Seahawks way too early 2024 three round mock draft

Chevy

Reaction score
I have been looking at some of the 2024 NFL draft prospects, so I thought I would put out a Seahawks 3 round mock draft. All these players are draft eligible for the 2024 draft. I think the Seahawks will be a good playoff team this season, so I have them with the #27 pick in the 1st round.

1st round #27 - (DT/DE) Leonard Taylor 6'3" 305 lbs., Miami:
Taylor is an athletic DT that can disrupt plays in the backfield. He is a former 5-star recruit coming out of high school. He is raw as a pass rusher, but he has high upside.

2nd round #59 - (QB) Jordan Travis 6'1" 212 lbs., Florida State: Travis is a duel-threat QB. He was the highest ranked QB in the ACC by PFF last year. Travis has a lot of playing experience which is obvious looking at his stats. In 35 games he has totaled 5,888 yards passing and 1,734 yards rushing.

3rd round #83 (from Broncos) - (ILB) Curtis Jacobs 6'1" 235 lbs., Penn State: Jacobs looks to have good size and athleticism. He was a 4-star recruit coming out of high school. He would probably have a chance to start as a rookie.

3rd round #90 - (TE) Erick All 6'5" 255 lbs., Iowa: Erick is like a "bull in a china shop" with the ball in his hands. He is a older prospect. He played 4 years at Michigan and transferred to Iowa for this upcoming season. We don't have any TEs under contract next year, so Erick could be a good target in the middle rounds of the draft.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Boy, Travis is fun to watch... wow. I also like Jaylon Daniels at QB. It will be interesting to see how the college QB draft class shakes out this year. A lot of talent at that position that could make a big leap, including Van Dyke at Miami, Cam Ward, etc.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Gotta say if Travis looks any better this year, I don't think he'd make it to the 2nd round. I can see 9 QB needy teams trying to get their "franchise QB" in the 2024 draft, other than the Hawks.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Gotta say if Travis looks any better this year, I don't think he'd make it to the 2nd round. I can see 9 QB needy teams trying to get their "franchise QB" in the 2024 draft, other than the Hawks.
I agree. But at this point I haven't seen him projected as a 1st or even a 2nd round prospect. Although I do like him better than some of the projected 1st round QBs.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I wonder how well Darnell Washington is doing at Pittsburgh? I still wish we could have taken him.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I wonder how well Darnell Washington is doing at Pittsburgh? I still wish we could have taken him.
I have read that he looks good at blocking and is promising as a receiving TE. So the 3rd round seems about right to where he was drafted.

There are a couple players that everyone wishes we had drafted, I have players as well but its too early for a Do-Over 2023 Draft.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Boy, Travis is fun to watch... wow. I also like Jaylon Daniels at QB. It will be interesting to see how the college QB draft class shakes out this year. A lot of talent at that position that could make a big leap, including Van Dyke at Miami, Cam Ward, etc.
Here's my take on the 2024 QB class:

QB1- Caleb Williams, special. A virtual lock to be the #1 pick. Future franchise QB.

QB2- Drake Maye, has a chance to be very good.

QB3- Michael Penix, the injury history will surely scare some teams off. But if he's able to stay healthy, he should be in the running for the Heisman. Draft Projection: Round 2-4

The top two guys standout by themselves.

I view Travis, Daniels & Ward as more mid-late round QB's. They will need to make significant jumps this year.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Here's my take on the 2024 QB class:

QB1- Caleb Williams, special. A virtual lock to be the #1 pick. Future franchise QB.

QB2- Drake Maye, I think he's a little overrated by some. But he will be picked early in the 1st Round.

QB3- Michael Penix, the injury history will surely scare some teams off. But if he's able to stay healthy, he should be in the running for the Heisman. I see him as a likely Day two pick.

The top two guys standout by themselves. Both will be taken very high.

Joe Milton is a name to watch. Is someone whose stock could be on the rise. He has all the measurables & the type of arm that scouts fall in love with. Similar to Anthony Richardson this past year.

I view Travis, Daniels & Ward as more mid-late round QB's. They will need to make significant jumps this year.
I’m trying to remember a qb that ran that offense in college, who became decent in the nfl. To me Penix is just like Andre aware and every QB out of Leachs teams.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I’m trying to remember a qb that ran that offense in college, who became decent in the nfl. To me Penix is just like Andre aware and every QB out of Leachs teams.
That's fair.

Teams will surely take that into consideration. The two biggest concerns with him are his mechanics & durability.

There just aren’t a ton of legit NFL quality prospects after Caleb & Drake Maye. Riley Leonard might be that next guy that scouts become enamored with.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
That's fair.

Teams will surely take that into consideration. The two biggest concerns with him are his mechanics & durability.

There just aren’t a ton of legit NFL quality prospects after Caleb & Drake Maye. Riley Leonard might be that next guy that scouts become enamored with.
I really liked Maye last year. I was surprised he stayed another year. Hope it doesn’t bite him in the butt.

Also, you still have Tyler Van Dyke, who Cristobal took from a late 1-2 round pick, to a guy we could snag late.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I really liked Maye last year. I was surprised he stayed another year. Hope it doesn’t bite him in the butt.

Also, you still have Tyler Van Dyke, who Cristobal took from a late 1-2 round pick, to a guy we could snag late.
I'm less enthusiastic about Van Dyke. There are several guys this year who fit that profile (mid-late round prospects) with not a ton of upside. Quinn Ewers, McCarthy, Nix, etc.

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
I'm less enthusiastic about Van Dyke. There are several guys this year who fit that profile (mid-late round prospects) with not a ton of upside. Quinn Ewers, McCarthy, Nix, etc.
Nix is 24 ild rather look younger. Why would you say McCarthy & Ewers don't have have a ton of upside? Ewers only turns 21 the month before the draft, if he improves his accuracy he could be a stud, reminds me of Josh Allen. McCarthy already runs a pro Offense to perfection (besides the TCU game) these 2 have a ton of upside in the pros. Just look what Anthony Richardson is becoming.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Nix is 24 ild rather look younger. Why would you say McCarthy & Ewers don't have have a ton of upside? Ewers only turns 21 the month before the draft, if he improves his accuracy he could be a stud, reminds me of Josh Allen. McCarthy already runs a pro Offense to perfection (besides the TCU game) these 2 have a ton of upside in the pros. Just look what Anthony Richardson is becoming.
Ewers, I've watched extensive film on him going back to last season. His play has been inconsistent the last two years. That's a very honest take. Fwiw, he's nothing like Josh Allen. He's a much smaller build (6'2" 195 Lbs).

McCarthy is an interesting prospect. But he doesn't have the arm or the physical tools of a guy like Richardson. That's frankly an odd comparison to come up with.

In my eyes, neither guy is a 1st round talent. Fwiw I typically have a pretty good feel for these things.

Williams & Maye are the only two QB's at the moment, who are legit day one guys.

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
Ewers, I've watched extensive film on him going back to last season. His play has been inconsistent the last two years. That's a very honest take. Fwiw, he's nothing like Josh Allen. He's a much smaller build (6'2" 195 Lbs).

McCarthy is an interesting prospect. But he doesn't have the arm or the physical tools of a guy like Richardson. That's frankly an odd comparison to come up with.

In my eyes, neither guy is a 1st round talent. Fwiw I typically have a pretty good feel for these things.

Williams & Maye are the only two QB's at the moment, who are legit day one guys.
Well Ewers is playing @ 6'3" 210lbs. I'm not saying h is Josh Allen, but if u really have watched his games u see a strong resemblance.
Wasn't compairing Richardson to McCarthy, more Ewers in they both struggle with Accuracy.
McCarthy is his own animal, if u don't see it then I can't help you. Dude is deadly accurate, smart with the ball, and can hurt u with his legs. I will agree he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he has plenty. Hope he's a Hawk!
If you honestly don't believe there is atleast 6 QB's going the 1st rd you really need to watch more football. This draft has potential to be the best QB class in history.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Nice post. CactusJack is a fake. He relies his scouting on mock drafts. He loves to troll.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Nice post. CactusJack is a fake. He relies his scouting on mock drafts. He loves to troll.
Fake? No, I don't rely on mocks all the time.

Chevy, the only person I enjoy trolling is you, for your unique takes. 😉

CactusJack

Reaction score
Well Ewers is playing @ 6'3" 210lbs. I'm not saying h is Josh Allen, but if u really have watched his games u see a strong resemblance.
The first half of the Texas/Oklahoma game is a perfect illustration of the up/down play of Ewers. Makes poor decisions, which leads to two costly interceptions.

Ewers is actually listed at 195lbs. He's lost a significant amount of weight. No, he doesn't resemble Josh Allen at all.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
If you honestly don't believe there is atleast 6 QB's going the 1st rd you really need to watch more football. This draft has potential to be the best QB class in history.
Fyi, every year QB's get pushed up the draft Board this time of year. Things however tend to shift after the season & during the lead up to the draft.

As far as the six you mention? The rumor is that Sanders will return to school for another year. Meanwhile, Ewers, Penix, Leonard, McCarthy, etc. are more than likely to end up as day two-three picks in reality. As teams/scouts begin to really evaluate these prospects & pick them apart.

Caleb Williams is a great prospect. He will undoubtedly be the #1 pick next April.

Drake Maye is also a very good prospect in his own right. Will also be picked very high.

Having said that, none of these other guys in the mix have really separated themselves as the clear #3 guy. McCarthy might be making more of a case. But it's still up for debate. That is part of the issue.

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
Fyi, every year QB's get pushed up the draft Board this time of year. Things however tend to shift after the season & during the lead up to the draft.

As far as the six you mention? The rumor is that Sanders will return to school for another year. Meanwhile, Ewers, Penix, Leonard, McCarthy, etc. are more than likely to end up as day two-three picks in reality. As teams/scouts begin to really evaluate these prospects & pick them apart.

Caleb Williams is a great prospect. He will undoubtedly be the #1 pick next April.

Drake Maye is also a very good prospect in his own right. Will also be picked very high.

Having said that, none of these other guys in the mix have really separated themselves as the clear #3 guy. McCarthy might be making more of a case. But it's still up for debate. That is part of the issue.
I agree with Chevy, cactusjack your a troll. Stop looking at mock drafts and watch some football. There is 9 NFL QB needy teams, 10 counting the Hawks. Christ if Kenny Pickett is a 1st rd pick, then
Williams
Drake
Nix
Penix
Sanders (if enters draft)
McCarthy
Leonard
Ewers
Ward
Travis

All more then have a chance of going In the 1st rd.
What in God's name do you need to see from McCarthy other then a lil better arm. He is playing some damn good ball, but you can't see that in your mock drafts. The 1st rd will be dominated by QB & OT book it!

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Well...I tried to talk some sense. But apparently no one is listening.

Last edited: