say it is on th eoline when every expert saysy it, when I watch adn rewatch games and see the asme thing WIson gettign pressur eon him in uner 3 seconds. Sorry you can try all you want but the oline sucks and is responsible for most of the sacks, its a fact deal with it. This stat5ment in that article make smy point "And one each for it describes as other pressure and “quarterback fault.”" Notice it says QB fault. Non of the other ssay that so agian nice try.

First off - If people are going to respond to your posts with limited spelling errors and correct punctuation, do them the courtesy of attempting the same.

As to the statistics you are using from FootballOutsiders, their criteria used to assign fault is hugely misleading. Here is what they have as the QB's fault:

"Any time a quarterback "sacks himself" by tripping on his own feet, his lineman's feet, or just dropping the ball without being hit."

I guess if that is the criteria YOU want to use then OF COURSE the sack numbers will be low. Using only this category as a measurement is, as I said, misleading. Try thinking for yourself and quit saying the word "fact" for subjective analysis.

Of course it is misleading other wqise it would not help you. Those are the stats used through out theleague so I think I will go with them. No matter how you slice it the oline sucks.

From the same article and evaluator that came up with these stats you swear on:

"Mobility is actually one of the most overrated attributes for a quarterback when it comes to avoiding sacks. The signal callers with excellent footwork in the pocket, capable of quickly identifying a target and releasing are the best at avoiding sacks. It doesn't matter that they couldn't break five seconds in a 40-yard dash. History has shown most of the highly sacked quarterbacks were mobile guys unwilling to give up on the play."

Great does not change the fact the olien sucks though.
Still waiting on you to prove this "fact" with some actual analysis.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3okjj1ch said:

I have provded it you choose to ignore it that is on you.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2erq67wh said:
SonicHawk":2erq67wh said:
austinslater25":2erq67wh said:

And another 70-100 yards rushing? And never throw an interception? That would put him in the hall of fame and its not even debatable. He also lost 25 yards rushing and a TD because of Kearse.

GOAT!!!!

Zero INT would be pretty dang amazing.

Zero INT in a game = not impressive

Zero INT in a season = wooooaaah bro, nuts

Zero INT in a 10 year career = #HOF #GOAT #SB #BigWillySTyle

His rushing yards were cool. It's like adding 70 yards to his throwing. But then his sacks totally freak it up. 7 sacks is not o-line.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3fdo8xqu said:
Sorry dude he did not all he said was releveant to QB rating and complt%, He did not say the saem game, you added the rst of the stuff again nice try it failed

You're making it hard to continue this conversation without pointing out how you misspell every other fcknaf word and aligning that with your ability to process information.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":up0zfmo3 said:
Recon_Hawk":up0zfmo3 said:

Outside of posting misleading stats and stating an opinion without evidence as fact, no you haven't.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":30rthd71 said:
austinslater25":30rthd71 said:
SonicHawk":30rthd71 said:
austinslater25":30rthd71 said:

GOAT!!!!

Zero INT would be pretty dang amazing.

Zero INT in a game = not impressive

Zero INT in a season = wooooaaah bro, nuts

Zero INT in a 10 year career = #HOF #GOAT #SB #BigWillySTyle

His rushing yards were cool. It's like adding 70 yards to his throwing. But then his sacks totally freak it up. 7 sacks is not o-line.

No of course it is not on the oline, when rushign come in without being touched thatis all on the QB. Your rants are geting worse and worse and still changes nothing. Wilson played great fact deal with it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3gm06gxg said:
Anthony!":3gm06gxg said:
Sorry dude he did not all he said was releveant to QB rating and complt%, He did not say the saem game, you added the rst of the stuff again nice try it failed

You're making it hard to continue this conversation without pointing out how you misspell every other fcknaf word and aligning that with your ability to process information.

Hmm lets see 32 words, 3 mispellign not every other but go ahead and exaggerate some more.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Before we go further, please define great. And please, share more examples of 'greatness'.

Also, how many great games per week are played by NFL QBs?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":rmfegtvj said:
Anthony!":rmfegtvj said:
Recon_Hawk":rmfegtvj said:

Outside of posting misleading stats and stating an opinion without evidence as fact, no you haven't.

ahh yeah I posted a link outlining last years stuff, and posted the link to footballoutsiders. You choose to find a reason to ignore them good for you, changes nothing oline is bad in pass blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.