Should We Trade Michael Bennett?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Not yet. I'd say if he holds out, keep fining him until he shows up.

He signed a contract. He needs to honor his end of the deal. If he becomes a problem or decreases productivity, trade him then

AVL

Reaction score
They should ignore the noise.

As far as the noise, Bennett has simply been questions. He isn't shy.

If it's cool in the locker room, who cares.

Fade

Reaction score
AVL":a3f3gsbe said:
They should ignore the noise.

As far as the noise, Bennett has simply been questions. He isn't shy.

If it's cool in the locker room, who cares.

Yup.

Bennett can whine, but at the end of the day he has no choice but to suit up for the Hawks on his current deal come game 1.

Fade

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan said:
make an example and trade him . no body should want a new contract after one season . two seasons is understandable but one season bro.

trade em for pea nuts /quote]

Ed nortan laptop

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We're not trading him end of story. Methinks he better bring it big time this year if he expects to be here in 2016. He needs to shut up and step up if wants first tier money simple as that. Just "show me" and THEN we'll talk.

Russell is doing that so I'd suggest the same tactic if you think you're all that and a bag of chips.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hey I have no problem with attempting a trade but last season his pay exceeded his play. I don't think we would get much for a guy making that much cash who managed only a couple of stops per game.

endzorn

Reaction score
Seattle can't establish a precedent by renegotiating and there is no way we can get value in return in a trade. We'd take a massive cap hit and then have less talent.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"How can we pay Bennett?"

We already did.

If he wants to skip OTA's thats fine. If he wants to hold out during TC and the preseason, thats his own decision.. if he's all about the money I would imagine he'd hate to be fined quite a bit for holding out.

Basically the stance against this will be the same stance the Vikings have with AD.. if you don't like your contract.. tough s**t.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bennett is one of many players who's going to find that he can't get positional value from a team sporting this many stud players. He's also not the first who's going to ask for a trade because of it. Seattle players are going to have to either leave or get used to enjoying Lombardi trophies as their primary compensation, because we simply cannot hold onto as many All-Pros as we've drafted or acquired. The salary cap prevents it.

And it's a good problem to have.

two dog

Reaction score
To respond to the original question;

No, the Seahawks should not trade him nor do I think they will trade him.

On to the next crisis.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The reason he's bitching is precisely why he won't be traded. He's a decent value. He only signed his contract last year to boot, which gives the team leverage and good credibility.

There's no way in hell you trade him, unless some team offers you a crazy bounty and him a new contract, which is precisely why Bennett is making noise. It's a shot in the dark, but Bennett just realized he might not get another payday opportunity. Can't say I blame him.

cjski

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":181t614p said:
...LMAO at posts asking if WE should trade do this or that with a player. Unless WE just became GM or owner, can WE stop being so delusional?
Stop being pedantic. It is common vernacular used when talking about sports teams you're a fan of. Do you also get angry when players and coaches talk about "our fans"?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
cjski":nqofjpqh said:
HawKnPeppa":nqofjpqh said:
...LMAO at posts asking if WE should trade do this or that with a player. Unless WE just became GM or owner, can WE stop being so delusional?
Stop being pedantic. It is common vernacular used when talking about sports teams you're a fan of. Do you also get angry when players and coaches talk about "our fans"?
You're right but it's not that big of a deal right?

:2:

Welcome to .Net

Hendo66

Reaction score
Dude needs to STFU and honor his contact.
Side note: Bears are desperate for DLine help.

Sac

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2an9iib6 said:
LMAO at posts asking if WE should trade do this or that with a player. Unless WE just became GM or owner, can WE stop being so delusional?

It's a figure of speech like "We won the Super Bowl."

Did we actually play in the game? Obviously not.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Bennett Topic makes me want to chew glass.

Honor the contract YOU JUST SIGNED LAST YEAR DUMMY and then talk turkey.

Last I checked he wasn't throwing QB's down 20 times a season. IF so? Yeah, you have a case. But even then I would still say to honor your damn contract you agreed to last year.

Greed is a side effect of a championship-caliber team. Sigh.

Maulbert

Reaction score
At best, I would rank Michael Bennett as the 8th best/ most important player on this roster ( I'd at least rank Earl, Sherm, Beast Mode, BWags, Kamtrak, DangerRuss and Jimmy ahead of him) . I don't want to trade him, and if he wants to make money, he'll play. I don't think he's earned a raise, especially considering that, while he didn't lose the SB for us, he did seal the loss when he jumped off sides with the Poutriots on the 1/2 yard line. We had an outside shot at a safety, and it was ONLY his fault we didn't get a chance.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... ries/2014/
Fade":3oyyk0mf said:
No.

Rhetorically should the Vikings trade AP? No because it is impossible to get equal value.

Moses Bread led the league or was among the league leaders in pressures, if he is traded the Seahawks would be a worse football team.
actually he was 25th.
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... ries/2014/

But I don't believe we cod trade him. His salary is already to high for his production and he is malcontent. As long as he shows up and plays hard I don't care about the rest though. He needs to have a better season before he demands more money though.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Trading Bennett makes absolutely no sense.

We've got him on a bargain-type contract.

Why give that advantage up?... just because he's got buyer's remorse?

Welcome to the real world, Michael.... suck it up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
farhat":1jo13l29 said:
Bennett says he wants to be paid like a top 8 player at his position. That means he wants $11 million, which is what Calais Campbell makes. Bennett currently makes $7.125 million. Getting Bennett up to $11 million would make him the 3rd highest paid player on our roster after Sherman and Lynch. He would be getting paid more than Earl Thomas and Jimmy Graham.

Bennett is insane.

Bennett wants money.. how is that insane?