Sherm just killed it in his presser **UPDATE with link **

ZLDRider

Reaction score
They (NFL Live) only showed Sherman's responses and didn't air the questions.

OP
OP
VivaEfrenHerrera

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Puckett just said they will podcast the whole thing after the show. I'm pretty sure the whole thing's about 20 minutes long and so the vid above is mislabeled by CNN.

Shock2k

Reaction score
They usually post the noon interviews on Seahawks.com between 4:30 PM and 5:00 PM. So it will be up.

Definitely recommend people taking a look at it.

Wartooth

Reaction score
They need to climb down off of Sherm.
It's so stale now that the only people still talking about it, are people who didn't even know about it until the media blew it out of proportion!
I personally don't care what casual fans, and fans of other teams think of Sherm.
Everyone I've talked to either loves his fire, or even if they didn't like what he did...Can't deny the talent.
As far as everyone climbing on the Donkos bandwagon because of this?
Don't care, the game will be played! I have full faith that our young, brash, players will rise to the challenge...And win the game!
GO HAWKS!

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Watch the whole thing when you get chance. Some of those reporters were throwing him some loaded/tough questions trying to get him to stumble or react negatively, (particularly the sportsmanship/thug/and choke sign questions).

He handled them with ease... I think a came off looking insightful, by demonstrating the hypocrisy and selective outrage by the sports media and society as a whole by bringing up Ice Hockey, Reggie Miller, Muhammad Ali, "real thugs", Compton to Stanford, and "being himself"... etc.

He has just started to "cross over" from being an ordinary a sports star... to cultural icon that is covered on CNN/FOX and the nightly news. If he has a big Superbowl to back all of this up... We will all be talking about Sherman as an legendary figure.... not just in Seattle history... but all of sports history.

This could be big.

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
Largent80":2a4a4mpj said:
The only "incident" was Sherm playing that ball perfectly and ending the 9er season.

Not to belabor the issue - but can you imagine what must have been going through Richard Sherman's mind after he tipped the ball to Malcolm Smith? He knew that - the 49ers staff and players were essentially banking on him to make a misstep in order to win the game. :shock: He knew that - if he made a mistake on the play, the 49ers would be crowned champions at Century Link field. :shock: He knew that - if he didn't make that one play, the entire stadium would leave disappointed in him and there would be NO Super Bowl for he and his team. :shock: NO PRESSURE RICHARD!!! :sarcasm_on:

Now put a mic in his face - with all of those realizations in his head - and you have an incident. "that's what you're gunna get". I can only imaging what I might have done... :34853_doh:

God Bless Richard Sherman :!:

OP
OP
VivaEfrenHerrera

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":3qxnlq9r said:
Watch the whole thing when you get chance. Some of those reporters were throwing him some loaded/tough questions trying to get him to stumble or react negatively, (particularly the sportsmanship/thug/and choke sign questions).

He handled them with ease... I think a came off looking insightful, by demonstrating the hypocrisy and selective outrage by the sports media and society as a whole by bringing up Ice Hockey, Reggie Miller, Muhammad Ali, "real thugs", Compton to Stanford, and "being himself"... etc.

He has just started to "cross over" from being an ordinary a sports star... to cultural icon that is covered on CNN/FOX and the nightly news. If he has a big Superbowl to back all of this up... We will all be talking about Sherman as an legendary figure.... not just in Seattle history... but all of sports history.

This could be big.
Totally agree with all this.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
At this point, the main thing I'm taking from all this is that our games are probably going to be on national TV a lot next year. And that's cool. So, go Sherm!!!

plyka

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2ei0n2br said:
SHOCKER315":2ei0n2br said:
I can't agree more... wow.. he owned that!!! My only hope is that the national media picks that presser up. He confronted every tough question head on, didn't run from the controversy... and came out looking smarter and better for it.

I guarantee many of those reporters in that room weren't expecting some of those thoughtful answers. I think we are witnessing the birth of a national sports superstar and icon this week.

Go Sherm!!!
KJR just said it was live on CNN and Fox News, of all places.

The national media are a bunch of nincompoops...CNN and Fox news are now covering Sherman because he talked smack to a WR? Just take a second and think about this, wrap your mind around the idiocy in the media. If they spent 30 seconds digging they could find politician after politician selling their services to the highest bidder but instead they are running Sherman's press conference live, lol. The media is the real story in all this.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Without doubt one of the most personable, entertaining and smartest players in the NFL.

But he called out Michael Crabtree.

So now the world is ending.

razgriz737

Reaction score
That was outstanding. My next jersey will undoubtedly be a Sherman jersey, and I will be a fan of his wherever he ends up in the future (hopefully he will still be here, though).

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Here's the on-field interview he gave RIGHT BEFORE talking to Erin Andrews:

http://deadspin.com/heres-another-aweso ... socialflow

You can tell he was totally jacked up with emotion at that moment. It's hilarious because the interviewer is hurling questions at him in Spanish/broken English, but he's responding to unintelligible questions anyway lol. Nice hug with Andrews at the end.