Should Seahawks be considered a threat to NFC's top seeds?

ivotuk

Reaction score
"* Peter King of The MMQB names Russell Wilson as one of his offensive players of the week:

"Wilson has played a lot of good games in his four-year NFL career. Sunday in Minnesota, I thought Wilson was a virtuoso. The numbers were good, sure -- 21 of 27, 274 yards, three touchdowns, no picks, 146.0 rating, 51 yards rushing -- but it was one of those games you had to watch to really see Wilson’s impact.

Late in the third quarter, for instance, Wilson weaved and sprinted 53 yards for a touchdown that appeared to ice the victory. But Luke Willson was called for holding, and so the Seahawks had to come back and try again. Next snap: Wilson threw down the deep middle for Doug Baldwin, who had a step on the Vikings secondary. Beautiful throw. Wilson was in total command in a 38-7 win.""

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... -top-seeds

RussB

Reaction score
They are 2 time defending NFC champs, why wouldnt they be a threat?

BigMeach

Reaction score
What top team would beat us?

The best teams in the league struggled to get a win against us this year when we were playing horribly. In fact, the ones we played were all losing to us in the 4th quarter.

Enter THIS Seahawks team.

Victory.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
If you're talking about the Hawks of late, then we are absolutely a threat to the top teams.

If you're talking about the Seahawks earlier in the season then we would give up a 4th qtr lead to almost any team in the NFL.

Once again we are getting hot at the right time, and we know what that means in the playoffs.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If your team makes the playoffs...your team is a threat.

idahohawk

Reaction score
2Cool4School":g4y5x0hg said:
They are 2 time defending NFC champs, why wouldnt they be a threat?

If they make the playoffs, yes they are a threat. But I hope the LOB is better than they have been all season, (sans vs. non passing QBs like Bridgewater) because Palmer, Rodgers, and even Newton will carve them up again, if given the chance.

Too early for the "We're back" rhetoric, IMO. Clamping down on AP & a handcuffed Bridgewater is not proof the LOB is back, nor will facing Schaub, Johnny Football, & whatever warm body Fisher throws out there for the Rams' bi-annual Superbowl matchup w/ the Hawks prove such.

We are trending up... but I'll hold my cards on this Bingo call, at least until we win the next 2.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":34tklp0s said:
If you're talking about the Hawks of late, then we are absolutely a threat to the top teams.

If you're talking about the Seahawks earlier in the season then we would give up a 4th qtr lead to almost any team in the NFL.

Once again we are getting hot at the right time, and we know what that means in the playoffs.

Why would we be talking about the Seahawks from early in the season if we are contemplating our threat for the playoffs?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The Seahawks are finishing hot, winning out. I guarantee it. I dont think a team in the league is more balanced and deeper than this incarnation. The road to the super bowl wont go through Seattle but there isnt a team or fanbase that wants to play the hawks.

mikeak

Reaction score
The Seahawks are back. Maybe in a different mold but one that can beat anybody

Rob12

Reaction score
RW was insane against the Vikings. He also threw the ball away twice and had two of his passes dropped. He could have been 25-27 for over 300 yards.

And we're more than a threat. We're the team to beat. Two-time defending NFC Champs and we're making the playoffs. We're hitting stride. DVOA loves this team. I'd be crapping bricks at the thought of playing the Seahawks in the playoffs, even in my own house, if I were the team that gets them.

Until a team knocks us off, we're much more than a threat.