So will coaches now be held accountable?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
One can only hope. It’s something that should have happened one minute after XLIX.

Chapow

Reaction score
mikeak":1mfccsi8 said:
seahawkfreak":1mfccsi8 said:
Some people may be concerned that we only have one win against an opponent with a winning record......

Not really a good proven way to evaluate a team though is it. Can't really determine a strength of schedule till the end of the season.

Agreed that was my point - lets not get hung up on the record when determining how we are playing

What? You literally just said winning is what matters.

I don't think there is a single one of us that have been critical that wouldn't LOVE to be wrong - it means our team is winning which is what matters

The eyeball clearly says that we were inept at playing offense in the first few games but are improving by leaps and bounds, but it will be interesting to see how it holds up against elite teams

Who are the elite teams? I'm not sure I see any this season. I see some teams that I think are pretty good and some that are pretty bad with most being in the middle somewhere, but I still have my doubts about any truly elite teams this year.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Chapow":6xmoe7wu said:

We are a superbowl contender

I define winning as being in the NFC championship game

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
One can only hope. It’s something that should have happened one minute after XLIX.

Chapow

Reaction score
So currently sitting at 5-2 and riding a 4 game winning streak isn't winning, ya know, right now?

Or is not possible to be winning right now and winning can only be achieved by making it to the NFC Championship game*?

*This seems awfully arbitrary. Why not the Superbowl? Why not the playoffs? Why not winning our division?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3b2ifo89 said:
Chapow":3b2ifo89 said:

We are a superbowl contender

I define winning as being in the NFC championship game

Why stop there? That's strange when it's certainly not the end-goal, is it now?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
#2 yards/game QB, #3 passing offense. #3 playoff seed. #1 in division. Fire everyone? Really?

Not sure if joking or simply insane.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Fwiw I’m watching The NFL Power show on the network and they rated our trade as one of the lower because “the other four offensive linemen are still weak.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Held accountable by who?

Will it be Schneider, Carroll, Paul Allen?

In the end what we think means little if the team still continues to have success. All in all the premise of the thread is silly.

My answer to the OP is, likely NOT.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Chapow":90h1fjnw said:
So currently sitting at 5-2 and riding a 4 game winning streak isn't winning, ya know, right now?

Or is not possible to be winning right now and winning can only be achieved by making it to the NFC Championship game*?

*This seems awfully arbitrary. Why not the Superbowl? Why not the playoffs? Why not winning our division?

Because this year we are mortgaging the future. We are spending draft picks and funds borrowed from future years.

If we don't go one game beyond last year then I believe that those moves failed

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You certainly have a right to your opinion, but I think pre-judging something 12 weeks down the road is rather foolish. Just too many variables at this point. A home win over the Skins puts us one more step in the direction we want to go.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":vvy487oz said:
You certainly have a right to your opinion, but I think pre-judging something 12 weeks down the road is rather foolish. Just too many variables at this point. A home win over the Skins puts us one more step in the direction we want to go.

Me?
What did I pre-judge? I said if they succeed those critical should give coaches credit. If they don't succeed coaches should be held responsible.

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":1z6pwtd4 said:
Chapow":1z6pwtd4 said:

Because this year we are mortgaging the future. We are spending draft picks and funds borrowed from future years.

If we don't go one game beyond last year then I believe that those moves failed

I completely agree. Also I'll add they are uncharacteristically spending future cap and taking a risk they hadn't found necessary until this season. These moves really have the all or nothing feel to them IMO. I'm still for it if it works.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2iavpilw said:
Siouxhawk":2iavpilw said:

Me?
What did I pre-judge? I said if they succeed those critical should give coaches credit. If they don't succeed coaches should be held responsible.
I took it that the moves of acquiring Richardson and Brown would be a failure in your book if we didn't make the Super Bowl. While that is the ultimate destination, there's just too many other factors that could come into play at this juncture to disrupt those plans. I have confidence in our coaching staff that they will do everything within their powers to give us the best shot at winning.

Seymour

Reaction score
If they don't make or win the SB I would not call that a failure, more like a disappointment. If the line improves and Wilson stays healthy that will be a success IMO. If things do not improve, and we continue to have no run game, that should obviously be a failure IMO.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
mikeak":2ntgoymb said:
Are those of us that have been unhappy with our offensive performance now allowed to put expectations on this team and if not met we start looking at coaches and not players?

Do you know the difference between being "allowed" and people having disagreements with you?

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":33e6tfgt said:
mikeak":33e6tfgt said:
Siouxhawk":33e6tfgt said:

Me?
I took it that the moves of acquiring Richardson and Brown would be a failure in your book if we didn't make the Super Bowl. While that is the ultimate destination, there's just too many other factors that could come into play at this juncture to disrupt those plans. I have confidence in our coaching staff that they will do everything within their powers to give us the best shot at winning.

Yes except I said NFC championship

To me that means these moves should make us win the division and then we have to win ONE home playoff game. I do feel that if we can't do that after betting the house it is a failure of an excitement. Others obviously will agree / disagree

I am not pre-judging that though. We will see how it plays out