Simon waived / Tukuafu Re-signed

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Mojambo":3vshny6p said:
I see no reason to celebrate the fact that the coaching staff was unable to tap into his considerable talent. But whatever, people around here need that whipping boy, it seems. Wonder who's up next? I'm guessing Procise or Ifedi (if his ankle injury lingers)

:ditto:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2a59c4pz said:
Let's make sure we shit on the guy on his way out of town. That seems to important around here.
No kidding!

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1vev3bgp said:
Hawknballs":1vev3bgp said:
can someone tell me why we kept simon but let Burley go?

Maybe I'm an idiot, and maybe he's not a pro-bowler, but Burley always seemed pretty decent to me as a depth guy since he got here. Now he's in cleveland.

Burley was waived with injury settlement, so apparently Hawks felt his health was a factor. Not all medical staffs have the same evaluations.

Sounds like Simon's own knee injury contributed to his release as well.
So many peeps around here choose to ignore the fact that Burley was waived, INJURED.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dogorama":2vjff808 said:
Tukuafu is a response to wanting to get more out of the run game.

The dude has come and went so many times that I can actually pronounce his name now.
I noticed at least one pass to the flat last game that had FB written all over it, NOT tiny WR.

Vetamur

Reaction score
dogorama":28sbcq8t said:
Glasgow Seahawk":28sbcq8t said:
Just annoyed that we cit Burley initially and kept Simon. Would still like Burley around.

Excellent point, particularly seeing that DB'S brought in from outside don't typically do well here.

Burley was brought in from outside....

Vetamur

Reaction score
Good luck to Simon.. hoping at some point he puts it all together and it comes together for him. Just not against us.

dogorama

Reaction score
Vetamur":17ojdqm7 said:
dogorama":17ojdqm7 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":17ojdqm7 said:
Just annoyed that we cit Burley initially and kept Simon. Would still like Burley around.

Excellent point, particularly seeing that DB'S brought in from outside don't typically do well here.

Burley was brought in from outside....

That's true but he spent almost no time on an active roster anywhere else. He spent two full years here and had time to learn the Seahawk's technique.

I'm not saying that someone from the outside can't make it here, but they have had problems picking up our technique and scheme.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sorry I can't feel bad for a player that had so many chances and did so little.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Simon had potential that was never realized as he couldn't stay healthy.

I suspect he was still not full speed and ran out of time or exhausted the patience of the coaching staff.

I think he's done here and won't be back. I wish him good luck and hope he can figure out why he can't stay healthy.

hawk45

Reaction score
seabowl":2l3mmld9 said:
LeftHandSmoke":2l3mmld9 said:
at http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seaha ... -than-him/
--
Seahawks cut the player Richard Sherman predicted would be better than him

You know Sherman was lying because Sherm really believes nobody is better than him (and he's probably right).

The things coaches and players said about Simon always struck me as transparent ego-builders, the kind that you usually see for fragile players who are down on themselves and need public therapy. At least, that was the best explanation I have for the bouquets thrown at Simon which were far out of proportion to any contribution he ever made on the field. If on the field play was any indicator, Burley should have gotten more hype.

But whatever, they fell in love with Simon's athletic profile and tried to fix his head and hoped he'd stay healthy, it didn't work. Their magic touch seems to be alive and well with Shead and Lane. They could play half as well as they did against Miami and I'd be thrilled.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Hawknballs":dnenijlw said:

Maybe I'm an idiot, and maybe he's not a pro-bowler, but Burley always seemed pretty decent to me as a depth guy since he got here. Now he's in cleveland.

Yes, I'm mystified as well. Simon hasn't looked good for a while, and his antics hurt the team. Burley seemed solid as a backup. Ah, well...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seymour":2ztcm9ma said:
Hawkstorian":2ztcm9ma said:
Let's make sure we shit on the guy on his way out of town. That seems to important around here.

The guy was huge in flushing a superbowl. That and always hurt and yappin and gettin flagged will bring you no going away parties.

I agree with the first guy, but I'll say that he did play a big part in us losing that SB.

I've always liked Tuk so I have no problem with this move.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2eub7j9j said:

Consider he was inactive in the super bowl against NE and then didn't make the roster this year.

We don't get to see or know all that the FO does and there is alot that goes into team chemistry and trusting that a player will make smart decisions on and off the field. Each roster spot is crucial and even Harvin like Talent cannot sometimes overcome the potential negatives we fans don't see.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Mojambo":3vx0u370 said:
I see no reason to celebrate the fact that the coaching staff was unable to tap into his considerable talent.

I'm not sure there was much evidence of this "considerable talent" that we often heard about. He was raw CB who fell to the 5th round despite there being a premium on height. In preseason action, he struggled mightily. In the Super Bowl, he was almost certainly the worst player on the field.

Unless size equates to talent, I'm not convinced there was much for the coaching staff to tap into. How can any of us say he was talented? I certainly never saw that on display. Maybe a change of scenery and the LSU crew in Arizona will help him.