Sherman's latest article

Tical21

Reaction score
Wait a second. I back the players 99% of the time in these arguments. I believe they shouldn't even have owners. But I don't get at all where Sherman is coming from.

Is he implying they should take the contracts they negotiated and agreed to, knowing full well that the preseason was part of the deal, and shred them? Then redo the contracts, automatically giving the players more money?

Or is he implying that they should lessen the amounts of the regular season game checks and spread the salary over 20 checks instead of 16?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sherman is flat out wrong. If the NFLPA wants to cut up the game checks into 20 checks instead of 16, then that's fine, but it's not going to change the total compensation of each player's contract.

So to say they should get paid for pre-season games is stupid. It's like a teacher's salary, you can have it all in the nine months you work, or we can spread it out over the entire year.............but the total amount isn't going to change.

If I was Sherman, I would have focused on screwing over the fans, not the players.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37g3wte4 said:
Sherman is flat out wrong. If the NFLPA wants to cut up the game checks into 20 checks instead of 16, then that's fine, but it's not going to change the total compensation of each player's contract.

So to say they should get paid for pre-season games is stupid. It's like a teacher's salary, you can have it all in the nine months you work, or we can spread it out over the entire year.............but the total amount isn't going to change.

If I was Sherman, I would have focused on screwing over the fans, not the players.

Isn't there enough written from a fans perspective?

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Scottemojo":xhx2ipbj said:
A pro jock bitching about inequities, is damn right hilarious.
And fans who fall back on the tired old "athletes have it so good, they should just shut up" rap are jealous balloon knots.[/quote]

my mind is absolutely blown so many of you are agreeing with sherm. no risk, no reward. plain and simple, thats how life works. this is absolutely hilarious how you butt kissers are so pathetic you want pros to strike deals to get even more benefits than you do in life. Most of you are grown men and you can see no wrong in all of sherms actions just cause hes on your fav football team lolllllllll. Sherm is a smart guy, i would be more than willing to bet he put the fan part in as a PR note nothing more btw. Lets not pretend this isnt about getting more money, which is fine, thats expected. but to play the whole injury pitty card is a horrible (and pretty much his only) argument. Keep in perspective, this is why its a huge advantage to get free schooling for being an athlete in college, these guys have no excuse as to not having a fallback. Despite your pathetic efforts of feeling for this guy, i hope you all realize how most of these guys have had it on easy mode their entire life for being athletes, most of these guys were probably babied by coaches since 9th grade or younger. Life hasnt been hard for them, hell even look at bruce, do you think his story would be the same/ hed get as many chances by people if he wasnt a freak athlete? statistics say otherwise. being jealous is besides the point, and is a rather ignorant remark to be made to someone that disagrees. im sure i wont get a response/or just get shot down, ive noticed how all the pompous know it alls act on here, just wanted to share my 2cents, take care.

p.s. i support checks being spread evenly through each year, but i HIGHLY doubt thats why he wrote this.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":3sdugv6w said:
my mind is absolutely blown so many of you are agreeing with sherm. no risk, no reward. plain and simple, thats how life works. this is absolutely hilarious how you butt kissers are so pathetic you want pros to strike deals to get even more benefits than you do in life. Most of you are grown men and you can see no wrong in all of sherms actions just cause hes on your fav football team lolllllllll. Sherm is a smart guy, i would be more than willing to bet he put the fan part in as a PR note nothing more btw. Lets not pretend this isnt about getting more money, which is fine, thats expected. but to play the whole injury pitty card is a horrible (and pretty much his only) argument. Keep in perspective, this is why its a huge advantage to get free schooling for being an athlete in college, these guys have no excuse as to not having a fallback. Despite your pathetic efforts of feeling for this guy, i hope you all realize how most of these guys have had it on easy mode their entire life for being athletes, most of these guys were probably babied by coaches since 9th grade or younger. Life hasnt been hard for them, hell even look at bruce, do you think his story would be the same/ hed get as many chances by people if he wasnt a freak athlete? statistics say otherwise. being jealous is besides the point, and is a rather ignorant remark to be made to someone that disagrees. im sure i wont get a response/or just get shot down, ive noticed how all the pompous know it alls act on here, just wanted to share my 2cents, take care.

p.s. i support checks being spread evenly through each year, but i HIGHLY doubt thats why he wrote this.

Zzzzzzzzz. Paragraph breaks are our friends.

You sound like the biggest know it all of them all. Too bad all of that was so unintelligible, it's hard to know for sure.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

Still, I have to wonder why you even tune in to watch football, seeing as you're kind of hostile to their existence off the field. I assume you actually watch the games, right?

Of course, I can't help but notice that the one guy you chose to pick on worked his ass off to get out of the LA ghetto and be the first guy from his school to go to Stanford. Hardly sounds like he had it easy.

Fan resentment is a weird thing. Cheer for the guy while he makes a play, then trash his character when he says anything about more money. Compare his job and situation to your own, without seeming to realize not one damn person would pay 3 cents to watch you show off your talents.

The best part, you actually agree with him about what should be done, but still trash him because you don't like...anything, apparently.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I dunno about the article, what i do know about richard sherman is that he's taken his loud mouth antics and used the fame they've given him to spend an entire offseason doing more fundraisers and charity work than I've ever heard of a player doing in one offseason, and probably more than most do in a career.

There are ALWAYS going to be more people who love him for his swagger, confidence, play, and trash talk than who don't like him for it, therefore I hope he keeps it up.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1cui9tiv said:
Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

Still, I have to wonder why you even tune in to watch football, seeing as you're kind of hostile to their existence off the field. I assume you actually watch the games, right?

Of course, I can't help but notice that the one guy you chose to pick on worked his ass off to get out of the LA ghetto and be the first guy from his school to go to Stanford. Hardly sounds like he had it easy.

Fan resentment is a weird thing. Cheer for the guy while he makes a play, then trash his character when he says anything about more money. Compare his job and situation to your own, without seeming to realize not one damn person would pay 3 cents to watch you show off your talents.

The best part, you actually agree with him about what should be done, but still trash him because you don't like...anything, apparently.

I bet people would pay me at least 3 cents to watch me land this tug and barge.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I think all he is trying to say is...if the fans pay regular season prices to go to the pre-season games, then the players should get paid to play said pre-season game at full price. (My counter would be...they typically do not play the FULL pre-season game...)

GO HAWKS!!

TCS

Reaction score
Scottemojo":32d78uvx said:

+1

I'm going to go slit my wrists now. The realization that I'm not only pathetic, but a butt kisser ta boot, is too much for me too bear. :sarcasm_off:

Clean it up, man.

Go Hawks!

tcs

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":12yzbj6a said:
Scottemojo":12yzbj6a said:

i'd pay at least 3 cents if you let ME drive the tug and barge...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
CANHawk":18lqzhpx said:
Tech Worlds":18lqzhpx said:
Scottemojo":18lqzhpx said:

i'd pay at least 3 cents if you let ME drive the tug and barge...

Now you are getting outside your pay grade.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":2hb1q8ay said:
Sgt. Largent":2hb1q8ay said:

Isn't there enough written from a fans perspective?

Where? I see media side, coaches side, players side.......not too many fans writing for major publications.

If there's one thing I know, pro athletes complaining about getting paid more doesn't usually go over too well with the average fan working 70 hour weeks and making 40k a year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1a1octzb said:
Scottemojo":1a1octzb said:

You should call Discovery channel. Perhaps there is some reality show you could be involved in. World's 2,345th Most Dangerous Job or something like that.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bmfriww said:
Tech Worlds":1bmfriww said:
Scottemojo":1bmfriww said:

You should call Discovery channel. Perhaps there is some reality show you could be involved in. World's 2,345th Most Dangerous Job or something like that.

Well my job isn't as dangerous as barefoot diamond mining by the impoverished in Africa but it definitely ranks as out of the ordinary.

I am also happy to say that it's been a few years since we have had a fatality.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3bk8r6e9 said:

hostile towards their existence off the field? im not sure how thats relevant to anything i said.

i love how so many athletes werent supposed to make it to where they are, the genetic lottery is a hell of a thing.

im not sure where i trashed his character, if you actually read my jumbled post clearly i said i think hes a smart guy. abusing the context to make yourself sound more intelligent/correct, exactly what i meant.

my main point is, athletes take risks of being hurt in the off season and preseason..so they can get paid big. yes theres a risk, but theres a huge reward. im unsure why you feel thats unfair? so no i didnt agree with him.

hm people dont want to hear rich people complain about money, is this really mind blowing to you? get a grip man, you took my whole post personally im not sure why. maybe the know it all comment cut deep for some reason.....

i apologize if i upset any of shermans great defenders on here. i like the guy, i dont take what he has to say too serious because everyone in the world wants more money.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13531rt8 said:

This is what I was trying to say. You did a much better job of putting my thoughts into words.