Someone on another board said the below, what do you think?

BBQHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2sy84fxe said:
The person who wrote that did not watch 38 years of Seahawks QB's. They do not understand what a good QB is. This is the type of person who would blame the QB on a running play. The kind of person who thinks its easy to grab a QB and have him play at a high level. The kind of person who has no ability to understand that RW does exactly what is asked of him and does it like the leader of a beautiful symphony. This is the type of person who believes that the QB must throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs every game to even be considered good.

This 100%. The 38 years of prior hawks QBs truly hits home for me. I'm sorry Wilson is far better than hasselbeck ever was.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I would say that this person doesn't understand football and doesn't deserve a response.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Thank the lord he's from another board.

It's obvious he rates players by stats, and doesn't understand the little things that it takes to put a good team on the field week in week out.

MVP53

Reaction score
It's funny how people think "just not turning the ball over" is such an easy thing. Like guys that "just don't turn the ball over" are sitting around in free agency every year. Funny, with how easy it is to find guys who "just don't turn the ball over", so many NFL teams have QBs that turn the ball over so often.

This guy sounds like a guy who is really good at fantasy football and thinks that somehow relates to professional football. What he ignores is the impact Wilson has on other guys on the team. You heard Carroll's comments after a game this year, "You guys can come in tomorrow if you want, you know the QB will be there" (something to that effect). With as competitive as guys like Earl & Sherm are, you don't think they showed up that next day?

Carroll is a players coach. That approach doesn't work without the leader of the team buying in 150%. With that said, I really doubt there are more than a small handful of guys that could have won a SB with Seattle last year. Maybe Brady, maybe Manning, maybe Brees, and that, honestly, might be it.

Sac

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":glzdssqj said:

It's obvious he rates players by stats, and doesn't understand the little things that it takes to put a good team on the field week in week out.

He'd get drummed off .NET pretty quick for such obvious trolling.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":7iffiaqb said:

He would've got DESTROYED on this board.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Some people just don't deserve the luxury of a keyboard, monitor and mouse.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Didn't we already try this experiment in 2011 with Tjack? We had a top notch defense, Beastmode emerged and a similar WR corps? How'd that work out.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
We're going to pay Russell, end of story. It's not ridiculous to question Wilson's generalized value in comparison to stat monsters like Manning, Brees, Brady etc. But his value to this team is way higher than anywhere else. Russell can go from game manager to explosive playmaker with the flip of a switch. That ability is worth more to Carroll than someone like Manning who has to micromanage an entire offense and throw a ton. When Seattle's defense struggles, I have no doubt Wilson will put up bigger numbers. Wilson is whatever Carroll needs him to be, and he will get paid because of that.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkbrah come on man.

Just because Russell Wilson's offense isn't top 5 yet doesn't mean it won't be one day, and yea pass attempts does limit your total passing yards, even though that stat doesn't matter. The fact that we have Percy Harvin, or how accurate Russell Wilson was in the Super Bowl, must have also escaped you. Or perhaps the fact that he made winning the super bowl look easy in his second year. Or maybe how we knew we were going to win the super bowl after his first year.

Scrub, let him walk, lets go for Sanchez, I heard he enjoys Pike's place market.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I don't think it's the most ridiculous statement ever made. He does have a bit of a point; having one player hijack the entire salary cap is never a good thing for future productivity. Just look at Baltimore and Joe Flacco.

That being said though, his thinking that we can just find another quarterback in the draft to groom to be a game manager can just as easily be applied to almost every other position on the team. Easier actually considering the prowess of this scouting dept and coaching staff. So why not save money by moving on from one or two other guys and retain an MVP caliber QB instead? I agree that for a good portion of the time, we're only asking RW to be a game manager and not turn the ball over while the defense wins the game. Lots of guys could do that. However, it is the greatest luxury in the world to have a QB who can put the team on da back when it all goes wrong and that is a luxury we really need to pay for. And we'll be in the best position to do that. All we can hope is that Kap and Cam Newton don't set the bar too high when they negotiate their second contracts.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
CANHawk":1fozkj15 said:
I don't think it's the most ridiculous statement ever made. He does have a bit of a point; having one player hijack the entire salary cap is never a good thing for future productivity. Just look at Baltimore and Joe Flacco.

That being said though, his thinking that we can just find another quarterback in the draft to groom to be a game manager can just as easily be applied to almost every other position on the team. Easier actually considering the prowess of this scouting dept and coaching staff. So why not save money by moving on from one or two other guys and retain an MVP caliber QB instead? I agree that for a good portion of the time, we're only asking RW to be a game manager and not turn the ball over while the defense wins the game. Lots of guys could do that. However, it is the greatest luxury in the world to have a QB who can put the team on da back when it all goes wrong and that is a luxury we really need to pay for. And we'll be in the best position to do that. All we can hope is that Kap and Cam Newton don't set the bar too high when they negotiate their second contracts.

With Rw and without the scoring done by the Defense we were still a top 10 scoring team. I disagree lost of guys can do that, if they could they would have won the SB. Not so simple, add to it the games that Rw had to win to even get us to the SB and there you go.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CANHawk":2hj116zv said:
Just look at Baltimore and Joe Flacco.

Baltimore's problem is that they had a couple aging superstars who retired/left immediately after winning the SB and Ozzie misplayed the Bolden situation (tried to force a pay cut by threatening release; had to follow through). Also, let's not pretend Baltimore was some kind powerhouse when they won the SB. They should've lost to Denver. They went from 10-6 to 8-8; hardly a steep drop off. IMO, this was hardly related to Flacco's contract -- his cap hit last year was a mere $6M.

Both New England and Denver just dumped a bunch of money into FA despite having big money QBs.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Why are you reading another board?...everything you need is right here at .Net (especially in the offseason when news is so SLOW anyways)

ManBunts

Reaction score
I know this is a total troll statement that should be ignored, for grins, let's look at it this way:

We PLAYED the MVP...he lost. So maybe being an MVP caliber quarterback ain't the only important thing...just sayin'.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tm9e9k5 said:
I think that person is an idiot. Not just a normal run of the mill idiot, but a very special idiot. He's like the Muhammad Ali of idiots, the Mother Theresa of idiots, the Albert Einstein of idiots.
Oh, this! Absolutely this.

Latest posts