Site Redesign

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it sounds to me like the overall consensus is to keep the general look and feel but update the masthead graphic by adding feathers and other elements that speak to the current look of the team.

Infamous425

Reaction score
i like it mostly the way it is. one thing i would change is the blue bar between each post to be darker blue with carbon fiber pattern (like the helmet)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":q07l4lu7 said:
Well it sounds to me like the overall consensus is to keep the general look and feel but update the masthead graphic by adding feathers and other elements that speak to the current look of the team.

Plus a boring white theme, please; you can name it "Work Mode". :lol:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
just messing around I threw this together real quick, with lettering sort of like the jersey numbers/similar to the idea I used for my sigs.

Not sure who would be making an updated logo, but if you're using photoshop I have a brush i can send you that stamps the feather shape.

Netlogo zps30deabe8

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The font of the giant "SEAHAWKS.NET" in that is really unreadable for being so huge, lol. I do like the textured/feathered base of it, though. I think the current bird part of the banner on top of the site is awesome as-is, though.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I visit a few other message boards and .Net is the best, mostly for it's ease of use and viewing. If there are any changes, I'd suggest keeping it simple.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How about something like this?

newnet.jpg

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You may not want to give out your private Gmail address in that screenshot, Todd. ;) I dig the background feathering, but the name is a bit plain, IMO.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
HEy Aros, there are elements of it I like but The "chrome" letters seems very 1997. Keep it simple and ditch the netscape gif mode... - just my opinion but mostly everything you have done up to date has been fantastic...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. Come get me I say!! ;)

I like the simple font style to the name myself but what would you recommend?

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":20c2pjmg said:
just messing around I threw this together real quick, with lettering sort of like the jersey numbers/similar to the idea I used for my sigs.

Not sure who would be making an updated logo, but if you're using photoshop I have a brush i can send you that stamps the feather shape.

Netlogo zps30deabe8

Hey HawknBalls, I really like this direction but is it me or does the lettering remind you of the new Vikings lettering..... just a thought..;)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RynoHawk":377b1ubk said:
HEy Aros, there are elements of it I like but The "chrome" letters seems very 1997. Keep it simple and ditch the netscape gif mode... - just my opinion but mostly everything you have done up to date has been fantastic...

I take offense! I love chrome! :lol:

Then again I love 1997. I had hair then!

What do you mean netscape gif mode??

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, there's something about the font coloring/texturing, maybe even the font choice itself to a degree too, that makes me think "GeoCities 1998!"

Not to pee in your Cheerios, or anything.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
chris98251":szleaqur said:
The color scheme as it is allows you to read easily and not get so much eye strain or blinded by contrast which is great considering how many sights use extreme color schemes and makes you want to get sunglasses or lazik surgery after going there, a more subtle scheme also allows for longer reading times since you are able to spend more time looking at threads without getting strained. I'm sure the MODS appreciate it as well.
At this stage in my life I need reading glasses. Speaking only for myself, this current color scheme strains my eyes. I need more contrast if I want less strain.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I got through the first page but don't have the time right now to read the rest but I will say this.

What we have now is easy on the eyes and EASY to read.

So many sites I visit may be the team colors but are so darn hard to read because of similar colored backgrounds and text, etc. it just makes you never want to go back.

I like the idea of adding the feathers somewhere, maybe horizontally between posts?

I also would like to see this (every) years schedule at the top of every page like it was last year as a standard from year to year with the W/L marked on games under our belt. (W/L not done last year if memory serves me right)

Stay with the team colors, maybe add some more green.

Keep one thing in mind, if it ain't broke, dint fix it, just maintain it.

You guys are doing a great job here and I would like to thank you for all your hard work and look forward to whatever you decide to do.

GO HAWKS!!!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Aros":25v0gsc7 said:
I like the feathers in the background better than in the foreground.

What color is this font? I like the darker blue, but it seems like there's less contrast.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1v13ovx0 said:
RynoHawk":1v13ovx0 said:

I take offense! I love chrome! :lol:

Then again I love 1997. I had hair then!

What do you mean netscape gif mode??

just an attempt at humor. I really like it but as we designers know, we follow the rule of KISS = Keep It Simple Silly *edited for non shack*

I like the feather and newer elements added to represent our new team and the foreshadowing of the many superbowls that we are going to win..