STAND IN THE POCKET AND THROW THE BALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Yo where's Anthony to bring in his "Facts" to dispute spin doctors comments? I have to agree with Spin. I'm not saying Wilson isn't a decent QB because he is pretty good. But to not place a chunk of the blame on the offensive leader is just pure homerism.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SeaChase":2uy5kpuv said:
Yo where's Anthony to bring in his "Facts" to dispute spin doctors comments? I have to agree with Spin. I'm not saying Wilson isn't a decent QB because he is pretty good. But to not place a chunk of the blame on the offensive leader is just pure homerism.
I'm just frustrated, if Wilson got better at recognizing the blitz I think he could really put up some monster numbers, even with his unconventional playing style.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Oline super pedestrian (especially the injuries last two years). Receivers even more pedestrian.

RW is fighting like hell to keep us in games, along with Beast who are two of the best at their position.

I really can't believe we are having this conversation.

It's ok to be critical, but saying the losses are on him when he is the 14th leading rusher in the league, 4 come back wins this year (shoulda had St. louis oppurutunity), two historic games against St. Louis and Washington (numbers wise) all while getting beat like a drum every time he drops back. Even when he stays in the pocket he ends up getting drilled after the throw.

AVL

Reaction score
Don't you fools see Wilson was softening up the D with his sacks? The run inside wasn't wasn't doing it so Wilson rope a doped 'em Ali style. Unfortunately none of them sprained a knee celebrating.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":g3yws3ob said:
SeaChase":g3yws3ob said:
I'm just frustrated, if Wilson got better at recognizing the blitz I think he could really put up some monster numbers, even with his unconventional playing style.

I agree. He's a smart kid and I'm sure he will evolve and become better at picking up the blitzes.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Smellyman":36twls50 said:
Oline super pedestrian (especially the injuries last two years). Receivers even more pedestrian.

RW is fighting like hell to keep us in games, along with Beast who are two of the best at their position.

It's ok to be critical, but saying the losses are on him when he is the 14th leading rusher in the league, 4 come back wins this year (shoulda had St. louis oppurutunity), two historic games against St. Louis and Washington (numbers wise) all while getting beat like a drum every time he drops back. Even when he stays in the pocket he ends up getting drilled after the throw.
Show me where I said that Wilson is the problem. He is not the problem, but my belief is that he could be doing more to help himself.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Judging by the amount of replies and the wild statement,,,,,,, I'm gonna give the OP some serious credit for baiting. Nice.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":2nv78mrw said:
Spin Doctor":2nv78mrw said:
SoulfishHawk":2nv78mrw said:
Well, on at least FIVE of those sacks, they didn't even have someone back there to help him w/blocking. Yeah, I guess it's his fault that there is ZERO blocking on those plays :roll:
It is his fault. Whenever we went into those empty sets, Arizona defaulted to a blitz every time. Our line physically did not have enough manpower to block every single one of those rushers. Their strategy with the blitzing? It was to keep Wilson in the pocket, and occupy the tackles with their ends. The result was rushers running free off the edges. When that happens you almost always have a receiver running free. It's Russell's responsibility to recognize the blitz and change the play call to something more appropriate or have that hot route ready. The blitz has always been something that Wilson has struggled with.

Wilson most definitely makes the line look worse than it is. He holds onto the ball for WAY too long, and he's always struggled reading blitzes. Wilson will not make the next step as a QB until he learns to be a better pocket passer. His running ability is nice, but in some ways it has really limited his development as QB. I feel like he really struggles when he is not able to improvise.

The post of the day! :th2thumbs:

You forgot to add the word dumbest before that it is without doubt the dumbest post of the day.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3cmqgr2t said:
Spin Doctor":3cmqgr2t said:
austinslater25":3cmqgr2t said:
Who do you think knows more about the position, blitzes, line assignments etc. Spin Doctor or Brock Huard?
Was it not true that they sent more men than we could block? I do not see how this is difficult to comprehend. Every Time that we went into our empty sets the Cardinals decided to sell out on the blitz. When you have 6 guys and 5 blockers bad things are going to happen if you don't see your check down option, or hot read.

Wait....the Seahawks offensive game plan includes hot-reads?...wth

Not always there is not always an outlet and even if there is there is no guarantee they are open.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":15hblblu said:
SeaChase":15hblblu said:
Spin Doctor":15hblblu said:
SoulfishHawk":15hblblu said:
Well, on at least FIVE of those sacks, they didn't even have someone back there to help him w/blocking. Yeah, I guess it's his fault that there is ZERO blocking on those plays :roll:
It is his fault. Whenever we went into those empty sets, Arizona defaulted to a blitz every time. Our line physically did not have enough manpower to block every single one of those rushers. Their strategy with the blitzing? It was to keep Wilson in the pocket, and occupy the tackles with their ends. The result was rushers running free off the edges. When that happens you almost always have a receiver running free. It's Russell's responsibility to recognize the blitz and change the play call to something more appropriate or have that hot route ready. The blitz has always been something that Wilson has struggled with.

Wilson most definitely makes the line look worse than it is. He holds onto the ball for WAY too long, and he's always struggled reading blitzes. Wilson will not make the next step as a QB until he learns to be a better pocket passer. His running ability is nice, but in some ways it has really limited his development as QB. I feel like he really struggles when he is not able to improvise.

The post of the day! :th2thumbs:

You forgot to add the wor ddumbest before that it is without doubt the dumbest post of the day.

No but you should add delusional to yours...

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":359bdplq said:

I foed Spin a long time agoin because he brings nothing but his need to prove WIlson sucks. As to your a chunk of the blame on the offensive leader, R-I-G-H-T, AS I already posted last year he had 44 sacks and Footballotusiders looked at them all and only 1 was on the QB. This oline has been bad since 2007m they ranke dhgher than 20th only 3 times I guess that was on those QBs too? I guess siince the run game was bad last game that is Wilson fault, any drop passes are wilsons fault, Basically the play calling is Wilsons fault. Hmm seems everything that goes wrong is Wilson fault.

They say ignorance is bliss, there are some very blissful people on this board.

Sum it up yes WIlson does have some fault here, is it a large chunk? NO, are there bigger issues? YES. Are there stil going to be a select few who want to blame everything bad on WIlson and then when things are good say it was everyone but Wilson? YES

I mean every expert out there has been saying how bad the oline is, and some of you still do not get it.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink, there are some thirsty people on this board.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":20vaq629 said:
You forgot to add the wor ddumbest before that it is without doubt the dumbest post of the day.

No but you should add delusional to yours...[/quote]

You are right delusional for having to waste my time pointing out the obvious that the post was the dumbest ever.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1u30rk8t said:
Smellyman":1u30rk8t said:

Show me where I said that Wilson is the problem. He is not the problem, but my belief is that he could be doing more to help himself.

show me where I said you did

Anthony!

Reaction score
You know in the end the facts, stats, and experts show the main problem is the oline. Now some here are trying to say that is becasue WIlson is not making the right oline calls, well can you prove that? NO you cannot, so we default back to what the facts, strats and experts say. In the end those seclect few who want to blame the horrid oline play on Wilson have no proof, no facts no stats, no nothing just guessing, opinion, nothing. Some of you just want to keep shoving it down our throats that Wilson sucks, other just follow the vocal minority because that is what you do. Some just want to argue to argue.

So here is my response to it from now on, Prove it, show me stone cold, cannot be argued facts, until then I will go with al lthe facts, stats and experts who say the majority of it is not Wilson.

So Prove it? Provide overwhelming proof, because right now the overwhelming proof is WIlson is not the biggest problem withe oline.

KatarHol

Reaction score
A 5 page thread about how terrible RW is playing following a 121 passer rating and a win against the team with the best record in the NFL. Spin Doctor and Seachase are very effective at trolling. I would advise against feeding them.

SeaChase

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the "strats" give me more time for research. Arguing is fun, gives me something to do other than beating the wife.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How about enjoy a fantastic performance by Wilson and the defense? Worth a shot?

SeaChase

Reaction score
That was yesterday. Why are you bringing up old stuff? We have a game in a few days.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it's pretty clear that unless he throws for 400 yards, 5 TD's, and rushes for 100, and they win by 5 TD's etc. it's not gonna' be good enough. It's Russell's fault that he is running for his life because the o-line is pitiful against the opposing D and thier pass rush, and his WR's are having a hard time getting open. Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts