Shareece Wright re-signs with Ravens

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I hope Wright continues to make the 49ers look stupid after not activating him/releasing him last season when they were in dire need of better starting cornerback play.

He was rewarded Monday with a three-year deal, signed just two days before the 28-year-old was due to hit the free agent market. His new contract is reportedly worth $16 million and it includes $5 million in guaranteed money.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... story.html

"He's the most consistent or one of the most consistent players that we had on defense, especially in the second half of the year," defensive coordinator Dean Pees said. "I'm so excited to have him back."

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-raven ... ith-ravens

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Wright was consistently bad on the Ravens last year. He's getting 5 million in guaranteed money on a multi-year deal. :D

And the 9ers CB play would be close to the bottom on their list of problems last year.

The only way Wright has screwed the 9ers is he basically singlehandedly allowed the 9ers to beat the Ravens in week 6 last year, pushing their pick from #4 to #7.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1tagdt48 said:
Wright was consistently bad on the Ravens last year. He's getting 5 million in guaranteed money on a multi-year deal. :D

And the 9ers CB play would be close to the bottom on their list of problems last year.

The only way Wright has screwed the 9ers is he basically singlehandedly allowed the 9ers to beat the Ravens in week 6 last year, pushing their pick from #4 to #7.

According to what measure exactly was Wright "bad" for the Ravens last season (other than delusional Whiner wishful thinking)? PFF rated him among the Top 32 . . . higher than any other Raven or 49er CB.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/pff/status/672899009292460032[/tweet]

From the ESPN article above:
"Wright then was a starting cornerback for a defense that allowed the fewest passing yards in the second half of the season (183.3 per game) and ranked third on third downs (opponents converted 30.3 percent of the time)."

According to Ravens DC Dean Pees, Wright was one of the Ravens "most consistent players that we had on defense."

Ravens HC John Harbaugh said, "Nobody works harder. Nobody is more dedicated to his craft. Nobody spends more time watching tape. Nobody cares more about doing things the right way in terms of how hard he plays. He's just the kind of guy that we want to continue to build our defense with."

And the most telling fact is that they put their money where their mouth is, locking Wright up with a three year, $16 million deal that includes $5 million in guaranteed money.

Meanwhile, the 49ers were ranked 30th in the league in pass defense by Football Outsiders, 30th in yards allowed per attempt, and 30th in completion percentage allowed. Kenneth Acker was rated among the WORST corners in the league.

The Ravens are making the Whiners look like chumps, per usual.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2785r71e said:
And the most telling fact is that they put their money where their mouth is, locking Wright up with a three year, $16 million deal that includes $5 million in guaranteed money.

With a straight face you're arguing that 5 million in guaranteed money is evidence of a "fleecing" and the Ravens putting their money where their mouth is.

When replying to you sometimes I worry that you're actually a gimmick account and just engaging me in some weird experimental art project.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3sjr0nuy said:
hawknation2016":3sjr0nuy said:

With a straight face you're arguing that 5 million in guaranteed money is evidence of a "fleecing" and the Ravens putting their money where their mouth is.

When replying to you sometimes I worry that you're actually a gimmick account and just engaging me in some weird experimental art project.

Based on how well Wright played for them last year, they actually got a good deal. 8)

Latest posts