Simon waived / Tukuafu Re-signed

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2qoxeufi said:
MontanaHawk05":2qoxeufi said:
Shead and Lane made a great case for themselves, but given that even a 4-2-5 needs some depth, I'm kinda surprised Simon didn't stick.

Also happy to see Tukuafu return. Underrated lead blocker.

I can't view posts directly from twitter on .net so excuse me if someone already posted it but they did sign CB Neiko Thorpe who is tall & lengthy and can play STs.
Yes according to a tweet by Crabtree above.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We speculated Tukuafu would be back after Week 1 now that his salary is no longer guaranteed. Glad that happened. That should help the run game a little bit.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
can someone tell me why we kept simon but let Burley go?

Maybe I'm an idiot, and maybe he's not a pro-bowler, but Burley always seemed pretty decent to me as a depth guy since he got here. Now he's in cleveland.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I bet pretty much everyone celebrating in this thread would have reacted the same way had Seattle cut Justin Britt before training camp.

I see no reason to celebrate the fact that the coaching staff was unable to tap into his considerable talent. But whatever, people around here need that whipping boy, it seems. Wonder who's up next? I'm guessing Procise or Ifedi (if his ankle injury lingers)

I don't think Simon will be unemployed long. And I do think there's a decent chance he figures it out somewhere else.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure of the logic here in dancing on his grave.

He looked bad in some games, but I don't understand revelling in someone losing a piece of their dream.

And it would have been much better if he had ended up working out for us, we need the depth.

I hope he catches on with someone.

It would be nice to see him live up to the potential that everyone saw in him.

Whatever it was that tanked his play, for a while he was good for us. Maybe somewhere else he can realize that again.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":v2nlvcj0 said:
Let's make sure we shit on the guy on his way out of town. That seems to important around here.

The guy was huge in flushing a superbowl. That and always hurt and yappin and gettin flagged will bring you no going away parties.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He was injured in that SB and he was going against Tom Brady.

And even so, if our OC is not a complete moron we win that one with a carry by Lynch into the EZ against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.

Blaming Simon for losing that SB is asinine.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Mojambo":rh9iupbg said:
I bet pretty much everyone celebrating in this thread would have reacted the same way had Seattle cut Justin Britt before training camp.

I see no reason to celebrate the fact that the coaching staff was unable to tap into his considerable talent. But whatever, people around here need that whipping boy, it seems. Wonder who's up next? I'm guessing Procise or Ifedi (if his ankle injury lingers)

I don't think Simon will be unemployed long. And I do think there's a decent chance he figures it out somewhere else.

Yes, we should have tried playing him as Thomas' replacement at FS. We gotta figure something out there......... :sarcasm_off:

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":bwzr7qgz said:
Let's make sure we shit on the guy on his way out of town. That seems to important around here.

Right? I bet we have some expert grave spitters among us.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I congratulate him on his Super Bowl ring and wish him the best of health and luck going forward. :irishdrinkers:

hawk45

Reaction score
Fist pumping about the end of the Simon era

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Happy to see Tukuafu back. Tupou wasn't bad but I still see this as an upgrade.

Don't know this Thorpe guy though, is he any good?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Overseasfan":jmi0l777 said:
Happy to see Tukuafu back. Tupou wasn't bad but I still see this as an upgrade.

Don't know this Thorpe guy though, is he any good?
Something from the Seattle Times:

--
Thorpe played a career-high 464 defensive snaps last season for the Raiders and was also on many special teams — the latter likely his most immediate role for the Seahawks. He made two starts and had 40 tackles last season for Oakland.

The 26-year-old is listed at 6-1, 200 pounds and played at Auburn where he was a member of the Cam Newton-led team that won the 2010 national title.
--

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2t869qlc said:

"Fire Bevell!!" Wait, wrong thread?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Some more on Thorpe
--
Neiko Thorpe

That first drive ended in with two straight incompletions; both with Thorpe in tight coverage. The final incompletion was due in part to Ward's pressure, but without tight coverage by Thorpe, it may have resulted in a completion anyway. An example of the synergy between pass rushers and those in the secondary. The first half ended with the Seahawks launching a Hail Mary and Thorpe knocking it down to send the teams to the locker room with a 2-0 Raiders lead.

His final play of the game came on special team. And you could say he save the best for last, considering it was the final play of any consequence in the game. It was George Atkinson's 81-yard touchdown run that would have been stopped short had it not been for Neiko Thorpe racing downfield to lay the key block that allowed Atkinson to go the final stretch for the score. It was a hell of a play by Thorpe which shows the value he holds as a special teamer. And giving up just two catches for a total of 13 yards helps as well.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016 ... e-seahawks

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":37uhmui0 said:

This. :ditto: :sarcasm_off:

I was fan for tharold but injury make him not so good. He good guy and should act him like family had to go but still sad. Don't kick him in balls while he's down.