Since we drafted Wilson I've been hoping to see this play...

IrishNW

Reaction score
Here's the twist, we have ran this play. It didn't work but we did run it. Can you guess which game it was?

stonewallj799

Reaction score
I was at that game where he got the TD from it. Ironically the running back throwing him the ball is Montee Ball, Denvers second string running back. They also did it again in the Big Ten Championship game. Not a TD but huge gain. Would be pretty sweet to pull it off in the super bowl.

Starts at 1:13 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaCk5Fnnqk0

Also if you watch the rest of the highlight clip you will see Russell working his magic in a game Wisconsin was down two scores at the start of the second half.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
SeahawksMSHing":z2yqlrvf said:
Lynch can throw it, watch him in warm ups, he winds up a bit but he can throw. Tate actually has a very good arm - he was a baseball player and again watch him in warm ups. He aims it too much but he can throw...

What does the word aim mean in this context? I have read in several threads that aiming too much when throwing seems to be something bad, but not sure what it means. Of course I know of aim as in trying to hit something, but i have a hard time trying to hit would be a bad thing when throwing? Maybe if you are trying so much it messes up your mechanics, but not sure how that would be visible to others that the gu8y is trying to hard and that its not just bad mechanics?

Please enlighten me :D

uncle fester

Reaction score
I seem to recall the Broncos DID run this play in SBXXII against the Redskins. It worked. Elway caught a 23 yarder that set up a field goal to take them into a 10 - 0 lead.

And then they lost 42 - 10.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
muxpux":2miysal6 said:
mike rob. does EVERYONE forget he was qb at Penn St.??

The issue with this is that it would be too obvious. When has anyone--ever--run a toss sweep with their FB? On a side note, I'm sure he has, but I don't remember MikeRob getting a single carry this year.