Skip Bayless Rips Seahawks apart

HawkWow

Reaction score
My gawdddd. It sux to be Bayless.

Make no mistake, Bayless is an educated man and has a very good grasp on sports as a whole. I find it crazy that he would make such comments without a producer in his ear telling him..."look dipshit..just do the story as we hand it to you". He must surely get tired of playing the role of ESPN STOOGE.

The only time this Hawk team is going to have difficulty scoring is right now. When our offence has to play against our defense. I'm not even going to hold such commentary against Bayless anymore. It's now more clear than ever that the guy is forced to report such satire. "Wilson will be no better this year than last". C'mon. Who in their right mind would make such a statement? He's simply being controversial. If it were anything else, he'd be committed and put on Thorazine for the rest of his life. Don't take him too deep.

drdiags

Reaction score
It must pain Skip to have to even have to talk about the Seahawks. No matter how outlandish he gets, he just doesn't get the numbers versus giving the Cowboys/NY Giants or Eagles some of his vitriol. That is why he latches on to Tebow. He needs lightening rods to continue his appeal across the nation. Folks claim to dislike him but they cannot look away. Since First Take has been on the air, I can count on one hand how often I have watched it.

Bayless doesn't need me and I have no use for him. He gets richer, I just read about him whenever one of our fans gets pissed at him.

CoolRodney

Reaction score
I used to start my mornings watching Skip and it just ruined my day. Now I just watch the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" and things have been a lot better.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CoolRodney":2rxq0plf said:
I used to start my mornings watching Skip and it just ruined my day. Now I just watch the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" and things have been a lot better.

That is a good ass way to start of the day.

CPHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1p61bpv3 said:
CPHawk":1p61bpv3 said:
The bum in Portland that Terrance Jones kicked, is better at life than Skip.

What about Terrance Jones - is he better too?

No, Terrance is rich, but he sucks at life. He needs someone to smack him upside the head and teach him to be a decent human.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CoolRodney":1u1qnpb0 said:

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a coworker last week. I got very annoyed with someone and watched the clip on YouTube of Tony Soprano strangling Ralph Cifaretto to death, and it was very therapeutic. :devil:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1uplizfd said:
Skip Bayless is very very good at his job. I am actually impressed even though I disagree with him 99.99999999% of the times.
IF Skip is wrong 99.99999999% of the time, how can he be good at his job?, sounds kind of like an oxymoron, or should I say 'SkippyMoron'.
Honest truth, I went to the linky gig and it wouldn't let me on board to read any of his drivel,,Said something to the effect, that there's a possible virus in there, and it struck me in the back of my on-lookers, that of course it does, I mean after all, if Skip Bayless is on the dither end of that shit stick, there's bound to be a virus there. :17:

kobebryant

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2kyj3pwt said:
SeahawksFanForever":2kyj3pwt said:
Skip Bayless is very very good at his job. I am actually impressed even though I disagree with him 99.99999999% of the times.
IF Skip is wrong 99.99999999% of the time, how can he be good at his job?, sounds kind of like an oxymoron, or should I say 'SkippyMoron'.
Honest truth, I went to the linky gig and it wouldn't let me on board to read any of his drivel,,Said something to the effect, that there's a possible virus in there, and it struck me in the back of my on-lookers, that of course it does, I mean after all, if Skip Bayless is on the dither end of that shit stick, there's bound to be a virus there. :17:

I don't like him either. But if his job is to stir the pot and generate reactions, then he is very good at his job. Now, if we are judging his quality as a journalist - he is horrible, though at one point he was a respectable journalist who has obviously sold his soul.

Its like saying an odd maker isn't good at their job if their line for the game is way off from the final score. They don't set lines to be right, they set lines to generate even action on both sides (49ers at Hawks back in Dec wouldn't have generated even action if the Hawks had been favoured by 25 even though they would have been fairly accurate). Skip isn't trying to be right, he is trying to be a jerk.

And it is too bad because I have always enjoyed Screamin' Stephen.

olyfan63

Reaction score
"Skip is better at trolling than you."
As in, he gets paid for it.

5 pages of "reaction", pretty damn good, Skip! The man is an actor playing a part for a media whose job is to trigger us into getting emotionally involved and paying attention to them.
If you really hate Skip, as other suggest, punish him by *ignoring* him.
Personally, I find him amusing and a good actor and to have above average football knowledge compared to other national media guys. Not that "above average" is saying much with that crowd.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
"I would rather eat fish eyes than see Seattle's Seahawks in my beloved Super Bowl. The Sea-frauds have had the luckiest road to the Super Bowl this side of a fast food contest winner. I'm convinced they're the destiny-driven product of the NFL's easiest schedule and weakest division, the NFC West.

If this Seahawks team were still in the AFC West, it wouldn't have made the playoffs, let alone have won a bye week and home-field advantage all the way to the Super Bowl.

I'm sorry, but the Emerald City has a cubic zirconia football team."

This was post earlier in the thread, and I'm reposting because it spurs further thought. This was when Skip was pretty much a no name, so I'm wondering if this was scripted, or was this his original material that got him noticed by the network and established his role. What I'm getting at is maybe the horse came first, then the network quickly attached their wagon.

I don't think everything Skip says is directed by the network. He probably gets a general role of say 'play the bad guy when speaking of Seattle,' then he has plenty of flexibility to accomplish that. Probably the reason he's clutch in that role is because he genuinely does not like the team. It's like Bobby Engram on third down... Who do you go to when you want to bash the Seahawks.. why your clutch player of course.

Largent80

Reaction score
This guy is the Howard Stern of sports.

Just laugh and know that whatever comes out of his anus / mouth is the same as the other hole.