So will coaches now be held accountable?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Look, guys. Until .NET stands up as one and demands the firing of Cable and Bevell (AKA "holding them accountable"), it won't happen. You guys are keeping this from happening. Step the hell up.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
bmorepunk":xyjkd8qf said:
Look, guys. Until .NET stands up as one and demands the firing of Cable and Bevell (AKA "holding them accountable"), it won't happen. You guys are keeping this from happening. Step the hell up.

get back to me after the season and we see how the team has played

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As if the team would regard that 'demand' as anything more than the ravings of fans who do not completely understand the complexities of the situation. BTW no rocks were intended to be thrown at anyone with that last remark.

Just so it's clear I doubt the people in power with the team hold the same low regard for Coaches Cable and Bevell as many do here. For me I'm not a fan of Bevell, but he has his moments. I am being dragged to the belief that Coach Cable is failing to produce quality OLinemen. It's not as if the team hasn't provided him with a large quantity of potential candidates many of whom were well regarded college players or exceptional athletes so perhaps the argument of a low talent pool to work with is wearing thin.

Now though with the addition of Brown, if the OLine continues to suck, Coach Cable has some explaining to do.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
As much as Pete touts competition, I don't see it in the coaching. He seems to live and die by the staff he has and based on what they've done the past few years, unless you don't like playoff football, they are doing pretty good.

I think our offensive lineman talent evaluation is a problem but there are quite a few former Seahawks that are starting for other teams on the offensive line simply because we didn't pay them a competitive price. If we find the next Walter Jones in the draft though you can be sure we will be signing him before his contract expires. We haven't even sniffed that kind of talent though and the evaluation has failed to keep us stocked sufficiently.

We can't and won't see what they do to improve talent evaluation year to year. You don't even have to trust that they aren't doing the right things to win because we have been winning. We've been to the playoffs every year since 2012 and have won at least our first playoff game every year. While we can nitpick about how unhappy we are with the offensive line, I like winning, so as far as I'm concerned, Pete and John are gold plated winners and have earned the benefit of the doubt until they lose so much Paul loses faith (or Pete retires). I don't see that happening any time soon.

Keep up the winning ways 'Hawks!

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12juti5y said:
Seymour":12juti5y said:
Why is the "oline terrible" Sarge??

Those stats do not isolate the oline's performance like that oline evaluation stats do. They differ widely and are skewed for the last time.

You have entered a circular argument of ZERO accountability.

dog-chasing-tail-clipart-1.jpg

It's everything Seymour. DESPITE having a bad line, this offense is still a top 10 offense. I'm giving our coaching staff credit for that, you're not..............not sure why. I assume because then you and others who hate Bevell and Cable would have to admit you're wrong.

I know? Hard to do huh?

So there's no circular argument. I've shown you stats showing that we have a good to great offense. So no need to hold any coaches MORE accountable just because we've acquired a good LT. They've already been held accountable, and have worked wonders this year so far with MAJOR holes in the line and run game.

Meanwhile you've shown me nothing but nonsense. Stats Seymour, where are the stats showing me this is a bad offense that needs to hold it's coaches more accountable.

LMAO.....Blast from the past.

How did that turn out Sarge?? :179422:

And thank you Pete for finally holding those coaches responsible to the accountability SOME of us have been calling for.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":r4z1u2ri said:
mikeak":r4z1u2ri said:
Are those of us that have been unhappy with our offensive performance now allowed to put expectations on this team and if not met we start looking at coaches and not players?

32 pts per game avg last four games and #10 ranked scoring and overall offense..............despite a terrible line and no run game all year.

Maybe we should start holding fans who can't let their coaching grudges go more accountable
Or we can hold the bad coach appologists accountable? That would be neat. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Well they sure did hold them accountable.

They gave the GM a vote a confidence by saying you can't interview elsewhere. That tells me they thought they had the right players

They fired the coaches

We were inept at moving the ball at large parts of just about every game. Would have preferred a better outcome to the season but at least highly compensated employees were held responsible

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":31x1mj3k said:
Well they sure did hold them accountable.

They gave the GM a vote a confidence by saying you can't interview elsewhere. That tells me they thought they had the right players

They fired the coaches

We were inept at moving the ball at large parts of just about every game. Would have preferred a better outcome to the season but at least highly compensated employees were held responsible
And they deserve credit for doing so. I wish it happened a year or 2 before, but I’ll take it and look forward to the success this new coaching staff will bring.