Should trading back into the 1st round be a consideration?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1llo4fau said:
Given the realities of our available trade resources, maybe the more pertinent question is whether a trade that moves us into position for a second second rounder is a consideration.
That would be very cool to somehow get another 2nd rounder. Even a 3rd.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1rxmpnae said:
bestfightstory":1rxmpnae said:
Given the realities of our available trade resources, maybe the more pertinent question is whether a trade that moves us into position for a second second rounder is a consideration.
That would be very cool to somehow get another 2nd rounder. Even a 3rd.

Now THAT is a much more reasonable conversation. As I outlined above, getting back in to the 1st Round would be an expensive venture. The #32 pick is worth 590 points, so in order to do that it would cost the Seahawks the following picks in this year's draft ...

2(56) 340 points
3(87) 155 points
4(122) 50 points
5(133) 39.5 points
Grand Total ... 584.5 Points (5.5 Points shy -- but do-able with a 7th thrown in as well) to get close.

I just don't see Schneider and Carroll going that route. There's bold ... and then there's foolish and to me that kind of a move would be more of the latter IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":8u78rpur said:
I honestly don't think so. HawkWOW asked that very question in relation to Sheldon Richardson, wondering if trading back in to the 1st Round would be a possibility in order to get him. I explored that idea, thinking myself that might be a possibility. Here is what I wrote regarding that ...

The latest projections have Sheldon Richardson going somewhere around the 18th Pick in the Draft. That's probably about right that he will go somewhere in there. According to Jimmy Johnson's Point Value Chart, the 18th Pick is worth 900 points. So, what would it take for the Seahawks to get up to #18 to select him?

Seahawks 2013 Draft remaining draft picks
2(56) 340 points
3(87) 155 points
4(122) 50 points
5(133) 39.5 points
5(153) 30.2 points
6(186) 17 points
7(200) 11.4 points
7(206) 9 points
Grand Total ... 652.1 Points (short 247.9 Points)

So, even if the Hawks were to pull a Mike Ditka and trade every single last remaining pick they have this year, they STILL couldn't get up in to that range. [The closest they could get if they were to trade everything this year would be to #28 ... which is worth 660 Points]

But, let's say for some miracle that Richardson somehow slips down to #32 (not going to happen, but just for the exercise of it let's say that he does). The #32 Pick is worth 590 Points. That's a little more reasonable. Still, even in that scenario it would take the Seahawks ...

2(56) 340 points
3(87) 155 points
4(122) 50 points
5(133) 39.5 points
Grand Total ... 584.5 Points (5.5 Points shy -- but do-able with a 7th thrown in as well) to get close. So, unless they want to start mining from the 2014 draft even more (which I agree COULD happen, but I think it less likely.) it's probably not going to happen. I just don't see it at this point.

Thanks for posting this. Sobering.

Latest posts