So will coaches now be held accountable?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
mikeak":1uv1bsz2 said:
To me that means these moves should make us win the division and then we have to win ONE home playoff game. I do feel that if we can't do that after betting the house it is a failure of an excitement. Others obviously will agree / disagree

I am not pre-judging that though. We will see how it plays out

IMO...winning one HOME Playoff game does not make me a "happy camper". Most here will consider this year a "success" only if we play in the Division Championship. I expect us to go into the Philly game with a 9-2 record.....
.......and I expect us to win that game! I believe that we fans ought to wait in our final judgment regarding these recent personal moves until the end of the year. Getting into heated arguments at this point of the season is fruitless.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1bswoz67 said:
IMO...winning one HOME Playoff game does not make me a "happy camper". Most here will consider this year a "success" only if we play in the Division Championship. I expect us to go into the Philly game with a 9-2 record.....
.......and I expect us to win that game! I believe that we fans ought to wait in our final judgment regarding these recent personal moves until the end of the year. Getting into heated arguments at this point of the season is fruitless.

Expectations are to beat Philly? Do you mean by beating the Eagles with the team we have right now (minus Earl) or the team we'll have in a couple weeks that could have any number of injuries?

I believe that when healthy, this team can absolutely beat any team in the league. We were fairly healthy against the Texans and beat them. Yes, it was close, but we did.

That's the crazy thing about expectations, though; they can sometimes get in the way of just enjoying a football game.

King Dog

Reaction score
Accountable for what? Getting us to the playoffs 6 straight years in a row, two trips to the Sup and a Sup win? Lol. Some people.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
King Dog":1j13qfnw said:
Accountable for what? Getting us to the playoffs 6 straight years in a row, two trips to the Sup and a Sup win? Lol. Some people.

"Held accountable" simply means fired. It's not like they put NFL coaches on a performance improvement plan like they work in an office. The entire premise of this thread is "does this mean Bevell and Cable will finally be fired because they suck?". I don't understand the point of coding it to "held accountable", since it's a misnomer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":37rcs649 said:
Sgt. Largent":37rcs649 said:
mikeak":37rcs649 said:
Maybe we should start holding fans who can't let their coaching grudges go more accountable.

I'd be real interested to hear your position coach rating system that would dispel the negative data that says they are not doing their job. Something besides "wins" that would actually support that person is doing well with what he has been given would be cool.
Are you accountable?

I listed the fact that we're now a top 10 offense, and have averaged over 30 pts per game the past four games, WITH a terrible O-line, no run game to speak of and 65% of our cap space dedicated to the defense.

Pete, Russell, Cable and Bevell get no credit for this?

What exactly is your "rating system" for saying that our coaches should be held accountable for their failures? Other than conjecture and the tired opinion that Bevell and Cable aren't competent at their jobs?

Because in my world stats don't lie, go look at all the offensive stats, and the Hawks are now at the top half or top 10 in just about every offensive category except run stats.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23h7ogda said:
Seymour":23h7ogda said:
Sgt. Largent":23h7ogda said:
mikeak":23h7ogda said:
Maybe we should start holding fans who can't let their coaching grudges go more accountable.

I'd be real interested to hear your position coach rating system that would dispel the negative data that says they are not doing their job. Something besides "wins" that would actually support that person is doing well with what he has been given would be cool.
Are you accountable?

I listed the fact that we're now a top 10 offense, and have averaged over 30 pts per game the past four games, WITH a terrible O-line, no run game to speak of and 65% of our cap space dedicated to the defense.

What exactly is your "rating system" for saying that our coaches should be held accountable for their failures? Other than conjecture and the tired opinion that Bevell and Cable aren't competent at their jobs?

Because in my world stats don't lie, go look at all the offensive stats, and the Hawks are now at the top half or top 10 in just about every offensive category except run stats.

Ah, but Sarge, don't you know that it's only because of Russell's magic that any offense happens at all? We succeed only because of him, and in spite of everything Cable and Bev have done to ruin him. But he can't last much longer, only another season or two, and we we'll lose Wilson as well. :sarcasm_off:

No amount of success will convince those who have already decided to see what they want to see. This statement is true: "I never would have seen it if I hadn't (already) believed it."

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
^ there is no reason to put words in other people's mouth.

You can disagree simply stating that you don't think others gives the coaches enough credit

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mshm35p said:
Seymour":1mshm35p said:
Sgt. Largent":1mshm35p said:
mikeak":1mshm35p said:

Are you accountable?

Like I said. Cherry picking 4 weak games does not override the stats that they as a group are a liability and have under performed to the assets given to the problem. They are 5 of 11 on offense, looking at them closer than "all of offense" as an isolated group is where the real problems will emerge. You avoid that to help make a point, that is 1 step up from "winning". That point is skewed with Wilson's scrambling ability and the outstanding play of a few WR's and Graham even last game.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Given the proper tools, I think Cable can produce a below average line.
I can't believe he's the highest paid OL coach........

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3osnorfh said:
Seymour":3osnorfh said:
Sgt. Largent":3osnorfh said:
mikeak":3osnorfh said:

Are you accountable?

Good fair points - thanks for bringing facts

Agree I may not be giving them enough credits for this. We are ranked 25-26th for rushing and are in the top for passing and passing yards.

Also agree the narrative the last four games is a LOT better than it was the two games before that and I am still influenced from what I watched those first two games

In the Houston game they still were gifted 10pts -- a TD and takeaway that gave the offense 3 pts without moving the ball. They still failed to score from the redzone in back to back trips with one of those having 5 plays and goal to go. They are still showing issues in the redzone over the past two games. Some of those playcalls have been mindnumbing.

Hopefully the trend continues and I eat crow

And as far as holding people responsible that doesn't always mean firing. It can mean agreeing to fair criticism and then making changes

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":nzf1thfw said:
and have averaged over 30 pts per game the past four games, WITH a terrible O-line, no run game to speak of and 65% of our cap space dedicated to the defense..

One more thing. You skip right past "with a terrible oline" to reduce the burden of responsibility on Cable. Why is Cable not held more responsible for "that terrible oline" in your eyes to begin with??
That makes zero sense. Cable is the #1 person responsible for the situation to begin with. Those are "his guys" that are terrible. Only one new player that started the season was not here last season (Joeckel), who Cable ranked tops in the league. :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1a98oc27 said:
Like I said. Cherry picking 4 weak games does not override the stats that they as a group are a liability and have under performed to the assets given to the problem. They are 5 of 11 on offense, looking at them closer than "all of offense" as an isolated group is where the real problems will emerge. You avoid that to help make a point, that is 1 step up from "winning". That point is skewed with Wilson's scrambling ability and the outstanding play of a few WR's and Graham even last game.

Ironic that you say I'm cherrypicking my stats, then cherrypick Russell's scrambling ability, our WR's and Graham as to why the offense has looked good of late..........you mean as in the OFFENSE? LOL.

Yes my total pts scored of 32 the past four games was cherry picked, but that was to prove this staff is finally figuring some stuff out. You know, being accountable.

Here are the SEASON stats Seymour.

- #7 in total offense
- #10 in pts
- #7 in yards per game
- #10 in yards per play
- #7 in passing

Again, all with NO run game, a terrible O-line and btw 4 of our first 7 games on the road.

So sorry, I'm not holding anyone accountable. Cause what I've seen is an offense that's starting to find it's footing getting better and better each week, just like most Pete Carroll teams. As the season goes along he and HIS COACHES that you'd like to be held accountable get this offense rolling.

Now that Brown's here? Should only get better faster.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3qv8a1ka said:
Sgt. Largent":3qv8a1ka said:
and have averaged over 30 pts per game the past four games, WITH a terrible O-line, no run game to speak of and 65% of our cap space dedicated to the defense..

One more thing. You skip right past "with a terrible oline" to reduce the burden of responsibility on Cable. Why is Cable not held more responsible for "that terrible oline" in your eyes to begin with??
That makes zero sense. Cable is the #1 person responsible for the situation to begin with. Those are "his guys" that are terrible. Only one new player that started the season was not here last season (Joeckel), who Cable ranked tops in the league. :roll:

I do hold Cable accountable. I'm not his biggest fan, but I also take into account that he's been given scrap heap lineman and project draft picks that he's suppose to mold into some awesome line?

Not entirely fair, so I give him more leeway than you and others who think he should turn the Fant's of the team into all pro linemen.

The difference between you and me is when our offense struggles, I hold EVERYONE accountable. You and others just seem to "cherrypick" Bevell and Cable. Why aren't the players accountable? Pete? Schneider? He's the one who drafted them.

Seymour

Reaction score
Why is the "oline terrible" Sarge??

Those stats do not isolate the oline's performance like that oline evaluation stats do. They differ widely and are skewed for the last time.

You have entered a circular argument of ZERO accountability.

dog-chasing-tail-clipart-1.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3ll5hrh5 said:
Why is the "oline terrible" Sarge??

Those stats do not isolate the oline's performance like that oline evaluation stats do. They differ widely and are skewed for the last time.

You have entered a circular argument of ZERO accountability.

dog-chasing-tail-clipart-1.jpg

It's everything Seymour. DESPITE having a bad line, this offense is still a top 10 offense. I'm giving our coaching staff credit for that, you're not..............not sure why. I assume because then you and others who hate Bevell and Cable would have to admit you're wrong.

I know? Hard to do huh?

So there's no circular argument. I've shown you stats showing that we have a good to great offense. So no need to hold any coaches MORE accountable just because we've acquired a good LT. They've already been held accountable, and have worked wonders this year so far with MAJOR holes in the line and run game.

Meanwhile you've shown me nothing but nonsense. Stats Seymour, where are the stats showing me this is a bad offense that needs to hold it's coaches more accountable.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19t6wkzt said:
Here are the SEASON stats Seymour.

- #7 in total offense
- #10 in pts
- #7 in yards per game
- #10 in yards per play
- #7 in passing

WE NEED TO HOLD THE COACHES ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS TRAVESTY!!! :lol:

Seymour

Reaction score
We've been over this again and again.

Schnieder never would draft an olineman Cable did not approve of. Schnieders words.

Who is the team offensive line expert Schnieder or Cable?

When I hear this I'm done with the discussion. It is just ignorance or blind homerism blocking that from getting though to people.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":16kuta5q said:
When I hear this I'm done with the discussion.

Perfect. We'll call you back in from the bullpen on the next Fire Cable thread.

Chapow

Reaction score
Here are the season stats on red zone TD percentage: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/r ... coring-pct

Our red zone TD percentage is tied with or higher than the Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Falcons, Vikings, Panthers, and Steelers.

Our red zone TD percentage is worse than the Raiders, Jags, Jets, Bears, Dolphins, Giants, and Bucs.

I don't think red zone TD percentage is as important to team success as some people here seem to think it is and I certainly don't think it indicates some sort of problem or underlying fatal flaw that some here seem to think it does.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1e4hc37x said:
Seymour":1e4hc37x said:
When I hear this I'm done with the discussion.

Perfect. We'll call you back in from the bullpen on the next Fire Cable thread.

I am past firing Cable. I don't think Pete can fire him. I've posted this, Pete is too deep in it himself. At this point I only can hope they bring in someone to at least evaluate talent to give us a chance and stop wasting so much draft capitol and FA garbage players.

You won't need to call either. ;)