So Marshawn really got fined $50, 000 for not speaking...

253hawk

Reaction score
This is as ridiculous as the rule that is going to force a team to do Hard Knocks on HBO even if it doesn't want to (if no other team volunteers to do it.)

Is every single player required to do 'x' hours of interview per season or what is the metric for that?

Donn2390

Reaction score
Kixkahn":2az4128i said:
There is absolutely no reason to HAVE to talk to the media, this is stupid. I understand if it was the coach but not a player. Goodell wanting more control again.
That has always been in every players contract. They don't have to talk to the media if they don't want to, just don't sign your contract..!! Pretty simple.
Speaking to the media IS speaking to the fans, the media don't write those stories for themselves...

willyum

Reaction score
Donn2390":1j8uw706 said:
Kixkahn":1j8uw706 said:
There is absolutely no reason to HAVE to talk to the media, this is stupid. I understand if it was the coach but not a player. Goodell wanting more control again.
That has always been in every players contract. They don't have to talk to the media if they don't want to, just don't sign your contract..!! Pretty simple.
Speaking to the media IS speaking to the fans, the media don't write those stories for themselves...

Get outta here with this "its in his contract" argument. This is Lynch's 7th season, hes always been known to avoid the media its just the type of person he is. But before this Lynch was on teams that were not very good and now that he's the starter on the No. 1 seed, the league feels like they need to fine him. It's horsesh1t. I guarantee you there are a large number of players in the league who do not talk to the media. But since its the nationally recognized Beast Mode, the narcissistic scumbag named Goodell feels like he needs to go take control the only way he knows how.

Oh, and apparently Lynch not speaking to the media is more serious than Meriweather's illegal hit on Eddie Lacy. Meriweather was fined $42k for a serious issue the league keeps warning him not to do. Lynch deserves a bigger fine than him apparently. COME ON, MAAN

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I'm still interested to know if any other NFL player was fined.

He cant be the only NFL player who didnt talk to the media this year.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
There are aspects of my job that I do not enjoy, but I do them anyway.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2oqwliuy said:
Money well spent! Goodells clown posse looking for anything to rattle the Seahawks now! How many other players got a similar spanking?
Rog is worried about crap like this (and uniform infractions like the wrong color shoes) while ignoring his ongoing "officiating problem". That's the ultimate example of micromanaging. ....and some wonder why I hate Rog Goodell so much?!?!?!

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
This is so anti American..... pisses me off to no end. Part of freedom of speech is the freedom to not speak. Total BS

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3qreg0n0 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3qreg0n0 said:
Why raise a collection for a multi millionaire who has been fined 1% of his salary because he chose not to speak to the media (and therefore the fans) at least one time this season?

Speaking to the media is part of the job. It's not like Seattle's press give anyone a hard time.

I know you Brits are naturally predisposed to being gloomy negative Nancy's, but really? Lol. Stop being so serious. Of course this is ridiculous.

I'd argue I'm taking the positive outlook. It's a total non-story.

The players have to speak to the media. It's not exactly the biggest challenge, talking to the local press. One 2-3 minute conference all season from Lynch would've saved him from a 1% salary fine.

Instead he has to pay.

All the outrage over this is silly. It's Marshawn's own fault and he'll have no issue affording the fine.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Donn2390":2l3nx1nl said:
Kixkahn":2l3nx1nl said:

I don't know how others feel but to me actions speak louder than words.... and Marshawn is the loudest person on the team and maybe even the NFL! He writes stories every game by ripping off peoples heads... His effort is unmatched...

The Radish

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":20jz5xf1 said:
This is so anti American..... pisses me off to no end. Part of freedom of speech is the freedom to not speak. Total BS

You don't have freedom of speech while in the NFL pure and simple. If you don't like that then don't sign multiple million dollar contracts.

Problem solved.

If not, shup up and either pay the fines or do the time. I think the last running allowed to not talk to the media was Duane Thomas. At least I think that was his name. Lots of talk about it then but no fine. Looks like they solved that problem in contracts.

:les:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":16qcrr0f said:

Yet another example of someone not understanding what free speech covers.....and what it doesnt.

253hawk

Reaction score
Someone just make Lynch an app for his phone so that all he has to do when the media asks him all of their lame-o cliche questions is just press a response and have it played back.

Or just reply to everything with "BEAST MODE!" Then what. The NFL will start fining him for not being articulate enough? Wouldn't surprise me in the Goodell era.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
I would happily contribute so I don't have to listen to him. Leave the talking to those who are actually intelligible.

Lynch is very eloquent on the field. That's all I care about.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
LMAO. Every answer BEAST MODE now that would be awesome and make for 1 Million plus hits on youtube!

djb28

Reaction score
You guys are going to pitch in to pay a fine for a man who makes Millions?
I will keep my cash, Thanks. They know all the rules , including talking to media. His choice to speak or not.
I do think it is bogus, But not my problem.

seacards12

Reaction score
It's in his contract, plain and simple. However, 50k seems incredibly steep. How much was the fine in 2002?

253hawk

Reaction score
Randy Moss was fined 25K once.

It's still just a stupid, stupid, greedy-ass rule. My detestment for Goodell knows no bounds.

Donn2390

Reaction score
willyum":27bcwwx8 said:
Donn2390":27bcwwx8 said:
Kixkahn":27bcwwx8 said:

Get outta here with this "its in his contract" argument. This is Lynch's 7th season, hes always been known to avoid the media its just the type of person he is. But before this Lynch was on teams that were not very good and now that he's the starter on the No. 1 seed, the league feels like they need to fine him. It's horsesh1t. I guarantee you there are a large number of players in the league who do not talk to the media. But since its the nationally recognized Beast Mode, the narcissistic scumbag named Goodell feels like he needs to go take control the only way he knows how.

Oh, and apparently Lynch not speaking to the media is more serious than Meriweather's illegal hit on Eddie Lacy. Meriweather was fined $42k for a serious issue the league keeps warning him not to do. Lynch deserves a bigger fine than him apparently. COME ON, MAAN
If it wasn't in his contract, which I repeat is in every player, every coach's contract, he couldn't be fined..!!

Latest posts