Sherm just killed it in his presser **UPDATE with link **

idahohawk

Reaction score
This was epic:

"What's the definition of a thug really? There was a hockey game where they didn't even play hockey... they just threw their sticks aside and started fighting I saw that and I said 'oh man I'm the thug? What is going on here?' Sheeze. So I am really disappointed in being called a thug." -- Richard Sherman

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Richard Sherman is not only a phenomenal football player on the field, I think that those who do a little checking will find out he's also highly intelligent and basically a decent human being with an amazing story of overcoming - like so many others on this team. Media feeding frenzy is turning molehills into mountains - their core competency because they're basically superficial soundbite, ratings driven creatures. The soundbite is not the real story here.

Sherm nailed it today. Good job #25!

Escamillo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ku5qxvf said:
Here's the on-field interview he gave RIGHT BEFORE talking to Erin Andrews:

http://deadspin.com/heres-another-aweso ... socialflow

You can tell he was totally jacked up with emotion at that moment. It's hilarious because the interviewer is hurling questions at him in Spanish/broken English, but he's responding to unintelligible questions anyway lol. Nice hug with Andrews at the end.

Nice find. It shows what Erin Andrews was talking about on Dan Patrick's show, where she said Sherm was speaking with another reporter, saw Erin Andrews, and gave her a bear hug. But in the process she hit her chin on his sholder pad, and thought she might be bleeding from it, but no harm done as it turned out. LOL
Anyway, I've heard lots of talk that Sherm scared Erin Andrews, Erin Andrews says that's bs, and she loved Sherm's interview:
[youtube]zU-px_wtkjM[/youtube]

Nearpost

Reaction score
Michael Irvin worth a watch on NFL total access on the NFL channel, should repeat at 8 pm. Entertainingly supportive of RS.

Escamillo

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":ol4ayja7 said:
SHOCKER315":ol4ayja7 said:
I can't agree more... wow.. he owned that!!! My only hope is that the national media picks that presser up. He confronted every tough question head on, didn't run from the controversy... and came out looking smarter and better for it.

I guarantee many of those reporters in that room weren't expecting some of those thoughtful answers. I think we are witnessing the birth of a national sports superstar and icon this week.

Go Sherm!!!
KJR just said it was live on CNN and Fox News, of all places.

Fox News? I don't want to offend any fans here of Fox News (which is separate from Fox Sports), but Fox News likely covered it hoping Sherman would explode in profanities or some such. CNN too, for that matter. :|

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sherm is going to end up the most popular/most hated/most heavily sponsored non QB in a long damn time.

chris98251

Reaction score
People were surprised how well Cassius Clay could articulate and interview also, they thought he was just a smack talker who could box, Ali would later be looked at as a great humanitarian as well as a legend and a person many felt comfortable being an ambassador for them.