Site Redesign

Riley12

Reaction score
Ahhhh! No! Change bad!!!

The site looks great, as is, on my Commodore 64.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the site looks good as-is. I've never once come on here and thought that the design needed work.

If anything, you could try some new mastheads that are more in-line with the current team designs, but as for the colors, buttons, etc...there isn't a real reason to change it other than "we just feel like it". I don't think change for the sake of change is necessary. It works, and works well, and you risk losing that.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I love the darker tone of dot net, especially after browsing around all these damn bright ass sites. If you do end up "updating" the theme, I say keep it easy on the eyes.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Dont change the white text on dark background thing. Thats pretty to look at. There should probably be a little bit of the feather thing incorporated to better represent who the team is now, but its not the end of the world if it doesnt change...

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I think im in the group of if it ain't broke don't mess. What I will say is that no matter what I us smartphone tablet or comp this site comes off very well and have had none seahawk fans tell me. That they wish there sites where as easy to get around and see as are beautiful site is.

LOL however I would like to see the schedule back up there that really helped with wins and loses. And the banner to the page go nuts you won't here a grip from me. Hell im even down with feathers. But I will tell u this the design team here has fans that aren't even team fans for sometime.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think the native american feather design is a must. I'd also like to see the grey incorporated more. I think the site is easy on the eyes but at the same time blue is diffident from 99% of other sites it is obvious to my wife and co-workers when I'm on the site.

I like the eye and the est 1998 part but we have new colors and new uniforms and I think incorporating those has to happen at some point why not sooner than later.

A

Anonymous

Three things that others have also advanced:

Just. Add. Feathers.

Site is perfect already, and change might upset what has grown to be a balance of color tones. Simply turning some of the straight lines/borders into rows of the accent feathers (perhaps in wolf gray) would be exactly the freshness you seek.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'm all for darkening the background to navy.

Go nuts!
Just like the jerseys, people will like it eventually.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Not sure how you can improve on perfection.... This site is perfect and yes easy on the eye, etc.... Like the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it"..... Just my take on the world of .Net :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having other templates to choose between for the forum look. There's no reason the forum has to be locked into one specific look, PHPBB supports themes that every individual user can switch between. I think the banner's pretty good as-is, however. It could probably stand to be a little thinner/smaller as it takes up a pretty good chunk of space on my crappy 1280X1024 resolution monitors at work, though. ;)

As some others have said, the current one is pretty easy on the eyes already; and I do like it. I do have to wonder, however, what a theme might look like with a black background, but a lot of Seahawks highlights?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I also think the site looks great as is, probably one of the most attractive forums on the internet.

I wouldn't mind adding the feathers like others have said, maybe you could use them as borders?

As long as you keep the dark blue background and white text, I'm happy with it.

Uthawk

Reaction score
Personally, I think white text on a dark background is hard on the eyes in general. It isn't too bad with the navy and white, but I still prefer to read on tapatalk.

The green is definitely my biggest complaint with the current color scheme and being hard on the eyes.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3h4cjov6 said:
I wouldn't mind having other templates to choose between for the forum look. There's no reason the forum has to be locked into one specific look, PHPBB supports themes that every individual user can switch between. I think the banner's pretty good as-is, however. It could probably stand to be a little thinner/smaller as it takes up a pretty good chunk of space on my crappy 1280X1024 resolution monitors at work, though. ;)

As some others have said, the current one is pretty easy on the eyes already; and I do like it. I do have to wonder, however, what a theme might look like with a black background, but a lot of Seahawks highlights?

Yeah, it'd be dope if there was like an "office camouflage" theme, because as someone else mentioned; there's no passing off .net as anything else. If there was an option to make the forum look like MS Word, that'd be awesome!